• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

200 Gr Hybrids 300 PRC load tips experience ?

tstanek

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2021
Czech republic
Hi there,
could you possibly comment/advise, or give any ideas about 300PRC 200 Gr Hybrid load? I have Bergara HMR 26' barrel. Lapua brass, Fed. LRM primers, RS76 powder (approx. analogue of H1000). Got these bullets cause Berger bullets in Czechia (meaning 6,5 and 7,62 mm) basically don't exist, and possible availability isn't in near future as I speak with ppl here. I know 215 Gr are like golden standard, but I don't feel any particular issues beforehand.
Thanks!

Here's how the "generic" numbers run in QuickLoad for the Berger 200.20x and H1000 ... so it looks reasonable from a load, charge, and velocity standpoint. No idea how it would group or perform at distance. Hope this helps. If it was me ... I'd start at 80gr and work up in .2gr increments to look for the first velocity flat spot that didn't show any pressure signs. Hope this helps ...

1638550833804.png

Reactions: tstanek
Here's how the "generic" numbers run in QuickLoad for the Berger 200.20x and H1000 ... so it looks reasonable from a load, charge, and velocity standpoint. No idea how it would group or perform at distance. Hope this helps. If it was me ... I'd start at 80gr and work up in .2gr increments to look for the first velocity flat spot that didn't show any pressure signs. Hope this helps ...

View attachment 7752925
Thanks for the info, this helps a lot