• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2011 Steel Safari Match Announcement

Zak Smith

TBAC Guy
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
z1sst5tb.jpg

Steel Safari LLC, and THUNDER BEAST ARMS CORPORATION present the
<span style="font-weight: bold">2011 Steel Safari</span>
June 3-5, 2011
at the Blue Steel Ranch near Logan, NM
http://www.STEELSAFARI.com/

The Steel Safari is one of the premier true field long-range practical shooting matches in the country.

MATCH PURPOSE

The Steel Safari is a non-standard contest that examines practical rifle skills, including target recognition, range estimation, wind doping, trail skills, and marksmanship. It is designed to test a competitor's skills shooting rifle in practical "hunting-type" challenges in the natural terrain using what gear he can carry.

Shooters should expect:
* two day-long field stages each involving movement through approximately 3 miles of rugged desert terrain; each field stage will have approximately 10 shooting stations; each shooting station will have 6 target opportunities
* to locate, range, and engage targets at each station under a time limit
* movement between stations during each field state will not be timed; however, shooters are encouraged to move briskly to avoid procedural penalties if passed
* local altitude of 4000'
* to carry gear used during the courses of fire
* to engage rifle targets from 200 to 700 yards (few engagements outside this range may be required)
* Standard targets sizes are 6"x12" or 12"x12", but some vary.
* fantastic geographic features for a hike-and-shoot match
* an optional long-range side match with an emphasis on KYL ("know your limitations") and speed, for prizes

FULL MATCH DETAILS AND RULES ON THE WEB SITE http://www.steelsafari.com/

REGISTRATION FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE ON MONDAY 3 JAN 2011. MATCH SLOTS ARE FILLED ON A FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED BASIS. This match has sold out with a wait list for the last three years, and I expect 2011 to be no different.

Prior-year match reports:

ss10.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">2010 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

ss09.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Colorado Multigun 2009 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

D462_6886_img.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Colorado Multigun 2008 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

D101_3489_img.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Blue Steel Ranch 2007 Steel Safari Practical Rifle Match </span>

B100_1082_img.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">article</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">Steel Safari 2006 </span>

If you have questions, please post them here or email me privately. I do not receive PM's here. In either case, please read the details on the match web site first - it probably answers your question.

Re: 2011 Steel Safari Match Annuncement

Man! If I'm in the country then, I'd LOVE to shoot this match! Sounds GREAT!

Can I go? Ie. Are there any spaces left.

Is a .223AI shooting 75 or 80gr bullets allowed? I seem to recall seeing something about no .223's in the rules

Edit: I guess not. Time to build a 6.5x47 Game Gun?

Double Edit: I'd get raped if I wanted to bring a suppressor with me, wouldn't I.

Definatly a nogo on 223 , has to be between .243 and .308 and no faster than 3200 fps .
Suppresors are allowed for the match , can't say what the headaches would be to bring one from accross the big pond .

This is a match for people who can follow instructions. The web site says
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NEWS
2011 match dates set: June, 3-5 2011
2011 Applcation will be posted Monday January 3rd, 2011!
</div></div>
and
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2011 match entry information will be posted here on Monday January 3rd 2011 </div></div>
The rules also state
Cartridge/bullet/ballistic requirements:

1. Maximum bullet caliber = 7.62mm/.308", minimum caliber = 6 mm/.243"
2. Maximum muzzle velocity = 3200 fps. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a match for people who can follow instructions. </div></div>

People don't like to read.
Post pretty pictures!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a match for people who can follow instructions. The web site says
NEWS
2011 match dates set: June, 3-5 2011
2011 Applcation will be posted Monday January 3rd, 2011!
</div></div>
and
2011 match entry information will be posted here on Monday January 3rd 2011 </div></div>
The rules also state
Cartridge/bullet/ballistic requirements:

1. Maximum bullet caliber = 7.62mm/.308", minimum caliber = 6 mm/.243"
2. Maximum muzzle velocity = 3200 fps. </div></div>

</div></div>

I'm literally retarded. Alternatively, I got enthusiastic and posted before reading. Then read and answered my own questions but did not edit posts sufficiently.
frown.gif

This match is Awesome!! The match staff put in a lot of work to make this thing so kick ass.

Hope to make it in again this year.

I will make sure I am back in the US for this. Zak, my volunteering offer still stands schedule permitting.

Registration is open. Mine has been sent and rooms are booked.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendocino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Registration is open. Mine has been sent and rooms are booked.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Same here too.

Two apps from Colorado Springs headed north this morning...

and one from TN

Zak: are the applications available yet?

jk: dropped mine and RJ's at Mike's earlier today. Looking forward to spending a few days in 100 degree heat wishing I was skinny like Hoser...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k2peaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Looking forward to spending a few days in 100 degree heat wishing I was skinny like Hoser... </div></div>

All the girls wish that.

Zak
Looks like a blast, would love to get out there for one of those... Mark

Three from PA/NJ coming. Overnighted registation forms.

Jamie Dodson
Richard Jones
Steve Lyncha

Thanks Zak and look forward to the match if we get in.

JamieD

With the mail delivered today, the match is full. We will continue accepting applications for the wait list for a couple more days, and then close registration. For what it's worth, last year we got through approx 10 people on the wait list.

We will send out notifications by the end of the week.

Match and wait list are both full. Application is closed. Sorry it filled up so fast, guys. I'd love to have 100 guys be able to shoot this match but the present format does not allow it.

We will be sending out match slot and wait list information via email very soon.

thanks
Zak

Hopefully next year the website can accommodate online registration. I put my entry in the mailbox at 6:45 am on the third, but I am fearful that the mail lag time from Texas to Colorado will knock me out this year.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

I am not sure having online registration would really help that much. The match would just "sell out" within a few minutes of me pressing the button and people who wanted to get in would <span style="font-style: italic">have to</span> be online for those exact 5 minutes or whatever. The way it worked this year, people had roughly a day to get their application in order and overnight it-- everyone who did that got a slot.

But of course we'll have to make some changes for next year - it will be more difficult to fairly allocate match slots if we get 100 applications overnighted and they all arrive at once.

What we'd like is for everyone who is serious about shooting this match to be able to get a slot, while not compromising the challenges that are unique to this match or its fairness.

Anyway, the other match staff and I will be talking about ways we could potentially satisfy or at least arbitrate the high demand for this match. If you have some great ideas, email them over and we'll talk about them.

Last year we had roughly ten people who started on the wait list eventually get a shooting slot, so don't lose hope if your app arrived today.

thanks
Zak

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully next year the website can accommodate online registration. I put my entry in the mailbox at 6:45 am on the third, but I am fearful that the mail lag time from Texas to Colorado will knock me out this year.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

</div></div>

Same here. Something in the back of my mind said overnight it, I didn't listen. Oh well, I'll be sure to get in some practice in the meantime.

boltripper echo's the thoughts of many that will not get in this now popular challenging match......like many other matches around the country THAT USE THE INTERNET instead of snail mail.....this is the new milinea ,,,,who the fuck licks stamps anymore....please consider utilizing modern technology.....

almost anyone can slap a button on a internet site these days.....i'm just sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

...Anyway, the other match staff and I will be talking about ways we could potentially satisfy or at least arbitrate the high demand for this match. If you have some great ideas, email them over and we'll talk about them...

</div></div>

Maybe an application window & a random draw from the pool of timely submitted apps?

Boltripper,

Read my last post before this one for why online registration would not eliminate the problem, just change it.

Up until 2008, this match had no publicity and had less than 28 people <span style="font-style: italic">sign up</span>. The application wasn't even online anywhere-- you got a photocopy in the mail. Michael, Mike, and I must have done a good job with the match (which we took over in 2008) because this year we got something like 80 applications in the three days after the application was posted. Since we only have nominally 36 shooting slots, I closed applications at that point.

The simple fact that we had over 2x the number of applications than possible match slots means that some people are not going to get in, no matter how registration works, whether it is online, in person, via the mail, or whatever.

The method we've used so far is to make it well known the date the application would go online and state that match slots will be granted in the order applications are received. Some people were on the ball, ready to go, and put 2+2 together by figuring out that overnighting their application on Monday would give them the best shot at getting in. And they were right (with the exception of a couple guys who I believe will have a complaint with the post office regarding promised delivery times-- sorry guys, that sucks). This year it worked out cleanly in that we filled up the main match exactly at the end of Tuesday.

I'm sorry that everyone who wants to shoot couldn't get in this year, but I'm not sorry at all that there is so much demand. We aim to run the best field match of this type in the country and I think the interest shows we have some measure of success.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">boltripper echo's the thoughts of many that will not get in this now popular challenging match......like many other matches around the country THAT USE THE INTERNET instead of snail mail.....this is the new milinea ,,,,who the fuck licks stamps anymore....please consider utilizing modern technology.....

almost anyone can slap a button on a internet site these days.....i'm just sayin
</div></div>
This rant is mysterious coming from someone who didn't even submit an application. Unless you literally didn't do it because going to the post office was too much harder than clicking your mouse. I think you just deselected yourself, dude.

Anyway, everyone who submitted an application should have already received an email with your status.

thanks
Zak

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Up until 2008, this match had no publicity and had less than 28 people <span style="font-style: italic">sign up</span>. The application wasn't even online anywhere-- you got a photocopy in the mail. <span style="font-weight: bold">Michael, Mike, and I must have done a good job with the match</span> (which we took over in 2008) because this year we got something like 80 applications in the three days after the application was posted. </div></div>

+1 You guys have done an awesome job with the match!! Thanks for all the hard work you and the other match staff do, to make this kick ass match possible every year.

No doubt about it. This is a ton of work and you folks put on one hell of a show. Thanks.

oh for fuck sakes....

i know what the limits are you guys have got to live with ...and to run a GOOD amtch takes a lot of sweat and drama and ......and the friction , and the course of fire and and safety issues....

but .....AND YOU fuckers that are sitting next to the throne of the match director are here by directed to sit on your hands....because after all , this is now dubbed a denver colorado match....

this match has now become something that many wish to be challenged by....so them that wish to play the game from either coast DON'T STAND A CHANCE....AND IT WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER DUE TO WHAT EVER THE FUCKING POST OFFICE DO.....ESPECIALLY WHEN THE LOCALS TO THE MATCH DIRECTOR GOT ONE DAY POSTAL SERVICE

but hey who the fuck am i.....it is not my match

no boltripper did not even apply...although i wanted to, but i read the writing on the wall, and knew i did not wish to have that eventual bad taste in my mouth.....

hey you guys did a great job building an awesome match....AND I GOT NO BITCHES on how it is run....its just the conduit to get involved in the entry that gives many that i know heartburn....

i'm not winning, just bitching.....if i was there standing in front of you guys i'd be sAYING THE SAME UNABASHED RANT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh for fuck sakes....

i know what the limits are you guys have got to live with ...and to run a GOOD amtch takes a lot of sweat and drama and ......and the friction , and the course of fire and and safety issues....

but .....AND YOU fuckers that are sitting next to the throne of the match director are here by directed to sit on your hands....because after all , this is now dubbed a denver colorado match....

this match has now become something that many wish to be challenged by....so them that wish to play the game from either coast DON'T STAND A CHANCE....AND IT WILL NOT GET ANY BETTER DUE TO WHAT EVER THE FUCKING POST OFFICE DO.....ESPECIALLY WHEN THE LOCALS TO THE MATCH DIRECTOR GOT ONE DAY POSTAL SERVICE

but hey who the fuck am i.....it is not my match

no boltripper did not even apply...although i wanted to, but i read the writing on the wall, and knew i did not wish to have that eventual bad taste in my mouth.....

hey you guys did a great job building an awesome match....AND I GOT NO BITCHES on how it is run....its just the conduit to get involved in the entry that gives many that i know heartburn....

i'm not winning, just bitching.....if i was there standing in front of you guys i'd be sAYING THE SAME UNABASHED RANT.</div></div>
Get it under control. You're just embarrassing yourself. For someone who literally has no stake in the 2011 match, you are dumping a lot of shit in this thread. It is inappropriate.

What do you mean it's a "Denver" match? That makes no sense. Every year since 2008 we have had a <span style="font-weight: bold">smaller percentage</span> of local/regional shooters and <span style="font-weight: bold">more shooters from out of state</span>. At the current count, only about half or fewer the people who got match slots live in Colorado. Denver? Maybe 3 or 4. Not a Denver match by any means. This is fact compared to your speculation.

And last I checked, <span style="font-weight: bold">people on either coast can still overnight stuff</span> via USPS, FEDEX, or other carriers. We had people from around the country do that and get in the match. Your rant about USPS and the coasts is invalid.

Like I said, this year the cutoff was clear-- people who put 2+2 together based on the criteria we published specifying how match slots were going to be allocated and overnighted their app the day it was available got in. People who forgot or blew it off or didn't overnight it didn't. Actually, this is arguable more fair than a lottery because choices they made helped their individual outcomes.

We can't make everyone happy if we set up a match and fee that attracts 100 shooters but we only have slots for 36. I am sorry that some people who sent in applications didn't get it, but that's just how the math works out. We made it well-known when and where the application would be available and in what order we'd grant match slots. Guys on the coasts might have to spend more to overnight an application, but they also have to spend more for travel. That's part of the cost of attending distant matches.

i don't wish to rain on your..... stuff here Zak....i really don't

there are many here that are sorely pissed/////read really fucking mad....infact the cell phone bills are ranking right up there .......

everyone i speak with are truely gob smaked at the methodology on this match.....jeez!!!! whats so hard about utilizing your website to do registration......

...its done....you and yours have torque off a fair schwak of folks that wanted a even shot at the start line.....licking stamps is so 1990's.....so be it no tears here bro.

me thinks some here will show up on the edge of the caprock and bang some steel ....and heft some beer AND WONDER why the brain dammage did what it did........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i don't wish to rain on your..... stuff here Zak....i really don't

there are many here that are sorely pissed/////read really fucking mad....infact the cell phone bills are ranking right up there .......

everyone i speak with are truely gob smaked at the methodology on this match.....jeez!!!! whats so hard about utilizing your website to do registration......

...its done....you and yours have torque off a fair schwak of folks that wanted a even shot at the start line.....licking stamps is so 1990's.....so be it no tears here bro.

me thinks some here will show up on the edge of the caprock and bang some steel ....and heft some beer AND WONDER why the brain dammage did what it did........</div></div>
Boltripper,

We're apparently at the part in the thread where you keep repeating the same complaints and I keep repeating the same responses.

Point 1- <span style="font-weight: bold">I know it sucks to want to get into a match and then not get in</span>. It's happened to me in the past and it sucked. Having stress related to applying to a match is also not awesome. We get that.

We could decrease demand by increasing the entry fee or making registration more limited (prequalification). We didn't want to do that. Without major modifications to the match format, we have 30-some slots and that's it.

Point 2- <span style="font-weight: bold">There is much more demand for the match than there are shooting slots. No method of signup will fix this problem</span> (unless, ironically, we made signup <span style="font-style: italic">more difficult</span>).

Point 3- <span style="font-weight: bold">Everyone had the exact same information and opportunity to apply. By definition, that is fair, an even playing field. </span>

The way the applications turned out, we filled up exactly at the end of the day after the application was posted, so there was no arbitrary decision on who got in and who didn't make the cut. On the third day when we started filling the wait list, we did have to assign an order and these ended up in the "order they came out of the pile", which is essentially random.

Everyone had an even shot at getting their application in. Those people who overnighted their app got in, and those two waited or thought the minimum effort (regular mail) would do did not.

Also, when we took over this match in 2008, we made a point of not giving preferential treatment with regard to registration to match alumni. Everyone gets the same information and the same deadlines.

Point 4- Doing registration online would not make less people mad they didn't get in-- it would just change who is mad. <span style="font-weight: bold">No matter what the method of signup, some people will get in, and some will end up on the wait list, period.</span> Some of the people who don't get in will inevitably be upset for some reason or another.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Online registration would not have made registration any more fair.</span> It would have just shifted favor towards those people who could be online at exactly 8AM MTN for the few minutes until it would have filled up, and click their mouse really fast. Then we'd inevitably get complaints from people who have to be at work at that time, or can't access that web site due to a proxy, or whatever random IT issue they have.

If you really think online registration would have helped, please write me a coherent paragraph on how it would have been more fair than the current method. If you idea has merit, we'll certainly consider it for next year. To be clear, we're not set against online registration, it's just that <span style="font-weight: bold">your allegation that the registration was totally unfair and ridiculous and generally F'd because it was not online is without merit.</span>

But note that we obviously cannot use the exact same method for next year. If we did get more than 36 applications delivered the first day, it would be impossible to assign slots based on arrival time alone.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Anyone who applied for the match and is pissed off for whatever reason is free to call me and discuss it.</span> It would probably be more productive to call Michael or me than to call Boltripper, BTW.

By the way, <span style="font-weight: bold">over half</span> the people on the wait list, whose apps arrived on Wednesday, <span style="font-weight: bold">didn't overnight their app until Tuesday</span>. Online registration obviously wouldn't have solved <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> problem. It had been posted for at least a month that the application would be available early Monday morning.

<span style="font-weight: bold">We've used the exact same process for match application since 2008</span>: publish date application will be available in advance, post application on that date, then grant match slots in the order they were received. If someone wasn't pissed off at how match signup ran in 2008, 2009, or 2010, it doesn't make much sense to be pissed off now. The only difference is that it sold out a little bit quicker than 2010, which sold out a little quicker than 2009, which sold out a little quicker than 2008. It was as fair this time around as it was any of those other years.

Again, if anyone is pissed off about it or thinks it was unfair, they are free to give me a call to discuss.

Looks like some one in TX that has no dog in this fight by there own admission has an over blown view of their self worth and has got their panties in a bunch .

For the life of me I can not understand why someone would call a person that isn't a represenitive of the match and complain since there is nothing that person can accomplish than to come on the internet and act like a spoiled child .

Where was all this righteous indignation in 07 when Dave said that was it and the match was no more ?

Where was all this righteous indignation when the Cup and Bash sell out in seconds online ?

Online registration doesn't solve any problems , it just would have made the match sell out that much faster . If it was online this would have catered to the people that can set at the computer and click apply as soon as the app is posted . The match would have filled faster and there would still be people that did not get in , <span style="font-weight: bold">THE SAME EXACT OUTCOME </span> .

This appears to be simple problem solving skills in action here . Task , conditions , and results desired . The shooters were given a task and the way that it was to be accomplished and some of there solutions were lacking .

...........me thinks some get really really wrapped around the axle......go ahead drink the kool aide about how online registration don't solve the fairness rant......how did youguys figure that one out??

...ok so this match has grown rather nicely ...and i predict will go super nova in popularity and its all due to the efforts Zak and michael, and others who put in vast hours of sweat and time etc.

if you guys did not step in years ago this match would be nothing but a fond memory.....you guys did a exceptional job...really!!

just know that there are a fair schwack of shooters that would not say shit if they had a mouth full of it.....they are pissed and i'm venting for them and myself......

but you could have picked a different manner to do the application process.....if you don't believe me look at all the responders in this post....they are all from colorado......DUDES could it not be more apparent??........if you lived within one days mail service...you got in!.....

its a good thing to have fresh talent in this shooting stuff.

i'm off to the bar...............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...........me thinks some get really really wrapped around the axle......go ahead drink the kool aide about how online registration don't solve the fairness rant......how did youguys figure that one out??

...ok so this match has grown rather nicely ...and i predict will go super nova in popularity and its all due to the efforts Zak and michael, and others who put in vast hours of sweat and time etc.

if you guys did not step in years ago this match would be nothing but a fond memory.....you guys did a exceptional job...really!!

just know that there are a fair schwack of shooters that would not say shit if they had a mouth full of it.....they are pissed and i'm venting for them and myself......

but you could have picked a different manner to do the application process.....if you don't believe me look at all the responders in this post....they are all from colorado......DUDES could it not be more apparent??........if you lived within one days mail service...you got in!.....

its a good thing to have fresh talent in this shooting stuff.

i'm off to the bar............... </div></div>
Boltripper,

In my prior post, I asked you:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you really think online registration would have helped, please write me a coherent paragraph on how it would have been more fair than the current method. </div></div>
You've chosen to not do that. Instead, you're just repeating the same rants as before. I conclude that in fact you don't have an argument why it would have been better, or what method would have been more fair.

Let me be clear. You are not operating on all the facts. Your rants are based on speculation and your arguments, such as they are, are without merit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.if you lived within one days mail service...you got in!.....</div></div>
This is factually incorrect. You are making assumptions that are not borne out by the facts. Let me just point out a few- some of these I have already posted to this thread:

1. At the current count, only about <span style="font-weight: bold">half or fewer the people who got match slots live in Colorado</span>. One might argue that this is still disproportional. I attribute it to the fact that more Colorado-region shooters have shot the SS over time than any other group, because prior to 2008 it had essentially no publicity outside of people "who knew a guy." So we have more people for whom getting in is a top priority.

2. <span style="font-weight: bold">Over half the people on the wait list</span> whose apps arrived on Wednesday, <span style="font-weight: bold">didn't overnight their app until Tuesday</span>. Let me break that down for you. <span style="font-weight: bold">It means they did not sign up the day the application was available. Guess what, these guys would have totally missed a 5-minute online signup window.</span>

3. Proximity for USPS first-class delivery makes no difference. <span style="font-weight: bold">People anywhere in the country had the same opportunity to overnight their app by a variety of carriers</span>. If I knew I needed to get something delivered to Denver by tomorrow, I would overnight it anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....if you don't believe me look at all the responders in this post....they are all from colorado...</div></div>
Wait, you mean like this guy from Greeley, CO?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya, that sucks...mine is in the mail!</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just know that there are a fair schwack of shooters that would not say shit if they had a mouth full of it.....they are pissed and i'm venting for them and myself......</div></div>
Well, look, it would make sense to be pissed off at and to criticize the match staff if signup was done unfairly or by whim. We didn't. We used a procedure that was fair to everyone by giving them the same information and opportunity-- totally fair to everyone. People who were prudent enough to ensure Tuesday delivery got in, and people who didn't - regardless of where they live - didn't.

Being upset at not getting into a match you wanted to shoot is understandable; however, perhaps those guys aren't calling me to bitch because they know it wasn't our fault they didn't get in. That's called acting like an adult.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a good thing to have fresh talent in this shooting stuff.</div></div>
Again, as a matter of <span style="font-weight: bold">fact</span> and not conjecture on your part, only roughly half of the people who currently have slots are SS alumni.

and then there are some that are at current matches...out of state.....family commitments and .....well i'm not currently responsible for the up comming flame job....