• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses 2-Day Precision Rifle, 15-16 April, Rocky Mount Virginia

CR2 Dude

CR2 Shooting Solutions
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 19, 2017
GA
www.cr2shootingsolutions.com
B14E8497-82B1-4FF9-8835-6DDEFD3C3FDC.png

2 Months Out…

We’ll be back @piggriverprecision 15-16 April. If you’re a new shooter or a seasoned competitor needing a tune up before your next big match. This is the course for you.

2-Day Course Sign-up

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Went to high school there. If I were still in VA I would be all over it. Passing the info on to a few natives.

Reactions: CR2 Dude
Well this is only 3hrs away and I haven't shot at pigg river yet... hear it's a really nice range. Might have to occupy one of the spots

Anyone have lodging suggestions?

Josh Bandy at Pigg River advised the following:
There’s two within. 15 minute drive of the facility- Baymont by Wyndham (a little older and I’d say 2nd choice) and a Holiday Inn Express (first choice) - both in rocky mount, VA. I would also look at some of the Bed and Breakfasts like the Kyle House or check out the local Airbnb searches.

There’s nice air bnbs around that area

Come back in late July / august when I have tome to attend !

I looked at the Overland Drive location for this place, which got good views on Expedia.

-Stan

There are probably a few hotels out toward Moneta/ Smith Mountain Lake area. Easy drive to Rocky Mount without the Roanoke traffic.

I’ll bring the Lemon Party bus. We can all stay together.

Reactions: GBMaryland
Man y'all have been hammering this course. We officially have one slot left! Lets see if we can fill it!
Looks like GB started it ... so blame it on him lol

I'm putting links to every hotel/ motel I can find within a 20 mile radius.
No vacancy on 15th if I'm seeing correctly
Screenshot_20230223_204354_Chrome~2.jpg

Appears to not be an option
Screenshot_20230223_204633_Chrome.jpg
No openings
Screenshot_20230223_204837_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230223_205251_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230223_205455_Chrome.jpg
Ok I'm noticing a trend here for that weekend....

And prices seem to be pumped that weekend for some reason...

I assume there are some parallel events at play during the same time

Was hoping to start a group chat so so we could try to get rooms with close enough proximity for everyone to get dinner / drinks / talk junk / etc .... but just finding lodging might be a task lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
If we move up towards Roanoke we would have at least a 35 min drive to the range
Screenshot_20230223_211150_Maps.jpg

But...
We might could coordinate a stay with food & drinks within walking distance

Screenshot_20230223_210925_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
If we move up towards Roanoke we would have at least a 35 min drive to the range
View attachment 8082267
But...
We might could coordinate a stay with food & drinks within walking distance

View attachment 8082269
So just found out there is a race in Martinsville. That’s why it seems that all those hotels are booked. I noticed a couple Airbnb’s open within 20mins or so. And yeah Roanoke is always an option.

If I remember correctly there is a campground in town also

Reactions: BurtG
I’m just gonna get a hooker named Buffy, and stay in the penthouse in some hotel in Roanoke!

🤣
As long as Buffy isn't Horta dressed in drag... 🫣

How you look up charging stations?
Any close to Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke?
That's the furthest south place I see with food & drinks in the same parking lot

On a YouTube video @CR2 SS mentioned downloading an app called Windy and using it to look at wind data and trends at a location in advance of your arrival.

For Pigg River you can download the app and add a favorite at a location called Sydnorsville, which is the closest weather station.

See attached pic.

-Stan

7E419F90-C6DD-4A80-A563-C86424D58EF6.jpeg

Saw the email sent out asking about rifle and such being used

Anybody know the general course of fire & range for this event?

Wondering what is best to bring...

this class was great - thank you to the cr2 team for the knowledge and patience! i definitely look forward to going back to pigg river - range is awesome. I'm a complete noob at long range shooting, and cr2 certainly made me a bit better and I now know more about my reticle, gun, kestrel, and that god-damn screw on the bottom of my magnetospeed chrono!

this class was great - thank you to the cr2 team for the knowledge and patience! i definitely look forward to going back to pigg river - range is awesome. I'm a complete noob at long range shooting, and cr2 certainly made me a bit better and I now know more about my reticle, gun, kestrel, and that god-damn screw on the bottom of my magnetospeed chrono!
Haha man awesome man, I’m glad you were able to come out.

Had a pretty good time at the last Pigg River class! It was nice that Chris and his team brought kestrels for everyone in the class to use…

Not to mention, they were super approachable for questions, and willing to help it every step.

Had a pretty good time at the last Pigg River class! It was nice that Chris and his team brought kestrels for everyone in the class to use…

Not to mention, they were super approachable for questions, and willing to help it every step.
Thanks for the kind words! It was great having you.

Last edited: