• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

200gr SMK

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    Has anybody loaded the 200gr MK in a .308. I would like to develop a SS load. I've read the theads discussing 180gr SP bullets but haven't found anything for the 200mk.

Keithr41

Re: 200gr SMK

It is. I was thinking the same thing. Guess I'll go with something else.

ATLroach what are the specs on your gun, i have been thinking about trying some subs in my 308, its a 21 inch LW barrel 10 twist. what kind of groups are you getting with your combo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 1:12 will run a 190 SMK very well. Push to about 2625 fps. Would not go higher than that. </div></div>
    We're talking subsonics. Otherwise, the 1:12 will run the 190's at normal speeds fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast freddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ATLroach what are the specs on your gun, i have been thinking about trying some subs in my 308, its a 21 inch LW barrel 10 twist. what kind of groups are you getting with your combo? </div></div>

24" LW Barrel. I'm getting .96" at 100yds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 1:12 will run a 190 SMK very well. Push to about 2625 fps. Would not go higher than that. </div></div>
    We're talking subsonics. Otherwise, the 1:12 will run the 190's at normal speeds fine. </div></div>

Oops, my bad... I caught it now!