• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20-250 load data

looking at a 38 gr bullet hoping to get around 4200 FPS and then possibly will go for a 55-57gr bullet with higher BC for long range in the future. 24" hart with 1:9 twist and predator action. rifle will mainly be used for coyotes hopefully under 400 yards (which i hope to be basically without any holdover at that range with a 300 zero)

With that twist, why not go heavier? I'm running the 52 grain Ballistic tips in my model 12 that I couldn't sell. It's got a 12 twist.

There's a couple threads over at Saubier.com about 20-250.

I had problems with 55 Bergers in my 20x47L, they were blowing up even after slowed down some. I ended up using a mild load of 4100 fps with 40 Vmax for PD's.

A 52 grain Speer Hollow Point will not shoot through a coyote. If you are going to sell the fur, you will eventually find a load that you can settle on. With a 300 yard Zero, you will have to hold over, almost with any bullet. I sight mine in 1 1/2 inches high at 100, it is just a hair low at 300 and I use the lower duplex point at 400. Has worked for 30 years now on coyotes.

Sorry, I thought you were asking about a .22/250.

Last edited:
I have a factory Sako 85 varmint that shoots lights fucking out with berger 52 grain flat base varmint bullets and 34.9 grains of reloader 15.

And FYI those berger 52 fb varmint bullets drop coyotes everytime... everyone one i shoot drops. I shoot the he'll out of them in predator competitions.... amazing bullet imo. Shot deer with Em too... but head shots only... leave little holes but tears Em up in side...

i have a slower twist than you so you should run heavier than 52 grain for sure.