• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2009 SCPRC Match Results

NorCal Vu

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2004
Sacramento Area
Just wanted to post this up before crashin.

1st Dan Gilland (USMC) Dan kicked ass...period. Congrats to Dan for a job well done.
<span style="font-weight: bold">2nd Jason Boak (NCPPRC) Jason shot strong all weekend. Congrats bro!</span>
3rd Gordon Campfield
<span style="font-weight: bold">4th Dennis Lorenzo (NCPPRC) D-Lo did his thing and came strong for his first away from home match.</span>
5th Randall Roush
<span style="font-weight: bold">6th David Skit (NCPPRC) Won the 22 Rimfire match!</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">7th Mark Soulie (NCPPRC) made a strong come back from his death bed on Friday night. Not too bad for a guy saying "it's over guys...."</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">8th Jacob Denny (NCPPRC) Hit both CBS..</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">9th Nick Young (NCPPRC)</span>
10th Brandon Mcgaffey
11th Don Augustine
<span style="font-weight: bold">12th David Kerley (NCPPRC) Took home best long range shot. 20" 308 with factory 168s. David also took home the fastest 200yard Stage Trophy.</span>
13th Kurt Stone *the old man got me again*
14th Cody Baldwin
15th Ryan Kerr
<span style="font-weight: bold">16thVu Pham (NCPPRC) Failed. Missed both CBS.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">17th Todd Powers (NCPPRC) No one wants to shoot next to Todd anymore, the 7BAT rocks your world. In a kneeling only stage @ 250yards Todd got 97 out of 100 pts possilbe with 10 rounds. Best score on this stage I believe. Todd ate the same thing Marc ate...</span>
18th Robert B
<span style="font-weight: bold">19th Greg Wahlmeir (NCPPRC) 2 missed CBS and a missed steel shot on a HUGE stage was costly.</span>
20th Brad Bolves

Jason Lu won the Fastest 300yard Stage. 5 rounds as fast as you can on 5 seperate 6" bulls.

6 out of the top 10...NOR CAL SHOOTERS!
10 out of the top 20...NOR CAL SHOOTERS!

Out of 9 possible trophies...Nor Cal took home 5 of them!

AAR and details to follow...must sleep.

Re: 2009 SCPRC Match Results

That was pretty fun.
You Nor Cal guys did pretty good.
Congrats to Dan. Great job

I shot horribly but had a good time with a great bunch of guys. The new Premier performed flawlessly. The guy behind it...not so much.

4 points Vu...it will haunt you! LOL.

I just wanted to post up that I beat all the norcal shooters except Jason and Dennis.
Good shooting guys.

Now for the rest of you guys, are you going to let a $500 rifle 308 shooting handicapped so-cal shooter beat you all?
Beat by a handicapped guy, damn...

Randall

enough of the he said/she said..........
laugh.gif

Get us a AAR (with photos) so I can cry about what I missed.

AAR to come...pics to come.....

Kurt..you shot great....signature will change shortly old man!

Us nor cal guys never want to travel without bringing or buddies from the south a lil somthing somthing.....lol

CIMG1185.jpg

CIMG1182.jpg

CIMG1183.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just wanted to post up that I beat all the norcal shooters except Jason and Dennis.
</div></div>

Ummm...what about that 22 match Randall??????
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-SKIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just wanted to post up that I beat all the norcal shooters except Jason and Dennis.
</div></div>

Ummm...what about that 22 match Randall??????
grin.gif

</div></div>

Yeah Skit shot strong and he doesnt even shoot 22 matches......

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QSBwZRhES0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QSBwZRhES0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

We are waiting..........

CIMG1167.jpg

Cody had the right idea.....

CIMG1174.jpg

CIMG1179.jpg

David Kerley with Tac Ready..

CIMG1158.jpg

CIMG1154.jpg

CIMG1153.jpg

Mike Cecil with CSGunworks.
CIMG1149.jpg

John K. with Sierra Arms.
CIMG1154.jpg

One of 3 NCPPRC squads. LOL
CIMG1145.jpg

CIMG1189.jpg

thanks for the parking spot VU! had a great time shooting with all of guys not shooting up to par but I will start training a lot more soon. as for DAN GILLAND my hats off buddy if I could haved picked a winner USMC guy was it.thanks for your service and keep up the hard work.
MARK and crew good job I know it not easy!! under statement
see ya soon on the next shoot.
P.S mike can you look for some cz mags for me.
THANK JOHN ROSE ( TONY) hope thats one of your men,

Props to Dan Gilland USMC!! and if I'm not mistaken...

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">HE DID IT WITH A .308</span>!</span>

ooo-rah!

Props to M.45 for the call out of the weekend.

"Shoot your gun like a man!"

That was classic. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-SKIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...what about that 22 match Randall??????
grin.gif
</div></div>

I reject your reality and substitute my own where I did not re-work my gun a week before the match.
It won't happen again.
Good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to post up that I beat all the norcal shooters except Jason and Dennis.
Good shooting guys.

Now for the rest of you guys, are you going to let a $500 rifle 308 shooting handicapped so-cal shooter beat you all?
Beat by a handicapped guy, damn...

Randall
</div></div>

It's all good Randall. Next year I won't spot you those 100pts on CBSs...going to eat my wheaties.

I was hoping for a stronger showing from So Cal....sad to see out of towners come in and dominate over all.

Better train up the guys in that club of yours bud....one day we might have to worry =)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-SKIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...what about that 22 match Randall??????
grin.gif
</div></div>

I reject your reality and substitute my own where I did not re-work my gun a week before the match.
It won't happen again.
Good shooting. </div></div>

=) Might wanna work on clearing those malfunctions...those cost ya. Ryan was pretty handy at it..hit him up for tips. LOL

Speaking of wheaties, I think Team Norcal is going put that box down range and buck it down all at once... since we don't need wheaties to bring the pain to an out of town range !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-SKIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...what about that 22 match Randall??????
grin.gif
</div></div>

It won't happen again.
Good shooting. </div></div>

No one claimed you were smart bud. =) LOL

I doubt it was the gun being apart....might of been the fact that he cleaned 9 out of 10 in the mover stage =)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It won't happen again. </div></div>

You're probably right since this was my first and probably my last 22 match I'll likely find myself in.
wink.gif

Anyone need 2500 rounds of 22lr?
grin.gif

Congratulations Dan!!!

Hey Hiders,

Guess who's "yet to be released" 35mm FFP scope Dan was shooting with??

Begins with a V and ends with a X.

The scope has already won a match before it even hits the market, LOL.

Great stuff.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D-SKIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It won't happen again. </div></div>

You're probably right since this was my first and probably my last 22 match I'll likely find myself in.
wink.gif

Anyone need 2500 rounds of 22lr?
grin.gif

</div></div>

LOL. Maybe..I dunno if that stuff will chamber in my 22.

I also wanted to thank Tony Burkes/TAB Gear and RO for getting a few pieces of TAB kit out to our club shooters in a hurry.

There were a lot of TAB slings, rifle covers and shooting mats online at this event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations Dan!!!

Hey Hiders,

Guess who's "yet to be released" 35mm FFP scope Dan was shooting with??

Begins with a V and ends with a X.

The scope has already won a match before it even hits the market, LOL.

Great stuff.

Scott </div></div>

ahhhhh don't do that to us! Any word on a release date?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2156SMK said:
I doubt it was the gun being apart....might of been the fact that he cleaned 9 out of 10 in the mover stage =) </div></div>

It was 100% the gun being apart.

10-22threads.jpg

I threaded the action for the barrel, cut off 2" from the REAR of the barrel, threaded the barrel to fit the action and re-chambered it.
Ask Ryan how reliable the gun was before I re-worked it.
I probably would have cleaned the mover if the gun had not jammed.
Besides, I only would have needed 3 mover hits to win.

We expect all these excuses Randall, one day maybe you will man up and blame the shooter.

Congrats to Dan Gilland....some great marksmanship from a young Marine......and all you Marines and other RO's that ran the pit service and target re-set....it was the best....your hard work made the tempo of the match flow better than it has ever been.

The addition of steel this year moved things along and was challenging as you must have thought out how to be accurate with hold off's....no knob twisting here....

you Norcal guys are doing something right.....prolly the TAB gear

many thanks to Adam B. and Randall and Wes and Marc.....for putting up with me....it was a long trip from Texas on a buddie pass.....and the gun actually made it....intact!

UKDslayer provided the sunscreen that was needed and used,

Vu....post the picture of the shemagh crowd....it was a dusty one .

Scott,

I didn't get one this year! I know there was a big shemag crowd this year with 100 degrees and dust though.

Yes and thank you UKDSlayer for providing the sun screen...a much needed item down there.

As always..Scott provided some much needed entertainment when he said "eh guys wanna watch me piss off the match director" LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2156SMK said:
I doubt it was the gun being apart....might of been the fact that he cleaned 9 out of 10 in the mover stage =) </div></div>

It was 100% the gun being apart.

I threaded the action for the barrel, cut off 2" from the REAR of the barrel, threaded the barrel to fit the action and re-chambered it.
Ask Ryan how reliable the gun was before I re-worked it.
I probably would have cleaned the mover if the gun had not jammed.
Besides, I only would have needed 3 mover hits to win. </div></div>

That is like saying...well I probably would of won the match if I didn't miss those targets. Come on man...give it up to Mr. Skit for beating you hands down. 3 hits or half a hit....a win is a win.

However I will add the phrase "my gun was apart" to book of Randall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grandslam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We expect all these excuses Randall, one day maybe you will man up and blame the shooter. </div></div>

I blame the gunsmith, which just happens to be the same guy as the shooter...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on man...give it up to Mr. Skit for beating you hands down.
3 hits or half a hit....a win is a win.</div></div>

Oh, I'm with you on that.
He won it fair and square.
I learned my lesson (again) on tinkering with a gun before a match...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However I will add the phrase "my gun was apart" to book of Randall. </div></div>

You really shoud write the book of randall.
I'd buy a copy just to see some of the stupid things I have said...