• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2010 Arkansas buck.

Ark. Trapper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
Aetna, Arkansas
Got this one last week. Just now getting around to posting. He was with a doe just like every other buck I've seen in the last 3 weeks has been. The 100 grain TTSX outta the 25/300WSM and thru both shoulders at 40 yards stood him on his nose!
Didn't have my good camera in the woods.
moto_00271.jpg

DSCN0771.jpg

Re: 2010 Arkansas buck.

Nice work. I've been watching for the rut to hit on the second full moon past the fall equinox for the past five years. It's always within the same week. The bucks here on Crowleys ridge and in Ravenden jumped sure nuff stupid last Sunday.

Re: 2010 Arkansas buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OKbow87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heck yeah! Nice buck buddy. How do you like that 25/300 wsm?</div></div>
Thanks Ok, I'm really happy with the rifle! I'm getting 3775fps out of the 100 gr bullets with 66grs of RL22. And it shoots em a little less than 1/2moa all the way out to 440 yards, which is as far as I've got to try it so far. That TTSX hit this buck running right around 3600fps and by looking at what was left of the near side shoulder you could tell it! There was blood under the hide nearly to the back of the ribs. Oh and btw you can loook at some better pics and the specs on my rifle in the field photography section in the Savage pics thread on page 10 I believe.