• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2000MR + 308 + 155 SMK Palma

Boogie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2012
Louisiana
Anybody loading this combo? I have a jug of 2000mr sitting around and I just got in some 155s and thought I'd save my Varget for other loads. Sure would appreciate some load info to get me started.

Id start with 46 gr of powder and work up from there. With the 175s I was able to get into the 48gr range without too much issue, so I bet the 155s should be able to get to 50+ gr.

I was able to push 155 scenars to 3010 FPS out of a 24in barrel with minimal pressure signs. That was around 51gr if my memory serves me right. I didn't feel it was necessary to go any faster than that. Definitely don't start there, that was on the verge of being too hot.

lte82 gave you good advice...start at 46 and work up from there.

I'm shooting military brass with the 155's. There's not a lot of room left when I get 48.5gr in it but in my Palma rifle, goes about 2990fps. Very accurate, no pressure in the cooler months. When it's warmer, I drop it back to 48.3gr for the same velocities.

Thanks for the info.

1Inbrdg where at in La? By warmer do you mean when it gets 98 degrees with 90% humidity?