• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 Shooter Sniper Team Match at University Rifle Club September 15, 2018

M25BeastShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
University Rifle Club will be hosting a Sniper Team Shoot. The Stages will be based on the Fort Benning International Sniper Comp. We will start EARLY with a hike to the range and jump right into shooting. The Teams will need 2 Pistols, at least 1 semi auto "Spotter/support" rifle/carbine and a precision rifle. One rifle must be either .223/5.56 or 7.62/.308 win. NO CALIBER OVER .308. Velocity 3200 fps or less. NO STEEL CORE ammunition. Pistol caliber 9mm of larger. Shooter/teams must carry ALL Gear, ammunition, supplies NO RANGE BUGGIES OR WAGONS. Water re-supply will be available. Range finders will be allowed on most stages. We expect the SIGN -IN TIME to be 0600, Start time 0700 Shooting to start 0800. We are planning to go to 1800 hrs so bring FOOD. Stages will require movement, physical exertion with targets ranging from CQB to small and far.
Entry Fee: $100.00 per team (for those from public education or Marine Corps boot graduate that's $50.00 per person on the team)

We are working on a prize table and trophies!!

Reactions: BLKWLFK9 and JayB
Looks awesome! When will registration be opened and will it be on the club website? What's the expected round count for each weapon?

Round Count: Pistol 50 rds PLENTY Still working on some CQB elements
Carbine 80 planned 100 Plenty
Rifle 60 Planned 100 Plenty

We will be opening the sign up in a day or two
I'll pu the flyer on the URC website

Each member will carry one pistol and a long gun. The long guns the team will need at least one semi auto and a precision rifle.

Looking for a teammate to shoot this. Anyone that shot the GGG series here and at New Holland probably has seen me. For the last few years I ran the MDSS also. If you think you know me, send me a PM and we'll figure it out.

I've got an AR setup for the DMR class in the GGG, so it is probably a little over-glassed with a 4-14 power scope. But I can probably make it work.

Or, I can shoot the precision class with an AR10 in 308. I shoot it as well as either of my bolt guns inside of 600 yards. The only thing I would be giving up is top end scope mag as it also has 4-14. Either gun I shoot will be suppressed.

This is for civilian class.

Full disclosure - I'm 50 years old. I had both knees replaced 2 years ago. I'm not winning any sprints. I don't fold into/out of positions like gumby anymore.

Anyone interested, send me a PM on here and we'll figure out if we can make it work.

Thanks,
Steve

That’s it.

A few lanes for targets up through the trees. They have a bunch of steel to put out and a number of good props to shoot from.

Looking for a teammate to shoot this. Anyone that shot the GGG series here and at New Holland probably has seen me. For the last few years I ran the MDSS also. If you think you know me, send me a PM and we'll figure it out.

I've got an AR setup for the DMR class in the GGG, so it is probably a little over-glassed with a 4-14 power scope. But I can probably make it work.

Or, I can shoot the precision class with an AR10 in 308. I shoot it as well as either of my bolt guns inside of 600 yards. The only thing I would be giving up is top end scope mag as it also has 4-14. Either gun I shoot will be suppressed.

This is for civilian class.

Full disclosure - I'm 50 years old. I had both knees replaced 2 years ago. I'm not winning any sprints. I don't fold into/out of positions like gumby anymore.

Anyone interested, send me a PM on here and we'll figure out if we can make it work.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve if you haven't gotten a partner yet email Robin he has the list of shooters he might be able to hook you up.

Rick

I'll be shooting it with my twin, hopefully meet up with some of you guys.

Awesome We always like shooting with new guys and getting them to shoot at University Rifle club. I think we have one of the best clubs for shooting tactical shoots in PA

Had GREAT SHOOT!! 16 teams competed. 9 stages, 1 mile hike with KIMS drill. Everyone had a blast taking the city "Neutralizing" their High Value Target!! Afghanistan Overwatch was a BIG success no one died going down to the OP. The rocks made a great shooting location.

Big thanks again to Geisselle Automatics, Kestrel Ballistics, Wells Custom Guns, Panchella Arms, Lehigh Defense and Patriot Valley Arms for the sponsorship they made the prize table as good as any national level shoot.

University Rifle Club if you want to have a great place to shoot out 600 yard in a Tactical NON TRADITIONAL Range environment come on out MEMBERSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE. Just look them up University Rifle Club Exeter PA

First precision rifle match and had a great time. Match was very well organized (compared to 2/3 gun and USPSA/IDPA that I’ve shot). Stages were legitimately fun as opposed to just “checking the box” and completing them. Will be back for next years for sure! Cannot wait to claim my Wells Custom Guns suppressor and run it as my precision rifle can. Thanks to all the sponsors, RO’s, and match directors!

It was an absolutely outstanding match. The ROs and MDs did a great job. Can't wait to shoot it again next year.