• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2011 Hide Cup

Outback

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2009
Texas
Thanks to all the sponors, a massive prize table again. Thanks to the RO's hard work in the hot sun. The match format was awesome this year a lot of run and gun , positional and movers 4 times. The wind played a major role as well. Same group of great shooters. Good to see all the familiar faces and new ones. Special thanks to Jacob and Lisa for letting us shoot at rifles only. Good sport good people can't wait for the next one. Out.

Re: 2011 Hide Cup

Of course u liked it, u won!!! Congrats!! Couldn't have happened to a better guy!! Unless of course I would have been there and won
wink.gif
j/k

Congrats on some damn fine shooting!!!

Geordie shot like a house on fire. Congrats!

How the hell did you pull that off? Just kidding Geordie!!! Congratulations, man that is awesome!!!!

Congrats Geordie. I was two spots down from him and watched the magic happening. He couldn't miss
wink.gif

Had a great time myself. A big thanks to Jacob, Frank, Lindy, Lisa and all the ROs and anyone who helped. Ran smooth and got some good shooting in even in the heat which was tough for this northerner who left 33 degree weather Wednesday morning at home. LOL

Thanks to all the sponsors. It was a huge prize table with a bunch of guns, scopes and everything you could think of. Special thanks to Scott at Liberty Optics for the Vortex Razor which I got off the table.

Had a great time hanging out with all my friends and making some new ones. The random drawing of shooting positions was a good idea and made it interesting. As always it was a great time. Now to get some rest.

What many people don't know is that not only did Geordie ROCK the competition but after the first day when everyone left to go to their hotel room or out to grab a drink, Geordie was with our welder to almost mid-night helping him get our new mover ready for the next event. He was in the top 3 the whole way through the competition. Geordie, you are no doubt a top notch guy all the way around! Congratulations!

Thanks Lisa, Jacob, Frank, Miles, Lindy Charley, and all the rest of the RO's for a great safe event, the competition level was outstanding and scores reflected it. Congrats to Geordie, and all the competitors, the switching winds, and physical aspect made it the most challenging match yet, by day three I was wishing I could have the usual ole dot drill back from the previous matches, HaHa!

Can't wait to give it another try, lots of lessons learned and more practice needed to improve.

Thanks to RO for all the effort and dedication you all give us to shoot a premier event.

Congratulations Geordie for a well deserved win. Thanks to Jacob, Frank, Lisa, the RO's and all of the sponsors for making an unbelieveable shooting event available to us. If you have never RO'd a match you probably don't understand how hard these guys and gals worked so that we could have a great time, and my hat goes off to them.

The match had an excellent course of fire and was a fun, safe match. I can't wait until next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a great time again. Hate I missed it... </div></div>

My sentiments exactly.

Geordie,
Congrats, you deserve the win. You have been shooting very good as of late and am glad you got it at the cup.

I'm sad I missed the cup again, but the twins were a priority and got good news from the doctor.

See everyone at the bash(or norcal if you go)

I'm proud to be a vendor here and glad everyone had a great time.

Geordie, great shooting man wish you had been in my group so I could have witnessed it. Thanks to all the RO's, Frank, Jacob and Lisa. It was a great match, very challenging and a phenomenal prize table. I am looking forward to the next one.

Thank you Frank, Jacob, Lisa, and all the RO's who worked so hard to put on an awesome match!
Congratulations to all the top finishers, especially Geordie for the win...great shooting!!!
Thank you also to all the match sponsors that donated prizes....the prize table was absolutely amazing!
I'm already looking forward to my next chance to shoot at Rifles Only....

This was a great shoot! I was fully prepared for another Cup. However, this Cup y'all did nothing I prepared for lol.

Thank you.

Fierce competitors and a challenging course.

Excellent staff from RO. I know how hard it was for RO to put this match on and it went just great.

Now we wait for the Bash
smile.gif

Geordie, congratulations my friend great shooting, you deserve it with all the hard work you have done. First Australian to win the cup, possibly the first foreigner? But the first Australian I know.

Jacob, Lisa and frank you guys do such a great job pulling this thing off!!!
Lindy, John, Miles and Charlie and the rest of the RO's (I know I missed somebody) THANKS.

Looking forward to the next RO match for sure.

Mike

I'd like to thank the staff, ROs, sponsors, and participants for making this another fine, challenging, match. It was great to see many old friends and make some new ones. The course of fire exploited my weaknesses (everything but static handgun), and showed me where to focus my future training. I'll be building a "barricade" (patterned after the one that Kyle Lamb has in his book), and try to come up with some kind of evile moving target system to embarrass myself....

Congrats to Geordie on a fine performance - he was truly "in the zone"!

Thank you,

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Special thanks to Scott at Liberty Optics for the Vortex Razor which I got off the table.
</div></div>

Rob,

Awesome!! Glad the Razor EBR-2Bravo scope found a good home!!

Scott

Place Name
1 Geordie Richardson
2 Tate Moots
3 JOHN SOMMERS
4 Rob Ormond
5 George Gardner
6 Charles Lane
7 Kevin Drake
8 Zack Scurlock
9 wade stuteville
10 Richard Emmons
11 Chad Haworth
12 Raoul Graham
13 Jason Keim
14 Todd Reynolds
15 Jeff badley
16 jay Ruby
17 Kevin Worrell
18 Patrick Morris
19 Tim Long
20 todd morris
21 Jonathan Geib
22 Kyle Lynch
23 Tony McCollum
24 Sammy Vester
25 Tony Burkes
26 Bryan Yeung
27 Dustin Morris
28 Moon Roberts
29 John Rorie
30 Stan Owens
31 Dave Neth
32 Jason Thompson
33 Scott Parks
34 Jonathan Berry
35 David Wiese
36 Nick Painter
37 Adam Lucksinger
38 Hunter Sykes
39 Jeff Haskins
40 Tony Gimmillie
41 Mike Rogan
42 Bill Fowler
43 Ben Voss
44 Justin Daley
45 Scott Pringle
46 Nathan Pirtle
47 Pete Carpentier
48 Josh Pipes
49 Keith Taylor
50 Bret Kummer
51 Christian Fritz
52 Bill Meuser
53 Brent Tatford
54 brian butts
55 Karl adcock
56 mike harrison
57 Jacob Gottfredson
58 Steve Lapin
59 Lasson Seeley
60 Steve Dickow

I'm going to cut my wrists! I so wanted to attend this match and finish dead last. Looks like the pros showed up at this match. Congrats to all and I'll see you guys at the Bash!

A big thanks to Lisa,Jacob,Frank,Lindy and all of the RO's for making this match so smooth and SAFE. I really appreciate all of the hard work that you guys put into an event of this size.
I think everyone really liked having a few more "run and gun" events,along with the usual UKD's and KYL's.You can count on Jacob and Frank to keep it interesting.
Thanks to all of the sponsors who contributed so much to the prize table;nothing short of amazing!!!I know where my shooting dollars will be spent!
Congratulations;Geordie and all of the top finishers. A job well done and a reflection of the hours spent on the range practicing.You guys have paid the price to get to this level.
It was good to meet some new people and see some familiar faces.
Hope to see everyone soon.
Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What many people don't know is that not only did Geordie ROCK the competition but after the first day when everyone left to go to their hotel room or out to grab a drink, Geordie was with our welder to almost mid-night helping him get our new mover ready for the next event. He was in the top 3 the whole way through the competition. Geordie, you are no doubt a top notch guy all the way around! Congratulations! </div></div>

I have watched Geordie perform his skills at 3 matches in the last year. Last year at RO, I watched him behind his scope assisting his fellow competitors with spotting communications during the long tower shots. He did this for every shooter on the tower in his squad. Geordie is a consummate professional and a true sportsman. Congrats on this stellar achievement! Mark

Congrats Geordie on the win! Thanks to Jacob, Lisa, Frank and all the Rifles Only staff. I'm not going to try to name you guys because I know I'll miss someone. You guys put in a lot of hard work and time in a match this size.
Thank you to all the sponors for the awesome prize table!!
It was good to see some friends and make some new ones!

Congratulations Geordie!

Very good shooting against those guys. I know you can't slip up at all and not be overrun by that gang. We know you have been working hard on your rifle driving and we are proud that you took this one.

Sorry I couldn't be there to F%&k with you.

Be safe.

Congrats Geordie, great job! One can look at some of the names from 30th-60th place and quickly realize the talent that was there and how hard it would be to come out on top.

From now on, I will simply call you "the wonder from down under."

Congrats Geordie. Wish I was able to be there myself. Look forward to getting out to a match at your place soon. Ride the win for a while. Good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to all the sponors, a massive prize table again. Thanks to the RO's hard work in the hot sun. The match format was awesome this year a lot of run and gun , positional and movers 4 times. The wind played a major role as well. Same group of great shooters. Good to see all the familiar faces and new ones. Special thanks to Jacob and Lisa for letting us shoot at rifles only. Good sport good people can't wait for the next one. Out. </div></div>

Jacob has already forgot that you won. You know why? Because it is just a match.

lol, good job man!

As always a big thank you to Frank, Lisa, Jacob, Lindy, and all the range officers of the match!!

To all the sponsors thank you for your generous donations and support of the Super Bowl of Sniper comps in the United States.

Match ran great, it was fun and challenging as always. I enjoyed the human mouse maze it was alot of fun and my favorite event.

This match was stacked full of great shooters and it was great to see all my shooting buddies, friends, as well as making new friends as we always do at these matches.

Great shooting to my Aussie friend.

I cant wait for the bash!!

Happy Shooting

Well done Geordie. I just wish I would have been in your squad so that I could watch you work -- perhaps I would have learned a few things. Good to see a Surgeon win it.

The calibers I saw were:.243, 6XC, 260, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308, .300 Win mag, and .338 Lapua.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody get a list of weapons and cal?</div></div>
Would also be interested in list of optics used on the "top guns."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody get a list of weapons and cal?</div></div>
Would also be interested in list of optics used on the "top guns." </div></div>

Geordie has a 5-25 PH and I believe John Summers used a 5-25 S&B.

Geordie was using 5-25 S&B. I can assure you it could have been a super sniper and he still would have won. He dominated all the way through.

Dustin

5/25 schmitt gen 2 XRRetical.
6.5 creedmoor factory hornaday ammo
Surgeon scapel only the best
Sentinel stock
TAB Sling
Atlas bipod

Second 6.5 creedmoor factory
Fourth 6.5 creedmoor factory
Seventh 6.5 creedmoor factory

As Geordie mentioned I was shooting factory 6.5 Creedmoor 140 AMAX loads thought a GAP rifle with a S&B 5-25x56 on top.

Outside of the hardware used, I'd like to know from the competitors what software (skills) helped them the most. Was it knowing your exact dope at every range possible, ability to assume any position called for and drive the rifle correctly... Any training tips that they'd care to pass on. Like, I worked on this, but should have spent more time working on this...

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations to all,
Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Was it knowing your exact dope at every range possible, ability to assume any position called for and drive the rifle correctly... </div></div>

Yes.
wink.gif

Tate Moots took second place shooting an FNH SPR-A5 TBM in 6.5 Creedmore (prototype). His optic was a Leupold 6.5-20x ERT. Go "Team Claw".

Semper Fi,

Top .308 was a bone-stock AE topped with a SFP NF non zero-stop.

BTW Geordie and Tate shot very, very well throughout the match and their scores were in a league of their own. The rest of the top 20 were grouped considerably tighter.