• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 MOA Badger Base on GA AR-10? Horus H-25? 175 Gr

Shibumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2004
Las Vegas
I just got a GA AR-10, which shoots .5 MOA! Great gun, however there is not a 20MOA base on it. My bolt gun as a 20MOA Badger base and rings, and will out to 1K.
I am also using a Horus H-25 with 175gr ammo, and have all the dope worked out.
Will I need a 20MOA base on the GA to mirror the same dope I am using with the bolt, if I use the same round, and H-25 reticle?
Not a big deal to get a base, but just wondered. Please advise.
Thanks in advance!

Re: 20 MOA Badger Base on GA AR-10? Horus H-25? 175 Gr

badger ar riser rail! 22moa built in, or a larue lt158 which has 10 moa built in

.......yah.......what he said......
whistle.gif

Phil.....
The Badger Riser will do what you need to do, but the load that you plan on using in the gasser will shoot a little slower than the bolt gun load due to the gas bleeding off and the bolt opening before the projectile has left the barrel.

Larue also makes the 112 mount, which is the same as the 111 but with 20moa built in.

You have to call them about it. I have one and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue also makes the 112 mount, which is the same as the 111 but with 20moa built in.

You have to call them about it. I have one and love it. </div></div>

whats the part number??

Let me look it up.

EDIT: I couldn't find the number, but when I ordered it all I had to do was ask if they had any 20moa mounting options. The lady was really nice on the phone, can't recall her name.

GG&G also make the GS-1 which is a 20moa base for ARs.

Thanks to all for the leads.
Deadly,
Had not thought of that. Excellent point! With that in mind, and the fact I will have to acquire all new dope, is it even necessary to add a 20MOA riser, if I simply use the Horus H-25 grid. For 1k with my Remington with a riser, I have to hold on line 11. I am logically extrapulating that it may add a few more holds, but should be doable.
Thought?

Ever looked at the Zeiss Conquest with the Rapid Z-1000 reticle?
Not cluttered like the Horus, simple windage lines to use. Really a well thought out scope reticle. I use it on my semi-auto .308 for two reasons:
1. No 20 MOA rail so I can mount the scope nice and low for a good cheekweld.
2. Simple & fast reticle to use.

CIMG1781.jpg

Phil,
Id still get the Badger riser with the MOA built in. If anything it would help, would suck to go out to get dope and realize you need that extra 20 MOA. My take on canted bases is like my take on condoms.

Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

Deadly,
Very true on analogy, however it is extra funds that dont exist at this time. If I can be fine without it, great, if not then it makes sense to buy it.
Getting married shrinks the Single Guy budget to very little, but then again so does growing up and being responsible.
Thanks for the info!

Phil

Phil,
I agree whole heartedly....in my case the funds had to get split between single guy gun fund to married couple gun fund
laugh.gif
Here is what the wife "had" to have.

P5140543.jpg

In any case the 20 MOA riser shouldnt be needed. But i do not know that much about the Horus Reticles, so i dont know how many mils of holdover it has. I would think though if it had 12-15 mils on the "under" side of the reticle then you should be good.

Deadly,

Nice rifle! My wife likes any gun which is pink and goes bang..