• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: 20 deg base

You're right. I should probably mention my scope is a MKIV 4.5-16X50. Should have 50moa up and down.

Yes you will be able to zero at 100 yards without a problem with that scope.

Rob01 is correct. You'll get a zero at a 100 but the big advantage is you'll get out farther with scope adjustments rather than holds.

I would trust what they say about that scope however this isnt always true with all scopes. I had a 20moa extendariser on my 308ar with a bushnell 3200 tactical on it. I was not able to zero at 100m with it. I was shy about 3 or 4 moa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would trust what they say about that scope however this isnt always true with all scopes. I had a 20moa extendariser on my 308ar with a bushnell 3200 tactical on it. I was not able to zero at 100m with it. I was shy about 3 or 4 moa.</div></div>

Edited as the 3200 is not worth considering and has issues.:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would trust what they say about that scope however this isnt always true with all scopes. I had a 20moa extendariser on my 308ar with a bushnell 3200 tactical on it. I was not able to zero at 100m with it. I was shy about 3 or 4 moa.</div></div>

Never seen this to be the case, usually when this happens its because people put the base on backwards... any 308 and scope combination should zero at 100m with a 20MOA Cant.</div></div>

This does occasionally happen with the limited travel in the 3200 line. I had a savage that I couldn't get down to zero with a 20 moa base but on a rem 700 with the same scope I could, but just barely. Something about the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">36</span> 44 moa total travel makes it a gamble whether it will work for your rifle. Something to consider when making your scope purchase.

Sounds like an issue, I will have edit my post then... I don't think I have seen a 3200, at least not that I know of.

With 36 MOA travel what do they expect to accomplish ?

Sorry I glitched my memory. The 5-15 is what I ran on those rifles and it lists 50 moa but only had 44-45. I was thinking 40 and knew it was less, thats why I put 36. I'll adjust my post.

Also the 10x40 model has 80 adjustment and is still a nice entry model. I don't know which the other guy was running but that has been my experience. I still like them for 223 that doesnet need much adjustment range.

To the OP, yes you can retain a 100 yard zero with nearly every scope made for targt shooting.

That certainly depends on the model.

The 3200 fixed 10 power scope has about 83MOA of adjustment.
Each of the models is a different creature just like any other manufacturers lineup.

Then not zeroing at 100 sounds like a problem with the scope, because according to those numbers you should be able to zero with a 20MOA no problem... especially with a 308. Could be just a normal fuck up for that model, that screws people up...

But by definition with enough travel there should be no reason why not.

It is strange. Yet on my new nightforce that has the same adjustment range (nxs 12-42x56mm) I wanted to go shoot it first before I bought another base. With a zero of 100m on a 0moa base my zero is at the 30moa mark which leave me with only another 15 moa to go up with. So I have a 20moa base coming which should give me the zero I want and to go as far as I care to try.