• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 K&M Precision Rifle Comp **RESULTS & PHOTOS**

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
K & M Precision Rifle Training is proud to host the “2012 K & M Precision Rifle Competition”. With input from the top competitors around the country, combined with first class training facilities this event will be one of the premier long range precision matches of the year. Recently added to the 2012 Precision Rifle Series it fills a regional void for those wishing to compete at the highest level without traveling west.

This will be a high tempo match with minimal “down time” between stages. The course of fire will test and train disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1000yds at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets. Targets size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. All scoring will be transparent, balanced and fall within the Precision Rifle Series guidelines in order to reward the most consistent shooters. The competition will require 175 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below. COF will be made public at the start of the competition on Saturday at 7:00am.

See our website for more information about us, our training and facility.

www.kmprecisionrifletraining.com

<span style="font-weight: bold">TIMELINE (CST)
</span>Friday, 2 March 2012 – Competition Train-up – Competitor Zero Range Open
7:00 am Train-up begins
3:00 pm Train-up complete
3:00pm-until dark 100yd zero range open for competitors to confirm zero

Saturday, 3 March 2012 – Match Day 1
7:00am Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am Match Starts
6:00pm Day 1 complete

Sunday, 4 March 2012 – Match Day 2
7:30am Day 2 starts
3:00pm Match Ends
3:30pm Awards/prize table

<span style="font-weight: bold">REGISTRATION</span>
PRECISION RIFLE SERIES MEMBERS ONLY REGISTRATION BEGINS: 10:00am(CST), 9 January 2012
OPEN REGISTRATION BEGINS: 10:00am(CST), 10 January 2012
Registration will be done on a first come first serve basis; the match will be limited to 60 competitors. PRS competitors will receive priority registration. Send ONE email to [email protected] with the subject “K&M PRC Registration” then your full name, contact information and if you would like to sign up for the train-up. Do not send a registration email earlier than 10:00am (CST) on the above dates. Emails received earlier then 10:00am (CST) will be ignored and multiple emails will be bumped to the back of the list. You will receive a confirmation or waitlist email shortly thereafter. Match payment will be due no later than 1 February. Wait listed personnel will be contacted if slots open.

<span style="font-weight: bold">COST</span>
$250 per Competitor (includes match shirt, refreshments all weekend and lunch on Saturday)

<span style="font-weight: bold">TRAIN-UP</span>
A one day, eight hour K&M Competition Train-Up Course will be offered to competitors on Friday, 9 March from 7am to 3pm. The course will review basic fundamentals and rapidly transition to range exercises and drills commonly seen in today’s precision rifle competitions. The K&M staff will provide professional mentorship and hands on instruction to improve your baseline performance for the competition. The train-up will utilize the entire K & M Training Facility but will not practice any event in a manner that will provide them an advangtage during the competition. Additionally participants can expect to gather data from 100-1000yds, engage moving targets, and take advantage of multitude range props and targets to further progress in their training. Train-up and Match fee cost is $425.

<span style="font-weight: bold">FACILITY</span>
The match will be held on K&M’s Precision Rifle Training Facility in Baker, Florida. Competitors must be prepared to carry all equipment at least 1500 yards throughout the day. Trailer and tent camping will be available for $25 a night. Cost includes full access to the pavilion’s showers, restrooms and kitchen. Please reserve camping slots when registering for the match. See web site for more information.

<span style="font-weight: bold">HOTELS</span>
Below are a few good hotels in Crestview FL – they are 30 minutes away from the range (approx 25-30 miles). There is plenty of fast food, restaurants and shopping near the hotels. Please stock up in town, there are not many services near the facility.

Country Inn & Suites Crestview
235 Rasberry Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 306-2020

Econo Lodge
3101 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 682-6255

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
125 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 398-8100

Hampton Inn
3709 South Ferdon Boulevard, Crestview, FL
(850) 689-2378

Jameson Inn
151 Cracker Barrel Road, Crestview, FL
(850) 683-1778

<span style="font-weight: bold">AIRPORTS</span>
Northwest Florida Regional Airport (Ft Walton Beach) - 45 miles
Pensacola International Airport (Pensacola) – 60 miles

t-shirt_sponsors_12_color_transparent.png

Re: 2012 K & M Precision Rifle Competition - 3-4 March

You know you can count on Impact Data Books brother!!

I am sure me Rob and I will be coming to play!!

Congrats and thanks for making another match happen!

Big T,

Thanks man! PM sent. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

It's going be an awesome match!

Shannon, congrats on launching K+M PR Training and the Matches. Was a pleasure meeting you at BM's place. Looking forward to supporting you all.

Good luck with the match Shannon but I won't be able to make it. I have EMT refresher from March 5-9. Will definitely try for next year though.

This is great news for the Tactical Community, another excellent venue being put together by a serious shooter.

I spoke to Shannon this week and I am looking forward to checking it out.

2012 is going to be a big year for Tactical Shooters !

Great News!

I will be sending an email on the 10th hope to get it.

Thanks for putting this on

Excellent.

Awwwwwwwwwwsome!

Thanks Shannon and Bryan for taking this on. I personally know how much work it entails and we appreciate you giving it an effort. Those of us in the community already know both of you and have total faith that this will be an excellent shoot.

I'm going to find some ammo, get some time off, put my big boy drawses on and try to make the roster cut.

......and by the way, to those out there that were concerned about PRS capable competitions east of the Mississippi, I predicted that the issue would solve itself soon. I think the K&M Competition is just one of several that will be on the radar screen before long.

Good luck with this Shannon. I look forward to seeing you and Bryan soon.

Best,
Terry

Outstanding...another comp in the S.E. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Ed

Thank you Shannon & Bryan for making this happen.

Will send an E-mail on the 10th hoping to get in.

Until then--be safe and good shooting.

Regards

Mark

Thank you all for the encouragement! The amount of support from the sponsors and community is very humbling to Bryan and me. We are working hard to set the bar very high!

We would also like to announce that one of our sponsors, Delta Outdoorsman is sponsoring one free slot to the match. We want to find that shooter who otherwise couldn’t attend such a large match, give them a slot and minimize the cost for them. Ceylon from DeltaOutdoorsman.com offered up the idea and I think it is a great way to give back. It wasn’t long ago that I was in the same situation and members of this community did the same for me. So I can’t help but embrace such an awesome idea. The winner will be able to shoot the match, shoot the train-up and stay in the bunk house for free.

So what we are looking for is a younger shooter or military/LE type that hasn’t quite the means, to send a small bio to [email protected]. In the bio give us your 5 W’s and why you think Delta Outdoorsman should sponsor you. All submissions will be sent to Ceylon and he will decide who the winner is and announce it on this thread. Have your bios sent in no later than 1 Jan 2012. We’ll announce the winner by 7 January. You must be at least 18 years old.

I think I’m pretty close to meeting Ceylon’s intent but reserve the right for him clear up anything I screwed up! He should be up here shortly.

Awesome idea guys! That will make a lucky shooter very happy.

Really looking forward to this match. You can count on the PMG crew being there.

What a great idea! Doesn't surprise me about Ceylon, if you've ever done business with him you would know what kind of a person he is.

That is a great idea Ceylon. Looking forward to seeing everyone down in FL.

range facility and class|competitions look great! Way to go guys! Now, just got to try and scrape some $$$ together to see if I can go get my butt kicked! LOL
Thanks for all you guys hard work!

Shannon & Bryan,
It was great shooting with you at the RO Bash, even though neither of you liked my brake. Ill be putting my name in for this one! Hope I make the cut.
Jim

I really wish I could make this one guys, it's going to be great. Unfortunately, I have a charity ball that we've committed to. Good luck to the competitors.

JP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really wish I could make this one guys, it's going to be great. Unfortunately, I have a charity ball that we've committed to. Good luck to the competitors.

JP</div></div>

Maybe that 4WD Lexus Mud Hauler will perform better at the Charity Ball!
smile.gif

Is there any possibility for participation of foreign shooters ?
Where I can get exact technical requiremets and limitations ?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maksa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any possibility for participation of foreign shooters ?
Where I can get exact technical requiremets and limitations ?

Thanks </div></div>

Maksa,
Anyone is welcome to participate. Please send either Shannon on Bryan an email via their website with any questions you may have.

www.kmprecisionrifletraining.com

I am looking forward to trying and make the roster as well. Sounds like it is going to be a great match and a good reason to head south and get out of the cold a little.

JamieD

AI Stocks and Accessories

I'm definately going ot try and get in on this one.

Small update the weekend before registration –

Please follow the above guidelines if you want to get into the match. It is going to fill up fast and we will do our best to get back to you by email and on this thread by Monday the 16th. You should hear back from us either way, whether you made it in or not. If you didn’t get in, you will be given a wait list number. If you plan on shooting the train up, let us know in your registration email.

The DeltaOutdoorsman entries have been received and I will get with them and announce the lucky winner by the 16th as well.

A lot has change for the better since we announced the match and we are working hard on the new place. We are very excited to hear your feedback on the match and on the facility come March!

We should be adding some new sponsors soon as well. Contact us if missed you and you are interested in sponsoring the match.

Good luck guys!

K&M PRC Match Registration Kyle Ouzts 13515 N.Locust St. Dexter MO. 63841 573-258-0770 or 573-624-8682

Re: 2012 K & M Precision Rifle Competition - 3-4 M

Sent.....
Good luck everyone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">K&M PRC Match Registration Kyle Ouzts 13515 N.Locust St. Dexter MO. 63841 573-258-0770 or 573-624-8682 </div></div>

Shootdoc!!!
You register by email at [email protected], not here.
Hope you see this quick and send the email!

sent mine in shortly after 11am est this morning

benjie

Sent mine this morning.
Benji
Hope we both make it in. Would be great to shoot with you again.

thanx lucks, kinda new at this navigating the hide thing. didn't check mail til noon, but maybe it wasn't too late....... hope to see ya there

Offical reply in a week or so but The PRS guys that sent emails in today will make it in.

Very, and mean very few slots open for non-PRS guys tomorrow, so please get your emails on time.

Expect an update here and by email soon.

Shannon

scott

sounds good i am looking forward to this match

thanks again guys for putting this on

sure is nice to have this up and running here in Florida

Some guys are having trouble with emails bouncing back. Make sure you cut and paste it correctly. Sometimes the characters are getting corrupted.

[email protected]

I will be training in the field until tomorrow afternoon. If you have trouble we'll fix it then.

Good luck!

My email just went out at 1001 CST so hopefully I'll snag a slot.