• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 More Episode 95 questions

Namekagon

Oracle of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Wausau, WI
Hey guys, a couple of questions on episode 95.

1. Frank talks briefly about truing software by adjusting MV for short ranges and adjusting BC to get the longer range numbers to match dope. My question is , how much is too much when tweaking a G7 BC? I have a program that wants me to add more than 0.030 to a G7 BC of 0.262 to match at 1000. That seems like a lot, should that bother me?

2. Frank mentions thumb position of firing hand. Can anyone go into more detail on what the thumb of the firing hand should be doing during trigger pull on a standard rifle stock (i.e. not a pistol style grip). I know the the bottom 3 fingers need to be pulling the rifle into the shoulder, and trigger finger at a 90 degree angle to the trigger. Should the thumb be wrapped around the grip, or off to the side? If wrapped around around, should it be squeezing forward on the grip helping the finger pull the trigger, or just laying on the rifle somewhere comfortable? I've noticed that when I squeeze with both my thumb and trigger finger at the same time, the trigger breaks much faster and more predictably. I feel like I am in better control, but is that right?

Hey guys, a couple of questions on episode 95.

1. Frank talks briefly about truing software by adjusting MV for short ranges and adjusting BC to get the longer range numbers to match dope. My question is , how much is too much when tweaking a G7 BC? I have a program that wants me to add more than 0.030 to a G7 BC of 0.262 to match at 1000. That seems like a lot, should that bother me?

2. Frank mentions thumb position of firing hand. Can anyone go into more detail on what the thumb of the firing hand should be doing during trigger pull on a standard rifle stock (i.e. not a pistol style grip). I know the the bottom 3 fingers need to be pulling the rifle into the shoulder, and trigger finger at a 90 degree angle to the trigger. Should the thumb be wrapped around the grip, or off to the side? If wrapped around around, should it be squeezing forward on the grip helping the finger pull the trigger, or just laying on the rifle somewhere comfortable? I've noticed that when I squeeze with both my thumb and trigger finger at the same time, the trigger breaks much faster and more predictably. I feel like I am in better control, but is that right?
ill stab at number 1.

How different is your MV vs the manufacturer? the bigger the difference the bigger the BC change

ill stab at number 1.

How different is your MV vs the manufacturer? the bigger the difference the bigger the BC change

I guess I'm not sure. I'm shooting 6mm 107 SMK's at 3030 fps according to my chronograph. Its not a magneto speed, so I take the velocities it gives me as ballpark. Using the information I have, my software consistently predicts too much drop beyond 700 yards. I thought I knew exactly what to do and bumped the BC up a little, but was surprised at how much it took to get there. Which made me wonder, how much is too much, and should i be pushing my velocity up a little vs changing the BC this much?

Given that you are not using a magneto speed or lab radar, then I think you should put the BC back to factory spec, and tweak your velocity to be dead on at 400 to 500 yards. Once that is trued up then go back to tweaking BC at longer distances.