• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 20 MOA base, rings for Savage LRH

RFtinkerer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
I've ordered my first high power rifle, a Savage LRH 300 WM, and Vortex PST 6-24x50 for good measure after some research, but I haven't done much research for a base and rings for the scope. Do you guys have a good recommendation for what brand to get for the base and rings? I see in a sticky thread that low rings are good for 50 mm objectives, but I'd like to double check that. Can I get by with low rings with the base, or do I need the medium size to ensure I clear the barrel?

Re: 20 MOA base, rings for Savage LRH

Go to Murphy Precision. They sell some awesome bases and rings for the Savage. You can ask Cameron. Every manufacturer makes the height of their "low", "medium" and "high" rings differently.

Ah, they decided to go on vacation until the 18th.
frown.gif

Im in the same boat as you. If manufacturers gave base hights I could figure it out...but they don't. So Im going to buy my rail and both low and medium rings. Ill send back the ones I don't use. Sucks that I have to tie up an extra $140 bucks but what can you do?

What brand? From my looking around most people say any name brand will suit you. Seekins,badger, ken ferral, etc

You can find the measurements if you look hard enough. SWFA has a lot of them listed on their website. I know they have em for Burris, Seekins, Vortex, Badger and a couple others. The rest Google can provide. Just went through this process a couple days ago when trying to find an exact ring height for my new rig.

Here are some facts that I know for sure since I recently checked clearance for my builds.

Zeiss Conquest 50mm bell (56mm overall) with Seekins 1" low rings (0.75") and Badger 20 MOA base will clear a varmint contour.

Leupold Mark 4 50mm bell (58.42mm overall) with Badger 30mm standard rings (0.823") and Badger 20 MOA base will clear a varmint contour.