• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2010 Steel Safari Match Announcement

Zak Smith

TBAC Guy
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
z1sst5tb.jpg

Steel Safari LLC, and
THUNDER BEAST ARMS CORPORATION
present the
<span style="font-weight: bold">2010 Steel Safari</span>
June 4-6, 2010
at the Blue Steel Ranch near Logan, NM
NEW WEB SITE
http://www.STEELSAFARI.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MATCH PURPOSE

The Steel Safari is a non-standard contest that examines practical rifle skills, including target recognition, range estimation, wind doping, trail skills, and marksmanship. It is designed to test a competitor's skills shooting rifle in practical "hunting-type" challenges in the natural terrain using what gear he can carry.

Shooters should expect:
* two day-long field stages each involving movement through approximately 3 miles of rugged desert terrain; each field stage will have approximately 10 shooting stations; each shooting station will have 6 target opportunities
* to locate, range, and engage targets at each station under a time limit
* movement between stations during each field state will not be timed; however, shooters are encouraged to move briskly to avoid procedural penalties if passed
* local altitude of 4000'
* to carry gear used during the courses of fire
* to engage rifle targets from 200 to 700 yards (few engagements outside this range may be required)
* Standard targets sizes are 6"x12" or 12"x12", but some vary.
* fantastic geographic features for a hike-and-shoot match
* an optional long-range side match with an emphasis on KYL ("know your limitations") and speed, for prizes
</div></div>

FULL MATCH DETAILS AND RULES ON THE WEB SITE
http://www.steelsafari.com/

REGISTRATION FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE ON MONDAY 4 JAN 2010.

MATCH SLOTS ARE FILLED ON A FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED BASIS.

In 2010 the Steel Safari is being run under a new parent organization (Steel Safari LLC), but with the same staff as 2008 and 2009. (It was run by the landowner for many years prior to 2008.)

This match has sold out with a wait list for the last two years, and I expect 2010 to be no different.

Prior-year match reports:

ss09.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Colorado Multigun 2009 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

D462_6886_img.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Colorado Multigun 2008 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

D101_3489_img.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Blue Steel Ranch 2007 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

B100_1082_img.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Steel Safari 2006 </span>

If you have questions, please post them here or email me privately. I do not receive PM's here. In either case, please read the details on the match web site first - it probably answers your question.

Re: 2010 Steel Safari Match Announcement

I really want to get to this match eventually. 2009 a rotation to NTC kept me out. This year I'll be downrange. Hopefully, the saying third time's a charm will work for 2011.

This sounds like fun. I have just completed my application and it will be in the mail today.

Rod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of this morning, the match is full with 6 on the wait list.

Everyone will be notified of their status within a week.

thanks
Zak </div></div>

Wow that was fast.

'administered by the Steel Safari LLC'.....sounds like an enema