• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 20" 260

Smokin99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
Incirlik, Turkey
Elite iron can, Manners stock, FN Action, IOR 3-18 works very well on PDogs and Killed an Elk with it this year too

All work done by Youngs Gunsmithing in Tracy MT

Re: 20" 260

Its very good compare to other cans Ive been around, weve Borescoped allot of cans and the Elite Iron is one of the good ones for sure, machine work is very nice and the cans are super quiet.

Im droping my partd off to the gunshith tonight for a 20in 260. Hope mine comes out as nice as yours

How are you liking the length of the bbl with the .260? That is shorter then what most seem to like. I am thinking of having my .260 cut down. I like the rig though.

To me the 20"er (mine is a Sendero contour) is perfect with an 8" can its a 28" overall length which is managable. My 7saum has a 28" barrel and when you put a can on too its too much, to me the 20" is perfect. Dumped a spike elk this year with a berger vld 120gr bullet out of this 260, while he was running made him really sick when I broke his front shoulder then put another one in him to seal the deal. Swinging the 20" made the shot a piece of cake. This gun also killed 6 Speed Goats in WY, shots out to 514yards which was a chip shot for this rifle.
I put 900rnd threw this gun the first 2months of its life shooting PDogs with 95gr VMaxes out of an 1:8twist kreiger, I havent been very nice to this barrel. IMO I will always have a 20" 260rem, and when I finally wear the barrel out Ill put the same length back on it, to me its a perfect setup.

Very nice. Heavily considering a 20" .260 barrel myself. Have you chrono'd it?

Yes I did chrono it with an Oehler 35P, but Im out in field right now and dont return until Sunday but I think it was.....

Around 2925fps with 120gr VLD with H4350 and
Around 3250fps with 95gr VMax and Varget
Im also using Wolf LR primers
spread was under 10fps

Ive got it written down at the house and Ill post exact numbers on Sunday