• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 PPRS, Eliz. city NC 18 Feb RESULTS POSTED

flatlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
2012 Pasquotank Precision Rifle Shootout
To Benefit the Cystic Fibrosis

Well the 2012 Pasquotank Precision Rifle Shootout to benefit Cystic Fibrosis research is in the books.
In the invocation the message presented was that even though we were all there to have fun and compete, we collectively were helping a larger cause which is to cure Cystic Fibrosis, so we can't say enough how much we enjoyed having everyone out to support this event.

I would also like to extend a huge thanks to our sponsors and donors. We had so many this time that everyone was able to get something off the prize table.

So here are the results:

Team Score

Bravo 351 Gimmellie/Drake
Oscar 341 Adams/Ward
Hotel 324 Holsenback/Martin
Golf 285 South/Lee
Sierra 274 Graham/Aycock
Echo 266 Hardesty/Evans
Alpha 264 Hood/Smith
Charlie 240 Felton/Matthews
Whiskey 211 Morley/Stigers
Tango 206 Thompson/Ledbetter
foxtrot 193 Pohuski Clan
Romeo 190 Faulk/Soutter
Delta 188 Victor/Rosner
Papa 165 Amerman/Roy
India 145 Schnee/Rogers
Lima 142 Todd/Waters
Juliet 116 Smith/Kosaka
Kilo 76 Pickett/Copeland
Mike 71 Robinson/Phillips

DNF
November 323 McPhee/Tobias

Thanks to our sponsors for their generous support and donations
<span style="color: #000099">
Bushnell
Impact Data Books
Big Dog Steel
Thunder Beast Arms
Barnes Precision</span>
Storm tactical
L8N Tactical
Southwest Ammunition
Bohoss Engineering

Donors
Bass Rentals
Law Office of Antoan Whidbee (establishing NFA trust for North Carolina residents

Ann and Willard Simpson for use of the land

Eddie Hyman and Wayne Corbett for the meal

Video link 2012 PPRS Video

Link to Pictures (these are being added by several of the staff, so keep checking back)
2012 Pasquotank Precision Rifle Shootout

Last edited:
Re: 2012 PPRS, Elizabeth City NC 18 Feb 2012

I shot this match last year and had a blast. they did a great job and its for a good cause so be sure to check it out if you can.

Tag.

And thanks for listing the location in the thread name, very helpful.

Looking forward to the match my partner sent the application and fees today. I missed it last year and heard everyoine comment on how great it was so there was no way I was going to miss the 2012 match

Registration going out in the mail tonight. I will need a team mate.

This was a great match last year. Very well run and for a great cause.

I am proud to be one of the ROs for this match and will be running one of the stages.
Whoever is going to this match is going to be a GREAT time and it is for a good cause.

Got my confirmation e-mail. I am in. See ya all in Feb
laugh.gif

<span style="text-decoration: underline">If</span> LRF's are not allowed, will target ranges be published in each stage brief or, will accurate target dimensions be given along with prep time to mil them?

LRF's "MIGHT" be allowed on certain stages, still considering.

If we decide to allow them I'll send all the competitors an email stating this.

Stay tuned

Todd

9 teams are confirmed to date.

Would love to reach the max number of 25 teams before Dec 1

Stage construction starts back over Thanksgiving.

We really appreciate everyone's support and will make this match more exciting than the last.

Thanks

It is team based in that both members have to shoot at the same distance and same size target (not the same target).

Some of the past competitors can chime in, but the majority of the teams ran had one person shoot the other call the shots, then switched. Each stage dictated their method

TB

Guys, this is a great match that is alot of fun. I shot here last year and as long as they keep having one, i dont plan on missing one( and i drove @ 9 hours to get there) Plus this is for a great cause. I always hear tactical long gunners wanting more matchs to shoot, so step up and sign the form and lets make this happen.

This looks like a lot of fun, hopefully I will not be underway.

Looking forward to the match and possibly running my new TB 30BA on the rifle

checking the schedule tomorrow, hoping i have nothing going on. i would love to get over there for it.

Tag...would need a partner, though.

Any more info about the course of fire? I am curious about how rapidly we'll be shooting / reloading. The rifle I am likely to use does not have a detachable mag.

I now have 2 shooters with no partners yet. If interested PM me and I'll pass along their info so you can contact.

The course of fire is based on accuracy, not volley of precision fire. We will limit the number of rounds each shooter can fire per stage. Example, you won't be given x number of targets and x number of minutes to hit them. You will be given x number of targets per stage and no more than 2 rounds per shooter per target, minutes will be turned in seconds. There will be plenty of time to range, set up, ask questions, etc. But this will be clearly explained by each RSO at each stage.
We will have one CBS and of course you only get one round. Most stages will have 5 to 7 targets and one stage will have 9.

The night shoot will have no less than 5 but no more than 8.

The WX for NE North Carolina can be crazy in Feb. Sometimes it's in the 50's and sunny, other times a Nor'Easter blows in off the ocean and it will be 25 degrees with winds up to 25 knots making you wonder how a bullet can move so far off target at 500 yards.

But we've got plenty of Hot choclate, wood and burn barrels.

Todd

Is there room for 2 more shooters in the match?

That is correct. Pistol and rifle needed.

Holsters must have rentention

Update as of Jan 15, we now have 5 spots left. If you have requested a registration and I have sent you one, please get it to me as soon as possible. The next 5 paid registrations I get back will round out the field.

Also want to thanks the additional sponsors we have added.

Bushnell and Southwest Ammunition

S<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kirbstyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being new to shooting competitions can I just come and watch to see how it's all done? </div></div>

You are more than welcome to come.

We'll be cooking some pig for lunch/early dinner so come to have lunch and stay for the night shoot.

The address for your GPS is 991 Four Mile Desert Rd, Hertford, NC

Flatlander
Just wondering - Are you sending out a course of fire before the event?

I may send out a few details. Something in particular you are looking for?
smile.gif

Nothing specific. Some matches send out a course of fire or an overview of stages ahead of time. If we see any notes before hand we factor that into our prep. If not, we practice for a variety of possible scenarios. Just thought I'd ask.

Looking forward to the event! We like to shoot at night!

Match is full when the next registration is rec'd.

Well I have 1 team slot left and for those 12 I've sent registrations to, you might want to be the guy that gets his back before the others.

FlatLander...

Will this be a spectator friendly event (waiver signature not a problem)? We had team registration complications and my team mate has plans for the 18th. Even though Im not able to shoot, I'd like to come be a spectator if its not full of incredibly wide-spread shooting positions.

Would like to take pictures, shoot the shit, ect ect....

spectators are welcome to come out.

Hope to see you there

Todd

Todd, any reason for a team to bring/pack a spotting scope?

Hi Todd- I plan to spectate, help you eat the hog, make a donation to the CFF, and I'll be glad to help out if you need a hand with anything.

Pack and spotting scope are optional. But a minimum you will be 1 mile from your car. So whatever you think you'll need, you should be prepared to hump it.

Re: 2012 PPRS, Eliz. city NC 18 Feb '12 **MATCH FULL*

What was the final decision on rangefinders? Worth making room in the pack for one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the final decision on rangefinders? Worth making room in the pack for one? </div></div>
Sorry, no range finders...
Looking forward to seeing you tommorow.
Can you please bring your spotting scope?
I don't have a demo unit to show off and would love to be able to just point towards yours.
There will be a gift certificate for a L8N Tactical Spotting Scope Cover on the prize table.

On site setting up right now.
This is going to be a great match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the final decision on rangefinders? Worth making room in the pack for one? </div></div>
Sorry, no range finders...
Looking forward to seeing you tommorow.
Can you please bring your spotting scope?
I don't have a demo unit to show off and would love to be able to just point towards yours.
There will be a gift certificate for a L8N Tactical Spotting Scope Cover on the prize table.

On site setting up right now.
This is going to be a great match!</div></div>

Sure thang. Kyle picked up a Bushnell, maybe he can get the scope cover off the prize table for it.

Well boys, I just made it to the house. I had to stop and take a power nap.

For those that didn't get to attend this event, you missed out. This event was pretty challenging for most. The chow was good (as expected). Our hosts were very gracious. Thanks to all of the folks behind the scene that helped make things run as smooth as they did.

Tim Ward and myself had NO IDEA that we were even in the top ten let alone 2nd place. WOW what a surprise. We never counted any points, we were just concentrating on shooting good.

But of course I had a top secret optic from the Nightforce guys. Ya see, they are working on this X-ray capable version for the Navy SEALs and since I am one of their biggest customers they asked me to put this scope thru it's paces against some of the best shooters on the East Coast. I could actually see thru the plywood 9 hole barricade. No shit. Just ask the RO that witnessed it. Now if the could only incorporate some NV capabilities into it the shooting community would have the BADDEST scope known to man.

Now, all bullshitting aside, we all had a great time. It was more like a social event with some serious shooting thrown into the mix. I am penciling this event into my schedule for next time and y'all should too.

Those of you that were playing the role of photo journalist, y'all need to post up some pictures. I brought a point and shoot but never took it out of my pack.

Until next time, this is Dennis_in_VA signing off.

Congrats to my Teammates Tony and Kevin on the win. Good job guys!