• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20 moa picatinny rail for Anschutz

Re: 20 moa picatinny rail for Anschutz

USO makes a CZ model, and if its for the Varmint it will have the same dovetail dimensions as your Annie.

Me, I use BKL's on my Annies, and a Super Sniper with plenty of elevation travel.

What kind of tactical shooting is he planning to do with his 64R?

If the dovetail rail is 11mm or 3/8" you can think about bypassing the need for a 20MOA rail by :

1. Sourcing a 11mm (or 3/8") to Weaver Adaptor (eg. cz452.com, rimfiretechnologies.com, call CZ-USA part 14008 or 14009, BKL etc)

2. Using Burris Signature Zee Rings

Mount and Scope Rings costs the same as just buying the USO rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xeyed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mount and Scope Rings costs the same as just buying the USO rail. </div></div>

Yeah, but not as many cool points at the rimfire tacticool match
wink.gif

I still need to inlet an accessory rail in my 64MSR for a bipod, until then I'll use the 10/22.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sc0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of tactical shooting is he planning to do with his 64R? </div></div>

Check the rimfire forum for precision rimfire matches, they're a blast!

if you look at 6mm benchrest forum and diferent tactical shoot they all say what comes close to the perfect rifle for tactical is the anschutz 64r biathlon.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sc0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of tactical shooting is he planning to do with his 64R? </div></div>
if you lood at the 6mm benchrest forum and other similar they all say that the anschuts 64r come close to being the perfect rifle for the sport of tactical shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xeyed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the dovetail rail is 11mm or 3/8" you can think about bypassing the need for a 20MOA rail by :

1. Sourcing a 11mm (or 3/8") to Weaver Adaptor (eg. cz452.com, rimfiretechnologies.com, call CZ-USA part 14008 or 14009, BKL etc)

2. Using Burris Signature Zee Rings

Mo
unt and Scope Rings costs the same as just buying the USO rail. </div></div>will take that in consideration thanks....

Accuracy International scope mount will slide right on. They offer various moa built in the mount. Line-bored never mar your scope.

criver, I was looking for a mounting system for my 64MPR and ironically have an AI single piece mount at work, does anyone know where I can get spacers to drop from 34mm to 30mm with this mount?

Did you ever get the AI mount to work on your Anschutz? Thanks.

Here is a pic of my Weaver T-36 on the HotRodd9mm rail with 20 MOA built in on my MPR 64. Notice that there is plenty of adjustment range left if needed. The rail comes with stainless hex screws and uses existing holes. I use Burris quick relese medium rings. It is rock solid. There is a code(RFC-2) that might still work to save 15%. Regards
CIMG1071.jpg

i know this is an old thread, but just wanted to say I LOVE U GUYS! cause i've been looking for a base like this for nearly 2 years lol. Australian gunsmiths are unfortunately not very talented, to the point i question their IQ..
smile.gif

I went on the rimfire tech site and there is no mention of the rail for anschutz's. I need one for my Match 64 action. 30 MOA would be preferable
smile.gif

Not sure which one suits your needs, but DIP has several to choose from in 20 MOA for your Annie.

Top Predetor - Do those Talley one peice ring/base sets come in 20MOA or just 0MOA??

I dont wnat to raise my scope up too high, only gotta 40mm objective. The DIP rails and alike look like they will raise it a fair bit. Would I get most useable adjustment from the Burris Signature Zee rings??

don't know about the talley's, you'ld have to contact them, but just by looking at the catalog, i have to assume they are 0 moa. if you do contact them, perhaps they can mill a taper in it for you.

haven't used the burris moa rings either, i have used regular zee rings, they are of a quality ring and are quite solid. the inserts come in a kit that has three sizes, so it may allow you a bit more flexibility as far as getting the height of the receiver the way you want it.
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Burris_1_Signature_Zee_Ring_Pos_Align_Offset_Inse_p/bur626019.htm
looks like they come in medium or high height. you'll have to do some searching to see how low medium is or how high the high are and if you'll have not enough clearance / too much height with either.

all i've used so far is EGW and DIP bases,

I emailed EGW to see if any of there bases would fit the Match 64 action. See what they say. I may just get the Burris Signature Zee ringsa and try them out. A few guys here in aussie have recommended them to me as the best alternative.