• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk 2012 PRS Finale Video

Yep. This was when it was more about training and/or mimicking real life more so than being a game. While it was still a game, that was the on the lesser side of importance. Though it was evolving. It’s still awesome now and an absolute ton of the “gamer” stuff that comp shooters came up with is now being taught to mil/LE shooters.

At that time, I was transitioning to a new LE agency and didn’t have time to shoot like I did before and now do again. But would love to see some matches get back to this.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
It would certainly be cool if they could mix in a stage or two like these every so often in matches. Seems like you would need a pretty large range to mimic the setup in the video.

It would certainly be cool if they could mix in a stage or two like these every so often in matches. Seems like you would need a pretty large range to mimic the setup in the video.

Part of the issue now is the crowd size vs safety.

Back when 30-50 was a big crowd, and everyone knew everyone/pretty serious safety, it wasn’t a big deal to have your pistol on your hip and climb a cargo net with your rifle.

Now with crowds in the 1-200+, the math pretty much says someone will sweep/flag someone with a muzzle. And that increases the chance for a serious and/or fatal accident.

Most of those people don't shoot competitively anymore, and they were good peeps.

That is at Rifles Only. While it was fun to shoot off that cargo net to a certain extent, it was a safety issue for the shooters as well in the end.

Rifles only = mag out to move
According to all the pod casts. I really hope to make it down there to train.

RO is mag out even when moving from one position on a barricade to another.

Rifles Only is where I learned to shoot far almost 17 years ago. Jacob has taught many of the teachers of today.

Those were indeed the “good old days”. Fun matches, great people, good whiskey.
Some fun times on that net.....even after the match. And the O Course....hated that thing.
Stan The Man made an appearance in there. RIP brother. We miss you.
Doc

It's interesting looking how the gear has changed.
No tripods, no game changer bags, virtually no chassis, 99% Harris bipods.

I bet you don't see that many USO scopes at events today.
Wonder what cartridges most were shooting.

Reactions: mm509
That is a great video. Love watching the old match videos. So much different than today. Jacob did a good recap on them in Frank's podcast.