• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$200 Shotgun.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    A buddy had never owned a gun so as partial payment for some plumbing he did for me I gave him one of theses Mossberg Maverick 88's. He was a bit nervous about hsi first gun so I took him out to the range and started him with bird shot. When he aw what 00 buckshot did to an old TV I swear his eyes got big, he got a woody and was forever hooked. Worked him through several handguns starting with a .22 up to my 45ACP and some rifles. He now looks forward to shooting.

The point of this is, though, this Mossberg, for $200 is a great, inexpensive, home defense or use and discard weapon. The guys in the video ran 505 rounds through it in 1 hour 20 minutes without a failure to feed.

Good for you getting a non shooter involved in shooting. The Maverick 88 in not sexy cool guy gun, but it will protect and feed you and your family if necessary.

Reactions: BurtG and Maggot
    I have an 88 that has been abused since the 90’s. Killed a LOT of meals with it and still use it to this day. It’s been a paddle for a canoe a couple of times when the chips were down. Functioned flawlessly afterward for the rest of the hunts. Not sexy, really kinda ugly, but a damn reliable shotgun. I really don’t know that I need much else in terms of making meat with a shotty. Better or cooler? Sure, but that’s for others to care about. Mine is straight up a tool.

It’s used quite a bit in Africa by police for security.

That humble $200 shotgun in the right hands could have saved the lives of all of those students at the dorm of the U. of Idaho who were murdered by Bryan Kohberger. Even an ancient single shot from a Sears catalog of the 1940s and sitting in a closet, well maintained and loaded, would have eliminated that POS if used correctly and competently.

Reactions: 101st and DIBBS
    That humble $200 shotgun in the right hands could have saved the lives of all of those students at the dorm of the U. of Idaho who were murdered by Bryan Kohberger. Even an ancient single shot from a Sears catalog of the 1940s and sitting in a closet, well maintained and loaded, would have eliminated that POS if used correctly and competently.
    00 buckshot doesnt forgive.

I suspect "range" is used as a generic term.
    There is a spot just outside of town that is used for illegal dumping. Refrigerators TVs all kinds of shit to shoot. Fucking retards! About twice a year blm cleans it up. Two days later, same shit.

There is a spot just outside of town that is used for illegal dumping. Refrigerators TVs all kinds of shit to shoot. Fucking retards! About twice a year blm cleans it up. Two days later, same shit.

Like every other town on the world. Shooting rats at the dump was great sport back in the day.

Reactions: Maggot and Jscb1b
    At least Black Lives Matter is doing something worth while........

Just incase ;)

He puts shotguns through some torture, not all of them pass. My beater is a Rock Island, and again claw hammer reliiable

Thank you for this. I just decided what I am going to get my brother for his birthday or Christmas.
    His birthday is just before christmas, so gun for birthday and then some buckshot, slus and birdshot for Christmas.

Thanks for costing me money! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot