• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

20" 6.5 Creed and 140gr+ factory ammo velocity ?

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
What velocities are you guys getting out of your 20-in barrels with factory 140's or heavier ?

Only factory ammo please no home brews... šŸ˜

thanks !

~TP...

Granted it's with a 18" barrel bolt gun, but I'm getting ~2720 with 140 Berger factory ammo

Last edited:
Reactions: TacticalPlinker
LabRadar with a Bartlein barrel. This is a bolt gun by the way.
I was going to say whose barrel are you using in semi auto because that would be crushing it šŸ˜ . Thanks for the clarification.

What's your altitude?

Chronograph or dope?

I have a 18" PVA Rock Creek and my Magnetospeed V2 shows 2658fps with Berger 130gr Hybrid factory ammo; same barrel gets 2585fps from 140gr ELD-M factory ammo.

my 20ā€ PVA rock creek with sico omega was getting around 2600 FPS with factory ELD-M

I was going to say whose barrel are you using in semi auto because that would be crushing it šŸ˜ . Thanks for the clarification.

What's your altitude?
Sorry for the confusion ā€“ only now realized I was chatting in a semi-auto forum. Altitude is right around 800ft

New 18" X-Cal barrel, 2623 fps with Berger 140 hybrids...magnetospeed sporter

Still supersonic to 1200 yards...

Results from my 20ā€ gap Bartlein 8 twist 6.5 creed

34C091EA-CD7B-48F9-A456-008EB15B466A.jpeg
7CBBED8D-B1B7-4B7C-98DA-D2529E42CC55.jpeg