• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 "GAP GRIND" @ K&M ***RESULTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS***

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
K & M Precision Rifle Training is honored to host the 2012 “GAP Grind”. GA Precision will infuse this match with events that will undoubtedly live up to its title. Combined with K & M’s first class training facilities this event will be the premier long range precision match of the year. Part of the 2012 Precision Rifle Series it joins the ranks of the nation’s top events for those wishing to compete at the highest level.

This will be a high tempo match with minimal “down time” between stages. The course of fire will test and train disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1000yds at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets. Targets size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. All scoring will be transparent, balanced and fall within the Precision Rifle Series guidelines in order to reward the most consistent shooters. The competition will require 175 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below. COF will be made public at the start of the competition on Saturday at 7:00am.

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Timeline</span></span></span>
<span style="text-decoration: underline">Friday, 26 October 2012 – Competition Train-up – Registration and Zero Range Open</span>
7:00 am Train-up begins
3:00 pm Train-up complete
3:00pm-until dark – <span style="text-decoration: underline">All competitors must sign-in at the facility – 100yd zero range open</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Saturday, 27 October 2012 – Match Day 1</span>
7:00am Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am Match Starts
6:00pm Day 1 complete

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Sunday, 28 October 2012 – Match Day 2</span>
7:30am Day 2 starts
3:00pm Match Ends
3:30pm Awards/prize table

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Registration</span></span></span>
PRECISION RIFLE SERIES MEMBERS REGISTRATION BEGINS: 10:00am CST, 4 June 2012
OPEN REGISTRATION BEGINS: 10:00am CST, 5 June 2012

Registration will be done on a first come first serve basis; the match will be limited to 75 competitors. PRS competitors will receive priority registration. Send ONE email to [email protected] with the subject “GAP Grind Registration” then your full name, contact information, T-shirt size and if you would like to sign up for the train-up. Do not send a registration email earlier than 10:00am on the above dates. Emails received earlier then 10:00am will be ignored and multiple emails will be bumped to the back of the list. You will receive a confirmation or waitlist email shortly thereafter. Match payment will be due no later than 1 July and is not refundable. Wait listed personnel will be contacted if slots open.

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Cost</span></span></span>
$275 per Competitor (includes match shirt and refreshments all weekend)

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Train-Up</span></span></span>
A one day, eight hour K&M Competition Train-Up Course will be offered to competitors on Friday, 26 October from 7am to 3pm. The course will review basic fundamentals and rapidly transition to range exercises and drills commonly seen in today’s precision rifle competitions. The K&M staff and members from the GA Precision Rifle Shooting Team will provide professional mentorship and hands on instruction to improve your baseline performance for the competition. The train-up will utilize the entire K&M Training Facility but will not practice any event in a manner that will provide them an advantage during the competition. Additionally participants can expect to gather data from 100-1000yds, engage moving targets, and take advantage of multitude range props and targets to further progress in their training. Train-up and Match fee cost is $525 and will limited to maintain a 1 to 5 instructor to student ratio.

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Hotels</span></span></span>
Below are a few good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30-45 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels. Please stock up in town, there are not many services near the facility.

<span style="font-style: italic">Country Inn & Suites</span>
235 Rasberry Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 306-2020

<span style="font-style: italic">Econo Lodge</span>
3101 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 682-6255

<span style="font-style: italic">Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites</span>
125 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 398-8100

<span style="font-style: italic">Hampton Inn</span>
3709 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 689-2378

<span style="font-style: italic">Jameson Inn</span>
151 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 683-1778

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Airports</span></span></span>
Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Ft Walton Beach) – 45 miles
Pensacola International Airport (Pensacola) – 60 miles

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sponsors</span></span></span>
Picture2.png

Re: 2012 "GAP GRIND"

got a feeling this might be the best match of the year

Is there any chance for a non PRS member to get in or should I not get my hopes up? I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Do you have a list of crappy hotels?
I'll do my best to make it out for this one! Sounds fun!

I'm wondering what the odds of getting a spot are if you don't get around to registering in the first few hours.

I've heard great things about the facility and the comps.

Jax - I would register within seconds of the open time if serious about trying to get in.

For those that have been to the facility before here are a few photos of some the work/updates.

KM20120505-55.jpg

We put a ton of work into the "shoothouse" - new walls, upper level, decks, third level, latter, stairs, simulated roof. Lots of welding/fab and painting.

KM20120505-69.jpg

KM20120505-61.jpg

DSC_3902.jpg

To the left of the photo you can see the new 270 degree range and a few more lanes. Urban mock ups are getting built now and will provide a great area to train and to use during matches.

We are working had to prep for the "Grind" and are looking forward to having you all down!

Awesome Shannon!
You guys are jamming it into overdrive.

Not only some of the best prop design but super well done on the fab. Should be sturdy and not go anywhere for a long time.

You and Bryan are already sitting on the top facility out there and it is only getting better. Special note: A good or great facility does NOT make a good place to train. The staff/instructors have to bring it to the table.

You guys have both.

Shannon,

The bird's eye view is pretty amazing. Any plans for putting in a landing strip before the Gap Grind?
smile.gif

Hoping to make it into the match and see what you guys have built, from the photos it looks pretty amazing.

Cheers,
David

Good luck with the landing strip. Eglin AFB is very close. It's a pain in the back side to get in and out of that area. I've flown into Destin and there are very specific routes in that area.
The range looks awesome.

SP

Follow the corsair (; shoothouse looks awesome. I like the ladder. Stairs are one thing, but hump yer junk up the ladder, u guys are dimented. Its rare for the brains,money,skill and work ethic to all meet in the same place but u fellers have done it. I was excited when i heard this place was comin to southeast,but IT HAS FAR EXCEEDED what i figured it might be.the best part of the whole thing is from a new shooters point of view was not the facility as nice as it may be,IT WAS THE PEOPLE! Brian and shannon are super nice folks,no cocky bullcrap,just havin fun shootin!

Excellent advice for those who can plan their day accordingly.
I'm not one of those
smile.gif

The Bash at Rifles Only was filled in 90 seconds they said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S. Kay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jax - I would<span style="font-weight: bold"> register within seconds</span> of the open time if serious about trying to get in.

</div></div>

The range is possibly getting surveyed by SF to clear it for jumps. I think I could land on the 825yd lane between the 350yd and 450yd target with a Husky but the pucker factor would be high.

If you do want to fly in, look at 18FD. I have hanger space and tie downs along with access to fuel. It's only 15 minutes south of the range.

Bryan

Good Luck PRS members, Should be a Great Match ! Us Mortals don't stand a chance of getting into something like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Luck PRS members, Should be a Great Match ! Us Mortals don't stand a chance of getting into something like this. </div></div>

There will be Non PRS slots, just be quick on the button when Pimp open it up.

Gentlemen,

We will be gone for the weekend and have a heavy work load next week. It will be at least a few days before we release the registration results.

Don't forget that registration starts Monday and Tuesday at 10am CST. Good luck to all!

Shannon

Guys,

Don't get discouraged. We are holding spots for non PRS members. There will be shooters that will register tomorrow that will get in. If you want to shoot or at least get onto the list send us an email at the right time.

We are also taking upto 80 shooters this time so it will open a few more slots from last match.

Shannon

You can if you hit send at the right moment. Don't need to be immortal. Just jobless, or have a gopher to sign you up
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Luck PRS members, Should be a Great Match ! Us Mortals don't stand a chance of getting into something like this. </div></div>

Gentlemen,

Confirmation emails will start going out today. Everyone will receive an email notifying them of their status (in the match or on the waitlist) no later than Saturday evening.

Shannon

I will see the python on the field of battle!

That would be me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Techtoy_al</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the winners are?????
</div></div>

In! This range looks awesome, can't wait to shoot there. Thanks Grind crew!

Best,
JP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Morgan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The range is possibly getting surveyed by SF to clear it for jumps. I think I could land on the 825yd lane between the 350yd and 450yd target with a Husky but the pucker factor would be high.

If you do want to fly in, look at 18FD. I have hanger space and tie downs along with access to fuel. It's only 15 minutes south of the range.

Bryan</div></div>

Thanks Bryan,

I was looking at coming into Brewton (12J) but it would be nice to put her in a hangar while I'm there. I'd probably top off in Brewton and pop on over if you can accommodate. Please drop me a an email or PM at your convenience and we can discuss further.

David

I've been so freakin busy I didn't see this. E-mail sent...I'll tkae a wait list slot and maybe I'll get lucky.

I'm hoping to make it down and film some footage for GAP, never been to a match like this but it looks AWESOME.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shannon dont' forget a step stool for me on the stages where the obstacles are over my head...

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I thought you were riding Mike, Master Blaster style?

Frank,

AAR note was taken from last match. It was fixed, but since you just dropped a dime on us....

I'm going to have a nice little custom box/stool with <span style="font-style: italic">your name </span>all over it! LOL!

Changing to course of fire now to ensure it has to get used!
wink.gif

Steve,

You know it brother! Thx for the support! Any chance of you coming down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S. Kay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank,

AAR note was taken from last match. It was fixed, but since you just dropped a dime on us....

I'm going to have a nice little custom box/stool with <span style="font-style: italic">your name </span>all over it! LOL!

Changing to course of fire now to ensure it has to get used!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Who loves you Man, I will use the box with honor, but don't expect me to carry it, I want the ROs to have it waiting for me
smile.gif

Don't forget to send in dues by July 1st. I almost did. Glad a buddy brought it up in conversation or I would have been screwed. I had honestly forgot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Who loves you Man, I will use the box with honor, but don't expect me to carry it, I want the ROs to have it waiting for me
smile.gif

</div></div>

Rogan can be your little servant boy all weekend. LOL! He can carry your gear and you can order him around while we throw water bottles at him!