• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2 NXS's 2 Calibers What's Best Match ?

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
Folks just wanting more expert opinions than mine;

I have 2 NXS's

5.5-22x50 MLR/MIL adj.
5.5-22x56 Mildot/MIL adj.

The 2 rifles I am having built are a 6.5x47 and a .338 Norma Mag.

Is one of the above scopes better suited to one of these calibers in your opinion ?

My initial thoughts are the 5.5-22x56 Mildot would be best suite to the .338 Norma as I will most likely shoot bigger game with that rifle. And the 5.5-22x50 MLR on the 6.5x47.

Any reason not to go that way and what are your reasons ?

Re: 2 NXS's 2 Calibers What's Best Match ?

For all intents and purposes those are the same scope. Are you planning on actually using the reticles for what they are intended (milling--leading movers)? And with which rifle?

Prone only or alternate positions??

The 50 is lighter and smaller than the 56, so if you are trying to minimize weight on either of the rifles...

Which reticle do you prefer for milling, etc?...

I agree, they are virtually the same scope.The 56 objective is a weee bit heavier but will have slightly better low light gathering.Mildot may be easier to range a target with I would probably put it on the hunting rifle.

Thanks folks no I wont be using the reticle for ranging I will use LRF for that I dont think I am that talented !!

As for minimizing weight well both rifles will be fairly heavy manners T4A's both on Surgeon's, XL & SA.

I have a .375/408 IMP and I definitely wanted my .338 Norma to come in lighter than that.

Both rifles will be used for shooting game. The 6.5x47 will see more use under the spotlight than the Norma Mag.

I LOVE NXS's Mildot its the nicest one I have ever seen. Very Uncluttered.

Thanks folks.