• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

20 moa Rail Question

Blaktastic

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Well I recently put a egw 20 moa rail on one of my rifles and put some seekins rings on as well. The problem is that I actually didn't gain anything close to 20 moa in the elevation turret of my scope...if any at all. Before I added the rail I could dial a ways past 30 moa (30 was the most I ever attempted) and now I max out at a lowsy 34 moa. Is there anything that could have caused this? I feel like a retard asking this but I'm just really confused at how this could have happend.

Re: 20 moa Rail Question

Just to be clear you mean MOA up from zero and not total MOA of adj right?
Look at the rail from the side, it should be noticeably angled down towards the bore/muzzle. Check with a long straight edge if you can't see it. So long as it has that angle the rail is fine. If it doesn't, make sure its not on backwards, if that's possible I don't know. Make sure it fits the receiver, loosen one end, does it lift off the receiver? tighten back down and check the other end. If either end lifts it needs to be bedded.
Make sure your rings match dimensionally. Make sure they are not somehow impeaded from seating properly on the rail. Check the scope for damage, visually and for loss of total adjustment range