• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

2 different gr ammo's for match and optic?

al50bmgshooter

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
For tactical I want to shoot heavier 69gr for long range, 200yds and out and 55's for the rest of the course. I have a millet1-4 zeroed @ 100 with 55's. I shot my 69gr test loads today and of course the poi is much different. Would I be better served to get a zero stop scope, dial it in @ 100 with 55's, set my knobs then when I shoot the 69's,I can adjust the knobs for those and still have zero for 55's??

Re: 2 different gr ammo's for match and optic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt.creedmoor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just shoot the 69's and be done with it....no need to complicate it </div></div>

+1 follow the KISS principle because your brain turns off when the buzzer goes off.

Going to assume that from the set up You described it is a 3gun rifle . Zero with your good ammo and shoot the cheap stuff up close . The difference between the 2 loads up close will be negligible . The degree of accuracy that is needed for the typical target 200 and in is really in the 4 - 5 moa range and shouldn't be an issue . Been shooting this way since 97 along with pretty much all the other Co 3gun guy's with no issues .

this is just tact rifle for now. Havent gotten the chance to do 3gun yet.