• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 20 Elk hunting

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    Who is chasing this fall.
    We lucked out on the draw and get to go back to our old hunting area.
    Stick and string.
    Let the workout prep begin.

R

after getting skunked in nw colo first rifle public land solo my first two tries, this oct i'm doing a private land unguided hunt 2nd rifle above meeker. best of luck to all!

Reactions: Ghost1941
    Arizona Rifle. Lot of work to do to handle the 7k to 10k altitudes. Not getting any younger but it is worth it.

Best of luck on your hunt!

Who is chasing this fall.
    We lucked out on the draw and get to go back to our old hunting area.
    Stick and string.
    Let the workout prep begin.

R
    Chasing every fall baby!
    General archery elk hunt in my home state and general MT elk hunt to get my long range fix.
    Congrats on your draw, what state?

Some of you guys have to work a lot harder then others. Living in paradise has its perks, but this isn't my house. It's just one I drive by on my way to get supplies.

But yes, ill be hunting W. Wa.

20200427_135444.jpg

Reactions: Ghost1941
    I haven't applied for anything instate or out. Sure would love to fill the freezer with a tender elk. However, I'm unsure of my status/ability prognosis as I'm on the early mend from a ruptured Achilles surgery. I may just take the points option this year, and prepare to hopefully get drawn in 2021. Congrats on getting drawn. As far as I'm concerned, ANY elk is a trophy to be appreciated.

Waiting for Ky draw results, cow elk in Wyoming in September, and hopefully if I get drawn 2021 bull elk in Wyoming

I hunt every year with my bow for a big bull, then get a cow for the freezer when I don't get a bull. I have gotten pretty picky for bulls, I let the vast majority of them walk. I am lucky and have gotten an elk every year for the last 20 years. I love to process the meat, and I just like being in the elk woods.

Reactions: Faronth