• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2000 MR - what primer?

A rule I learned years ago was, extruded powders get standard primers
Ball(spherical) powders get magnum primers.

According to Speer manuals

I have found no difference in the ES, SD or Velocity between the BR2 and standard CCI200 so I no longer spend the extra money. I have been using the CCI200 under 47g of 2000MR with the 175g SMK or 178 Amax. Either Lapua or Lake City brass. They run 2830 out of my 26" barrel with an SD of 12. Forster Benchrest FL size die and micro seater. Love Power Pro!

FYI, I was getting 4-SD 10-ES with 178 hpbt, 46.8grs 2000mr and 210m primers.

Thats a 10 shot avg

I've done ALOT of chronographing with the same load charges, bullets, brass, COAL, ect. and have found the BR2 yields lower (in most cases, not all) extreme spreads with stick and ball powders in a .308. This is compared to the 210m. Your also going to see anywhere from a 15 to 25 fps increase in velocity using the 210m compared to a br2. Now this isn't empirical evidence or anything just my experience. For my loads I know I'll be shooting while hunting in cold weather I stick to the 210m because the ignition seems to be a little better with ball powders. (2000 mr). But for specific long range target shooting where ES is a very important factor I test them both not only for accuracy, but more specifically which is going to give me single digits Es.
Just my thoughts. AS