• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2000 MR and 200 SGK in .308

esorensen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Broomfield, CO
Anyone try this yet? I've shot the 190 SMKs with 46.5 gr and it shoots lights out. I bought a box of the 200 Game kings just for fun. I might go out monday and shoot from around 44 to 47 gr if no one pipes in. My AR10T just loves anything Sierra. It looks like the 190 MK and the 200 GK are made on the same jacket, or very nearly so.

Re: 2000 MR and 200 SGK in .308

I"m kinda thinking of taking the AR10 hunting this year. I've done it before, but this year it'll be a little more special. The rifle belonged to my brother in law. it was his duty sniper rifle. He wanted to buy an AI, so he sold the AR to me. He ended up dying in a plane crash in August, looking for hidden grows up in the mountains. I'll be taking his 10 year old son hunting. I think he will think that it'll be cool to shoot something with his dads rifle... I put the original scope back on it when I bought it from him. It is a Burris short mag 2-7X with a ballistic plex. I zeroed it at 100 with my dynamite 168 SMK load, ran the dope thru my iPhone, and found the reticle is spot on. I found a fist sized rock at 497, and drilled it using the reticle.

on that note, I KNOW it will work very well indeed. I was just seeing if someone had a load already worked up.

I know you are talking about SGK's but I was using 47gn with 200 berger hybrids, very accurate and ~2725-50fps w/30" barrel. Again probably not useful info to you as I am sure the bearing surfaces are less with the bergers.
No pressure signs until I let the ammo sit in the sun on a hot day. Fed primers btw.

I know MR2000 and CFE223 are same powder. I just posted a thread about some of my loads with CFE223. Check it out.

I stopped my load work up with the 190s at 47.0. There were no pressure signs, but 46.5 shot the same hole so I stopped there. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to duplicate similar performance with the 200 GameKing.