• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2012 Season, so far...

Skg_Mre_Lght

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 14, 2010
    WY, USA
    I got this Speed Goat opening day, with my youngest son...I had my eye on a trophy buck, but I stalked this one and he is a good buck.

20121001_0657591_zps339a8a24.jpg

A few days later, we cruised up to the in-law's cattle ranch. My oldest son, the wife and I (the youngest wanted to hang out with grandparents at the ranch house)found two bulls traveling in the "rough section". This was the bigger one, he is a 5X5.

20121007_150638_zps83884f29.jpg

I still have a Muley, a whitetail and a cow/calf tag to go.

Enjoy, guys!

Re: 2012 Season, so far...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like fun! What did you take them with? </div></div>

The goat was with that Remington 700 in .308.

The bull was with my old Ruger 7mm Mag. I normally elk hunt with a .300 RUM, but we were honestly after Antelope, so I packed my 7 Mag up with me to head to the ranch that day. The Bull took three 160 grain TSX handloads to the vitals before he laid down. We spotted them about 600 yards away on a ridgeline, so I dumped my 140 GameKings, and threw in the 160 bullets I keep on the stock. We cut them off about a mile further down the rough section, and I got within 300 yards of both bulls before I made the shot.

Re: 2012 Season, so far...

Very cool! What stock do you have the remington in?