• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 MOA Mount higher than 1.54”???

jrbet83

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2009
Pasco, Washington
Im pretty sure I know the answer because I’ve looked and looked, with no luck. But looking for a 20 MOA scope mount with a height taller than 1.54” for an AR set-up.

Maybe the Burris Signature XTR rings, their tallest ones. Their offset inserts allow you to actually vary the amount of MOAs and even allow for any offset windage compensation too if needed. In fact they will allow you to optically center your scope to your rifle. Best of all they will never leave any mark or blemish on your scope tube as though you're scope had never been mounted before and never require any lapping and have a lifetime warranty. Typically $70-$80 maybe less when you price shop.

Check out the American Defense Mfg Delta series mounts. They have heights of 1.5”, 1.7”, and 1.9”, 0 and 20 MOA versions, and plenty of other options like cantilever, no cantilever, QD and cross-bolt options.

Just checked. They may not have 20 MOA options taller than 1.5”. But I guess you could always email them and see if there’s anything planned?

Last edited:
Reactions: simonp
Just curious on what you are using this for..?

If you don't need it far forward, there's this

As another option, what about a 2-part solution? Find some kind of riser or swan rail to get your 20MOA then a normal pair of rings for the rest of the height?

Reactions: carbonbased
As another option, what about a 2-part solution? Find some kind of riser or swan rail to get your 20MOA then a normal pair of rings for the rest of the height?
That was the only thing I could think of considering the Seekins mount likely won’t have enough eye relief on a small frame.

You're going to get a lot of help!
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers. I asked I very specific question, looking for a very specific answer. If you can help, great. If you can’t, that’s fine too. But not interested in getting in a conversation about how 1.54” is “standard” height. Or why I don’t need anything higher that. If I asked for an opinion or advice, that would be different….I didn’t. Having said that, thanks to the productive contributors (xtr rings, Seekins mount or 20moa riser…oh and adm advice). But looks like what I want, isn’t made.

I will say for others in my situation, Steiner’s mount is listed as 1.6”. Not ground breaking taller…but it’s something.

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers. I asked I very specific question, looking for a very specific answer. If you can help, great. If you can’t, that’s fine too. But not interested in getting in a conversation about how 1.54” is “standard” height. Or why I don’t need anything higher that. If I asked for an opinion or advice, that would be different….I didn’t. Having said that, thanks to the productive contributors (xtr rings, Seekins mount or 20moa riser…oh and adm advice). But looks like what I want, isn’t made.

I will say for others in my situation, Steiner’s mount is listed as 1.6”. Not ground breaking taller…but it’s something.
I didn't ask a stupid question. I was geniously curious about the use case. If you wanted to be Mr. Top Secret, you could have said "Id rather not say." Instead you wanted to be "cute." Mission accomplished.

I didn't ask a stupid question. I was geniously curious about the use case. If you wanted to be Mr. Top Secret, you could have said "Id rather not say." Instead you wanted to be "cute." Mission accomplished.

When I needed some extra height so the alien tech in my Predator goggles would line up with my short wave infrared prism scope I stuck with traditional rings mounted on one of these:

-Stan

I hesitate to wade in as the OP seems…spicy.

But I found a 1.85” high mount for 34mm tubes here:

Kicker is that it’s an adjustable MOA base. Not sure if that’s tough enough for whatever you’re doing with that AR.

Just found a 1.89” high 30mm non-adjustable 20MOA mount. Has QR levers:

I’d check EraTac’s website or catalog if I were you. Eurooptic may not carry all of their stuff.

The other place I’d check is Optics-Trade.eu and use their filters. That’s how I found what I did at Eurooptic.