• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 2012 Palo Alto F-Class/Prone Season- Louisiana

RStewart

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
SE Louisiana
January 7th we will kick off the 2012 matches at Palo Alto in Donaldsonville, Louisiana. They will be held the 1st Saturday of each month. Registration begins at 7:30 AM with first rounds downrange around 8:30 AM.

Re: 2012 Palo Alto F-Class/Prone Season- Louisiana

`Workin on that magic load right now Rick , lol

See you there ")

Haven't worked on any loads yet, i figure i'll stick with some 168gr FGMM that i got a boatload of for Christmas for this match, but then i'll probably be loading some 178 Amax's for future matches.

Looking forward to actually shooting this time!

Ill be out there as soon as I can ship my stuff to Ritten and my stock comes in. Also, waiting on my call from the scope group buy here. Im going to try to make both the FPR and regular F class stuff with my new gun once its built. Ill have a removable brake now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill be out there as soon as I can ship my stuff to Ritten and my stock comes in. Also, waiting on my call from the scope group buy here. Im going to try to make both the FPR and regular F class stuff with my new gun once its built. Ill have a removable brake now. </div></div>

Good deal! FPR cranks back up in March.

are any of these Registered NRA Midrange matches ? 300/500/600y ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAFUBAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are any of these Registered NRA Midrange matches ? 300/500/600y ? </div></div>

The monthly Prone/Mid-Range matches are fired at 600 yards and are NRA approved matches.

Will there be any 2 day matches. Its a 10 hour drive for me. I would like to come down if there is any 2 day shoots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will there be any 2 day matches. Its a 10 hour drive for me. I would like to come down if there is any 2 day shoots </div></div>

We have the Regional Match, which is currently slated for the first weekend of May, and the State Match, which is currently slated for the first weekend of October. They are both 2 day matches.

Its crazy how nervous i'm getting for this match.

I have a good solid 100yd zero (never gotten to shoot past 100 sadly) on the rifle with the match ammo i'm going to shoot, and have done up all my come up sheets in my data book and on my ballistic app, but i guess like they say you'll never know until you do it...can't wait to get out there...as long as i can put it on paper and not get shut down for not getting on target i'll be ecstatic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its crazy how nervous i'm getting for this match.

I have a good solid 100yd zero (never gotten to shoot past 100 sadly) on the rifle with the match ammo i'm going to shoot, and have done up all my come up sheets in my data book and on my ballistic app, but i guess like they say you'll never know until you do it...can't wait to get out there...as long as i can put it on paper and not get shut down for not getting on target i'll be ecstatic. </div></div>

We've all been there. lol.

Sounds like you're ready to go. If you have a good 100 yard zero, you'll be fine.

im going to be out there with the wife. not shooting unfortunately but watching. Probably going to enter a bunch this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in to shoot up some target stands and dirt! </div></div>
laugh.gif

Hehe.... You ain't right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its crazy how nervous i'm getting for this match.

I have a good solid 100yd zero (never gotten to shoot past 100 sadly) on the rifle with the match ammo i'm going to shoot, and have done up all my come up sheets in my data book and on my ballistic app, but i guess like they say you'll never know until you do it...can't wait to get out there...as long as i can put it on paper and not get shut down for not getting on target i'll be ecstatic. </div></div>

You'll do just fine. Ole' Chaser will be there calling the line to help you out if you need it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im going to be out there with the wife. not shooting unfortunately but watching. Probably going to enter a bunch this year. </div></div>

Bring some eye and ear protection and you can spend some time in the pits, if you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mickeyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in to shoot up some target stands and dirt! </div></div>
laugh.gif

Hehe.... You ain't right. </div></div>

Hopefully, he'll stay on his own target. lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im going to be out there with the wife. not shooting unfortunately but watching. Probably going to enter a bunch this year. </div></div>

Bring some eye and ear protection and you can spend some time in the pits, if you want. </div></div>

I did that last time, just came, watched, learned and ended up working the pits. It was still a good time and now i know what to expect when i go this weekend.

yeah im a member of palo alto. been in the pits before. lots of fun!!! want to hang out ask questions get some pointers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mickeyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in to shoot up some target stands and dirt! </div></div>
laugh.gif

Hehe.... You ain't right. </div></div>

Hopefully, he'll stay on his own target. lol! </div></div>

I haven't done that <span style="font-weight: bold">yet.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah im a member of palo alto. been in the pits before. lots of fun!!! want to hang out ask questions get some pointers. </div></div>

With so many people using nicknames, don't always know who is who.
See ya Saturday!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40% chance of rain is the bummer
frown.gif
</div></div>

Unless its pouring down, we still shoot.

Count me in! I gotta break in the new Nightforce mickeyb made me get!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROCKETMAN1313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in! I gotta break in the new Nightforce mickeyb made me get! </div></div>

Nice, you ended up getting it after all eh! Been eyeing one pretty badly myself, but i think my wife would kill me if i bought it right now.

I snuck it through the back door when the wife wasn't looking. Thats the only way I can own one!LOL

That's how you do it Rocketman , then say I BEEN HAVING THAT
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROCKETMAN1313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in! I gotta break in the new Nightforce mickeyb made me get! </div></div>
I have been told that I was a bad influence.

Philt1 said:
That's how you do it Rocketman , then say I BEEN HAVING THAT
wink.gif

[/quote

Cleaning rifles in the shed works for me every time.....
Walk 2 out to the shed and then 3 back to the safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40% chance of rain is the bummer
frown.gif
</div></div>

Unless its pouring down, we still shoot. </div></div>

cry.gif

You do know that I am a fair weather shooter right?
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mickeyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40% chance of rain is the bummer
frown.gif
</div></div>

Unless its pouring down, we still shoot. </div></div>

cry.gif

You do know that I am a fair weather shooter right?
cool.gif
</div></div>

Among other things. Ccc

unfortunately some last minute family stuff and some owed "honey-dos" were hung over my head today so i doubt i'll make it out to this months shoot
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unfortunately some last minute family stuff and some owed "honey-dos" were hung over my head today so i doubt i'll make it out to this months shoot
sick.gif
</div></div>

Sorry you didn't make it. Weather was very cooperative and had 34 shooters on the line. Maybe next month!
Rick

i hope so too, i'm really looking forward to actually putting some lead down range. Been looking forward to it for awhie, but i finally got the gear for the job and just gotta get out there!

BTW...Rocketman and Phil, how'd you guys do?

very nice day for. showed up late and left around 1130. lots of nice rigs.

Dint Make it CajunAR, I woke up 4:30 AM ( 2 hr ride for me )and was looking at the weather , i decided not to make the shoot with a heavy fog advisory and possible rain - but as stated it was a nice day to shoot .

Shawn (Rocketman) called and said i should have made it (dam weather man )
I'll show for next hopefully
I have to work in bad weather conditions all the time im not going to shoot in it/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope so too, i'm really looking forward to actually putting some lead down range. Been looking forward to it for awhie, but i finally got the gear for the job and just gotta get out there!

BTW...Rocketman and Phil, how'd you guys do?</div></div>

Just donated my money again!HA Had a wonderful time. I really enjoy how the matches are ran like a well oiled machine and safety is top priority with Rick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROCKETMAN1313</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CajunAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope so too, i'm really looking forward to actually putting some lead down range. Been looking forward to it for awhie, but i finally got the gear for the job and just gotta get out there!

BTW...Rocketman and Phil, how'd you guys do?</div></div>

Just donated my money again!HA Had a wonderful time. I really enjoy how the matches are ran like a well oiled machine and safety is top priority with Rick. </div></div>

If I remember correctly, you only missed 2nd place Master/Master Unclassified by 1 point! Not bad!
Rick

I'd like to thank Rick for all his hard work at that match. You all really make folks new to the sport feel welcome. Hope to see you all again in the near future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to thank Rick for all his hard work at that match. You all really make folks new to the sport feel welcome. Hope to see you all again in the near future. </div></div>

Well said!!

Do you need to be a member to shoot at the Comp?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredo0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you need to be a member to shoot at the Comp? </div></div>

No sir. You do not have to be a member to shoot a match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mickeyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredo0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you need to be a member to shoot at the Comp? </div></div>

No sir. You do not have to be a member to shoot a match. </div></div>

Although encouraged, you also do not have to be a NRA member.

Are there any restrictions? Suppressors? Brakes?
Is it on the website?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredo0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any restrictions? Suppressors? Brakes?
Is it on the website? </div></div>

Yes there are restrictions. Suppressors and brakes are not allowed in F-class. However, from March until October we also run a Field Precision Rifle match on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Rules for it are posted in the Tactical Match forum on here.
Or PM me with an email address and I'll get you the rules for both.
Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fpr needs to get going again!! my 260 is feeling negelected with only 2 matches under her belt lol </div></div>

2012 FPR season begins in March. Looking forward to it, too.