• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 unique barriling spud upper reaction rods/ Midwest URR reaction rods vs clam shells

URGILOVERR

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2023
USA
All right, I’m getting a lot of dowvotes on Reddit because apparently people are saying clam shells are better for barrel nut work then finned upper receiver, reaction rods that to 2 unique and Midwest industries offer. I believe the finned upper receiver reaction rods do a lot better of a job keeping the barrel timed properly do you guys use the clamshell or finned upper receiver reaction rods when torquing barrel nuts and give me your reasoning please

Same as above ,started with clamshell, before I even knew about reaction rods , have used rods for years now , never broke a receiver with the cla.shell but the rod actually holds the barrel got to be stronger.

I’m getting a lot of dowvotes on Reddit
There's your problem, stop listening to what someone votes for on Reddit.

I used to use the clamshell receiver block because that's basically all that was available, then migrated to a Magpul BEV block, and now I use the Midwest Industries reaction rod. For me the Midwest Industries reaction rod is the way to go for pretty much everything. I've put a lot a torque on a receiver trying to break a seized barrel nut loose with the MI reaction rod and the receiver came through no worse for wear, I'm not sure it would've been the same story with a clamshell. I also like the MI reaction rod because I can rotate the receiver in the vice to work on the gas block, add accessories, it's easier to do then using a clamshell or BEV block.

I have the Midwest Reaction rod and also a Knight Stick exclusively for SR15's and SR25's. My clamshells stay in the drawer anymore.

I use the Nefarious Arms reaction rod for my SR15, has worked well for the limited times I've needed it.

Another option for the KAC crowd, given how hard it is to source KAC parts these days.

I use the Nefarious Arms reaction rod for my SR15, has worked well for the limited times I've needed it.

Another option for the KAC crowd, given how hard it is to source KAC parts these days.
Is this their HK416 reaction rod? If so it's less than half what I paid for my Knights.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is this their HK416 reaction rod? If so it's less than half what I paid for my Knights.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I believe so? When I ordered, I just emailed Beth at NA requesting a SR15 compatible upper assembly tool.

From their FB page, it looks like their upper assembly tool is compatible with HK416 and KAC.

Reactions: 1911hombre