• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2010 fundraiser for Sgt Eddie Ryan

WPG

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2002
USA
This is from Bill Lomeli (Hide member) and any questions or donations should be directed to him.
http://www.helpeddieryan.com/events.shtml

Dear Friends of Sgt. Ryan,

I am on the committee for the Black Rock Fish and Game Benefit for Sgt. Ryan. Please consider mentioning, posting at your local deli, club, etc and or adding the attached flyer to your newsletters, passing it on to friends, family and associates. This is THE big fundraiser for Sgt. Ryan this year and we hope to make it a good one to cover his expenses not covered by the VA. Fundraisers and support for Eddie via donations for shirts have really tapered off over the last year or two but the need for financial support is still there.

In addition to the event on Saturday May 22, 2010 we have a raffle for Eddie’s benefit and tickets are for sale now. I will always have tickets on me and would be glad to send them out to anyone interested in purchasing some. I only ask that you make checks payable to “Black Rock Fish and Game,” and in the memo section write “Sgt. Ryan Benefit,” mailed to my address below and please enclose a SASE for your ticket stubs. Please be sure to include your phone number in case you win.

Here is what we have for a raffle:

1st Prize Gold Necklace, Gold Bracelet, Gold Ring Donated by Barry's Estate Jewelry
2nd Prize 4 Tickets Notre Dame vs. Navy @ Meadowlands 10/23/2010
3rd Prize Premium Basket of Cheer
Drawing Held on May 22, 2010
Donation $1.oo ea. - 6 for $5.00
*Winner need not be present to be eligible

All funds will go through Black Rock and a check will be cut to Eddie after the event. ALL proceeds over minor costs go to Sgt. Ryan. We are all volunteers and nobody involved is getting paid or making any money on the event. So far we are very lucky with local merchants stepping up and donating food, wine, beer, etc.

A quick update on Eddie’s health, he is now unfortunately blind in his right eye from his injuries but his spirits remain high and he is still the dedicated, motivated Marine Scout Sniper we all know and love. He is now able to eat on his own and every time I see him he continues to improve. Your donations and support have made his quality of life better and have helped ease the financial burden put on his family because they choose to have Eddie live at home in dignity surrounded by those he loves rather than in a VA nursing home. For your support, love and prayers the Ryan family is forever grateful.

I will continue to help Sgt Ryan for as long as there is a need and I am able to do so. I know times are tough for many of us but please consider attending the benefit if you can, it is a great time for adults as well as kids and we have a lot of great things planned for the day as well as some great prizes to be raffled off. The pavilion is very large so this is a rain or shine event.

If you have any connections or contacts for donations or prizes for the raffle table please contact me privately.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact me as well. For admission tickets please contact any of the committee members listed on the flyer. We should have admission tickets in hand by the end of the week.

Thank you and Semper Fi,

William LoMeli

PO Box 246

Salisbury Mills, NY 12577
845-492-1023 cell
Please help a wounded Marine on his road to recovery.

www.helpeddieryan.com

Re: 2010 fundraiser for Sgt Eddie Ryan

Bump for the weekend.

Hey Walt thanks for posting this! I'll get some links posted regarding some recent News coverage of Eddie. A former Marine from Chicago is going to be Eddie's legs in the USMC Marathon in DC. He is going to push Eddie 26.2 miles!

The Marine's continue to impress me like no other brotherhood.

We are pretty much sold out on the raffle tickets which is totally awesome but we are still looking for some hunting/shooting prizes or anything for the raffle table.

Hope some of you guys can make it, gonna be a great family day. I'll upload the flyer to photobucket tonight and get it posted on this thread.

PS: The family are writing checks for $650 a week to cover the cost of a private trainer since the VA doesn't cover one and they also don't provide the approved 5 days of PT, OT and speech. It's been said because Sgt. Ryan lives to far away from the VA center. Funny when Eddie was being sent to Iraq he didn't say he couldn't go because it was too far from home.

Wow, what a story. That's one damn tough Marine.

I have a bit of a schedule conflict, but will try my damndest to get to the benefit as it's not terribly far from me.

Fritz I'm in OC as well, you should join the club, it has a decent 200 yard rifle range. Shoot me a PM and if you make it visit me at the T-shirt table.

You have to meet Eddie in person, he is on amazing Marine, not bitter but happy, funny, driven and motivated.

Check out the video he was in from the HBO Special Alive Day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uCvxCZttUY

I still want that rifle they built for him - when I saw it for sale last time I almost bought it - just needed 2k more ..

We knocked this one out of the park with bases loaded. Thank you to everyone that showed up and especially to the companies that we all know here on the Hide, like MAGPUL, Badger Ordnance, Brownell's HS-Precision, US Optics and Tactical Response. Your support helped make this event a success.

Hundreds come out to help Sgt. Eddie Ryan