• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 Dodge 1500 (Hemi) engine performance parts?

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
I have a 2012 Dodge 1500 4x4, Hemi with Crew Cab. I have been looking at different upgrades for the engine (chips, modules, programmers,etc) and just wanted to know which one to get. I`m not spending thousands of dollars. Maybe a K&N cold air intake and Jet performance module but which one?

Thanks

Last edited:
Out of pure curiosity, did you have to order that rig or was it on a lot? My understanding is the current MegaCab trucks are order only. And is it still basically a 2500 with the solid front axle and no MDS just like the generations before?

That being said, in all my research of the current HEMI motor (I have an 07) there is no major power adders or upgrades. Little things like intake and exhaust can help buy not much. The tuners don't do much either as the motor is pretty fine tuned from Dodge already. I've read some folks who did headers noticed increases also but on these trucks it is not a simple install. I do know that major mods like upgrading the heads have been popular, going to the SRT heads.

Out of pure curiosity, did you have to order that rig or was it on a lot? My understanding is the current MegaCab trucks are order only. And is it still basically a 2500 with the solid front axle and no MDS just like the generations before?

That being said, in all my research of the current HEMI motor (I have an 07) there is no major power adders or upgrades. Little things like intake and exhaust can help buy not much. The tuners don't do much either as the motor is pretty fine tuned from Dodge already. I've read some folks who did headers noticed increases also but on these trucks it is not a simple install. I do know that major mods like upgrading the heads have been popular, going to the SRT heads.

My bad. I have the crew cab, not mega cab.