• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2010 Wenatchee / Findlay cup match update 3-27-10

Jim the Plumber

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Wenatchee Findlay Cup update:
Match date: 3-27-10. 2 man team event. One shooting rifle, one shooting carbine. Carbine targets will be from 100 to 500 yards, static, mover, and speed drills. Mag changes required. 120 rounds.
Rifle shooter will have targets from 300 to 1200 yards. Static and movers. 60 rounds.
Time permitting there will be a team on team event. you will need 10-30 round per rifle for this.
There will be a night event as well. This will count towards the team match.
dinner is include in the entry fee. Tee shirts are still in the decision stage.
Price $100.00 per team
The match location is very remote. There is a small town 10 miles away with limited services. Bring what you need as there will not be time to go to town. We will have an EMT on site and very limited first aid. Eye and ear protection required.
Sign in 11am
Safety meeting 12 noon, hot range at 12:30pm
All targets are steel. No AP or steel core ammo of any kind.
You will be hiking on rough but flat terrain for approximately 1-1/2 miles. The match will run rain or shine.
There is overnight camping allowed for Saturday night only.
All camping must be self contained.
The match location is on privite property. The match will be run by North Central WA gun club.
There will be no tresspassing before or after the match.
If you have any questions please contact me ASAP
Send checks (made out to NCW Gun Club)and a entry form stating who is on your team and contact information to:
Jim Findlay
POB 3893
Wenatchee WA 98807
Thank you and look forward to seeing you at the match.
Jim
509-884-1000

Re: 2010 Wenatchee / Findlay cup match update 3-27-10

No extra $30 for a magnum rifle now?

I would be there cepting for the fact that I am taking the 5th wheel on its maiden voyage to Hagerman that weekend with my Kids .... LOL

More Bucket list material .

cmon guys I heard not only does this shoot have great course but the food is top notch. lets see some entries somebody has to go to kick my ass.

Re: 2010 Wenatchee / Findlay cup match update 3-27

Already in!
grin.gif

thanks to jim and everyone else who helped put a great shoot together . had a great time and some good food . plan to go back next year . adam

Great time and great shoot, very nice to me a lot of new faces and spend the day razzing friends!!!

Great time as expected... good to see you all.... can't wait until the next one.

Much thanks to all involved!

Just walked in the door, I had a great time as well. I especialy liked the night shoot, might be due to the fact it was one of the few stages I shot well........

Great to meet a handful of new faces

Kirk R

very fun indeed and taught me a few lessons about reading wind indicators. great finally seing alot of guys I have only talked to. i am truly understanding why so many guys are getting addicted to these kind of matches. wish i had alittle more experience shooting an ar15 next time alot more practice before i show up.

thanks again to all that were involved

scott

A few pictures we took.
Shooter trying to splash on steel at 1160 yards.
I think this shooter got one hit on a 6.5"x10" plate.
1233zbo.jpg

Jess, the rifle shooter half of the winning team with two RO's checking the score sheets. Targets are on the hill in the center of the picture 1140 and 1160 yards out.
4kcwp.jpg

Other shooters in this squad waiting and watching.
2lm30w4.jpg

RO's and scores had it easy. Young lady in front was our EMT and timer, my daughter in the red and gray coat ran the score sheets on the long range stages.
r1h2qp.jpg

Think we had enough spotters? Trying to find the 4"x5" at 500 yards and the 5.5"x6" target at 695 yards. Conditions had gone south in a hurry at this stage as well.
2yjq6vo.jpg

Tom trying to get set for his 500 yard shots.
iwuiko.jpg

More to come later. Hope everyone had a great time!
And thanks to Troy for carrying me through out this match... I didn't hit crap!

Results please?

A list of calibers if possible (sometimes it's the Indian <span style="font-weight: bold">AND</span> the arrow!)

wink.gif

Thanks for putting this all together!!

Few of the pics I snapped. If you want originals just email me [email protected] if I didn't black you out and you want to be just PM me.

Diggler44Rotor.jpg

HoppsRotorTribeLongeyes.jpg

MarketGardenMattj.jpg

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Ranger1183.....I was running the 18" 7mm-08 with 162AMAX and IMR4064 getting 2600FPS. Using the Super Sniper 3-9 on top. I belive I got a hit at 1160 yards.

who are those ugly buggers in the matching advantage max 4 camo? oh wait that is adam and i, we were hunting for steel and it was very evasive critter.

Pat M (DPMS .260 - IOR 4.5-14) + Alan (bearded fellow) (DPMS 308 - 20x super sniper

PICT0030-1.jpg

)(This was Alan's first competition and is very new to the long range shooting - he did very good for a hard shoot)
PICT0005.jpg

Tom - Jessie
PICT0020.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

ANYBODY KNOW THIS GUY FROM THE FINDLAY CUP

I know this is a shot in the dark, but their was a guy their in a red car VW I think, he was parked right next to me and has a uso st10 he was going to sell but I forgot to get his info anybody know who he is or how to contact him.

he is squating next to jim in the pic, man I am horrible with names.

thanks scott (tall skinny guy that can't shoot for shit)