• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 sets of foam for 1 pelican case?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
Is it possible to have 2 sets a foam cut out for 2 different rifles to be used in one pelican case? I am going to buy a 1750 pelican soon to use for a DPMS LR-308 and I would also like to use it for a remmy 700 also. Has anybody ever done this?

Re: 2 sets of foam for 1 pelican case?

it's possible, all you need is an extra center section of foam, be careful that the one not in the case doesn't get destroyed

I've done it before with different AR's. If you do it right you can probably make an all purpose channel to snugly fit either of those rifles in.

I have done this for a few of my hard cases. I glue the top and the bottom together. What I do now is glue pieces of foam to hold what I want. It uses much less foam.

There are a lot of places to get foam - if you're looking for Pelican foam, just change the "0" to a "1". 1750 becomes 1751:

opplanet-pelican-1751-original-3-pc-replacement-foam-set-1750.png

1751 foam set

Mark H.

Deff do some home work on Foam. $80 for Foam insane! Check around, you will find it cheaper!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: signal5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it possible to have 2 sets a foam cut out for 2 different rifles to be used in one pelican case? I am going to buy a 1750 pelican soon to use for a DPMS LR-308 and I would also like to use it for a remmy 700 also. Has anybody ever done this? </div></div>

I just picked up a 1750. Thanks for the link, Jason. The 2" firm looks like the way to go for a spare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have done this for a few of my hard cases. I glue the top and the bottom together. What I do now is glue pieces of foam to hold what I want. It uses much less foam. </div></div>

I'd like to know how you glue it and what kind of glue?

Aerosol Glue (it comes in a spray can.) I never tried Glue gun, but it gives me an idea now
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ckfishdive</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have done this for a few of my hard cases. I glue the top and the bottom together. What I do now is glue pieces of foam to hold what I want. It uses much less foam. </div></div>

I'd like to know how you glue it and what kind of glue? </div></div>

Do any of y'all have a source for closed cell foam to replace the crap that comes with the pelican case? Thanks!!!

closed cell foam available from Defender Marine, bought some last year. It's used for seat cushions in boat cockpits that may be exposed to moisture. Local marine store might have it and save on shipping.

Dont these guys sell the foam you need?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw this link from a while back, have never used them but might soon.

http://www.foambymail.com/charcoal-foam.html

Have some custom options as well it appears. </div></div>