• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2010 NE archery whitetail

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
Rattled and snort wheezed him to 25 yards, didn't have a stand up yet I was trying out a new spot so I was just hiding behind a few trees everything worked out better than if I would've wrote the script. Rather be lucky than good anyday.

Gross NT 177 5/8 his net will drop quite a bit too many deductions, not the damn deer's fault!

034-1.jpg

040.jpg

045.jpg

047.jpg

Re: 2010 NE archery whitetail

What a freakin pigg. Gotta love all these big deer you guys are killing. They grow them thick up there. Cornbread fed.

Absolute bruiser!! Was he quartering to you pretty sharp? Curious if you were able to slip it in front of the shoulder bone, or blast it through? Obviously it worked and you lunged him either way.

Thanks bud! Acually he was straight broadside, I don't remember if I said originally I was sitting on the ground, but I was, hiding behind a tree about 18 inch diameter luckily I'm not very wide. I had no choice but to draw when he was around 40 yards and was holding for over 5 minutes till I had a chance, I was at full draw facing the tree when I heard two foot steps this told me he made a move, and I had to as well, my arm was jello, so I knew it was now or never either let the bow down or see what the two steps told me. I took my gut feeling that he saw nothing being only 25 yards out and decided to leave which my mind told me that meant he turned, so in one motion I slid on one leg from behind the tree while still focusing on my sights, I was ( lucky )? or right he was broad side, but I did make enough noise he was looking straight at my tree I was behind, the pin was on I hit the release, SMACK, he seen it coming he turned enough to hit him way forward, I am very lucky it made it through the bone, but the rage has treated me well, but in saying that I still believe being on the ground made the difference, there is no deflection on a straight forward shot compared to being in the stand with a steep angle.I hit both lungs and topped the heart. Man it's memories like these that keep the blood flowing and put me in a tree every day ( well when the ole lady lets me I mean )

Nice buck. That looks like the hole of a Rage ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice buck. That looks like the hole of a Rage ??? </div></div>

Yes Sir,

I was a muzzy fan for 10 years but finally decided to try rage, unbelievable design, function. I have never seen blood trails like they create EVER! My most memorable rage moment was last years bow buck stalked him in CRP grass to within 25 yards, put it in the boiler room, he ran straight at me not knowing what happened, I seen the whole thing unfold, his body managed to pump out enough blood in seconds ( however long it takes a deer to run 20 yrds ) to die within 5 yards of me, since then I'm a believer! Don't want to be a spokesman but try them, if you haven't.