• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2010 F-Class Nationals - Sacramento

Re: 2010 F-Class Nationals - Sacramento

Gary Whaley did the formatting for our website.

Thanks. That range was fun to shoot at. The area is beautiful this time of the year with the grass and snow capped mountains off to the east.

Thanks for the results, very nice.

Did anyone survey the enterants in regards to manufacture of action, scope or caliber (open class) and compile any kind of data base?

Thanks

Congratulations Derek Rodgers, 2010 Open Class National Champion. Score High Gunsmithing thanks you for the privilege of building your winning rifle. We knew it was a real shooter when it came together but it took a champion like you to take to the Gold. Now it is on to the World Championships at Raton in 2013.

A list was compiled on www.usrifleteams.com of top open calibers, but keep in mind that what's printed on the brass is not always what was shot. I think most calibers have been sorted out for the top 15 or so.

Derek is an awesome shooter and friend.

Edit: Derek was using his own rifle, not his dad's.

Here is the data for the top 15 open positions:

1. 300 WSM
2. 284
3. 284 Shehane
4. 6.5 / 284
5. 6.5 / 284
6. 284
7. 284
8. 284
9. ?
10. 6.5 / 284 (I think)
11. 284 Shehane
12. 284 Shehane
13. 6.5 / 284
14. 7mm RSAUM
15. 284 Shehane

Thanks for the info usftr, I always find the trends with caliber choice to be interesting.

Thanks again!

Thanks Mudcat. Lane was on fire with those Sierra Palma bullets (2156). Those things are slick!

interesting 7mm are in at least 9 of the top 15 positions... I like it..
smile.gif

Ballard made the comment that he thought the 7mm gave him an advantage before. Now that a lot of others are using 7mm, he no longer has the advantage. I've been very impressed with all the 7mm loads.