• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2010 Antelope

barnes12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Took this antelope yesterday while hunting in NW New Mexico with a group of guys, several of which were with theTroops First Foundation. There were 8 of us total and it was really great to get to hunt with those guys. We ended up filling all eight tags yesterday before 2pm. Took mine with my GAP 243 with one shot at 431 yards. I have some really good pics of all of us at the end of the day with all eight lopes laid out but I don't know if they would want their photo up.

IMG_2818.jpg

Re: 2010 Antelope

Good job on a very nice Buck 'lope. Always liked those Heart Shaped Horns

Great looking goat we took 4 saturday at Tucumcari, 2 about 12 inches and 2 about 14 1/2. My shot was only 220 yards and the longest was 275, but it was a blast.I took mine with my SAC 260 and a 139 scenar.

Thanks for good words guys. The antelope were pretty skittish especially after we started shooting. I could not get any closer than the 430 yards, had him at 500+ several time before closing in on foot. One of the wounded guys took one with a friends 408 Cheytac M200 at 550 yards, but most were taken in the 300-400 yard range. Anyway it was great to get to hunt and spend some time with those guys and a weekend I will not soon forget. BTW the 408 really did a number on the lope.

Nice 'lope and neat rifle. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

He's a nice one!

Hopefully I'll get to fill at least one tag next week. It's going to be tricky as I'm using a stick and string firing a pointy stick.

You are killing me. I had to drop out of the draw, due to injury. The area that I put in for had a 100% draw rate. I'm dying to get to WY to hunt. Maybe next year.

Nice lope...Been trying to get drawn for the past 8yrs out of Az. Got drawn for my first Elk hunt...only took 5 yrs!!!

Nice animal and great shooting, congrats. That's a beautiful 243 you got there also.
Thanks for posting pics too!

Alot of fun, we hunted near Ft Sumner this yr and saw some nice ones. My son shot a heavy horned deep curly buck. Yours is very nice.

Sweet kill Barnes! Just from browsing this forum, you guys are a hell of a shot.

Sounds like an all around blast. Plus you filled them tags and got some trophy's.

Well done sir!!!!

Chris