• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 Pound Trigger Spring

Re: 2 Pound Trigger Spring

There are three springs in the FCG. The trigger spring and the disconnector spring do virtually nothing as far as trigger tension/trigger release force are concerned.

The trigger spring returns the trigger to the rest position.

The primary trigger tensioning force comes from the hammer spring, and if you drop the spring tension that low, the hammer will not have the force to ignite primers.

Lightweight aftermarket spring sets (like JP Engineering's) come with caution/warning messages from the manufacturer that the lightened spring set may not work reliably with military grade primers.

if you want to run light springs federal primers are considered the softest

Try JP trigger springs. They make one for hammer, and one for trigger. The two together with their other parts makes a wonderful improvement. I have a couple of them, and they have both functioned without any problem. The one in my AR15 has been chugging along for over 15 years, and has NEVER had any problems. That (never) is darned hard to say.

100% agree on the JP Springs!!!! I jave 4 sets coming in Friday. They are one of the best improvements to a stock trigger especailly given the cost

The new Wilson Combat TTU-3G is awesome and my new favorite AR trigger. I have shot in several folks guns and it is nice. I prefer single stage in AR's even in my precsision MA-TEN. I have the PACT AR Gold in my AR 15 and the JP in the MA-TEN but will ikely upgrade to the Wilson in the MA-TEN and put the Wilson in my upcoming AR build