• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 SHOT

Chiller

Minuteman
  • Dec 18, 2008
    Sole resident of Mt. Crumpit.
    Will Be clicking and adding these as time permits

AI to start the game off.

t5k29t.jpg

2413z9y.jpg

14acsgh.jpg

i1zj12.jpg

1054d8o.jpg

Re: 2012 SHOT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a built in LRF? </div></div>

No, my understanding is the lit reticle is powered by a CR123a now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a built in LRF? </div></div>

No, my understanding is the lit reticle is powered by a CR123a now. </div></div>

yes

I've seen pics of the Henny before, it looks to be one very interesting scope. Possibly the best of everything, but it will be hard to know until I can get my hands on one.

One interesting thing I didn't see until this round of pictures is the US Optics patent on the turret, so this Hensoldt will have the MTC knobs or at least the one in the pics appears to.

And CCW knobs for the Americans!

Everything is truly a work of art. Did they say what sort of time frame it would be until the new designs would start shipping?

That hensoldt scope looks great. Very clever turret indicator, and 18 mils per turn, 36 total!. The CR123a battery should help in very low temperatures.

Does anybody have a picture of the available reticles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That hensoldt scope looks great. Very clever turret indicator, and 18 mils per turn, 36 total!. The CR123a battery should help in very low temperatures.

Does anybody have a picture of the available reticles? </div></div>

Chillers mission today is to find out the answer to that question....but unless they've come up with something new(and pigs might fly at that thought) its going to be a Mildot, H37(yuck), or their NH1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That hensoldt scope looks great. Very clever turret indicator, and 18 mils per turn, 36 total!. The CR123a battery should help in very low temperatures.

Chillers mission today is to find out the answer to that question....but unless they've come up with something new(and pigs might fly at that thought) its going to be a Mildot, H37(yuck), or their NH1</div></div>

I had heard they were working on a new reticle, but it wouldn't surprise me if for SHOT they had a Horus in there for the display.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That hensoldt scope looks great. Very clever turret indicator, and 18 mils per turn, 36 total!. The CR123a battery should help in very low temperatures.

Chillers mission today is to find out the answer to that question....but unless they've come up with something new(and pigs might fly at that thought) its going to be a Mildot, H37(yuck), or their NH1</div></div>

I had heard they were working on a new reticle, but it wouldn't surprise me if for SHOT they had a Horus in there for the display. </div></div>

If its the H58 or H59, I think I could roll with that. The H37 is a crime against god in glass that good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That hensoldt scope looks great. Very clever turret indicator, and 18 mils per turn, 36 total!. The CR123a battery should help in very low temperatures.

I had heard they were working on a new reticle, but it wouldn't surprise me if for SHOT they had a Horus in there for the display. </div></div>

If its the H58 or H59, I think I could roll with that. The H37 is a crime against god in glass that good. </div></div>

Talked to a buddy whose there and looked at these. Nothing new in the reticle department right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you stopped by the Nightforce booth yet? I'm interested in what they got to show! </div></div>

From my buddy whose at SHOT... "The beast" 5-25 FFP, Euro glass not Japanese like before. Will have a little bit less elev adjustment (less than 25 Mil).

Only info so far.

Does anyone know, if the FN rifle 'ballista,' is going to be offered for sale to civvies, in the U.S. ?

FN purchased or has partnered with Unique Alpine, to offer this rifle for sale.

I contacted the correct people at FNH/USA about this rifle. Unfortunately, they must have assumed, I just finished playing an XBox game. FN, did not bother returning questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That hensoldt scope looks great. Very clever turret indicator, and 18 mils per turn, 36 total!. The CR123a battery should help in very low temperatures.

If its the H58 or H59, I think I could roll with that. The H37 is a crime against god in glass that good. </div></div>

I kinda get lost with all the horus reticles, but I hope they don't put a fishing net for reticle. For me, some additional marks are useful in a mil based christmas tree pattern, but the horus always strike as too much of a good thing, like and overdecorated tree...

Anyone dropped by S&B to get the scoop on the 3-20 and its release time frame?

Hensoldt reticle was a new one, similar to a TMR really, hashes at half mil and mil, and .2mil hashes on the outskirts. Looked good to go.

The FN rifle was MIA when I went by but last year it was just a modified Ultima Ratio. Don't know about civilian sales but I think someone is importing them.
    Justin

I talked to them a bit and the T3 sporter will be brought to the US in .260 and some other good calibers. Also there will be a left handed sporter.

For news not from Tikka themselves, a company out of Sweden is working on a mag that works with the T3 in long action calibers. (the T3 magwell is too short to use the AICS long mags). This means we'll be able to do a Whiskey-3 Chassis for them.

One of the coolest things I saw at the show was one of the chassis on a Sig SSG3k, it was from Australia and tricked out with a lot of well thought out features, and carbon fiber. I didn't get a pic but hopefully someone else did.

Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    One of the coolest things I saw at the show was one of the chassis on a Sig SSG3k, it was from Australia and tricked out with a lot of well thought out features, and carbon fiber. I didn't get a pic but hopefully someone else did.
    </div></div>

That sounds really interesting. Do you recall what the chassis was called?

I don't remember but I'll look for a link to a pic and post it. The price was obviously pretty high and they thought Sig might bring it into the US at a lower price point but sans some of the costlier bits.

The AX that has caliber interchangeability.

IMG_4909.jpg

Sig Sauer straight pull PSR entry?

SigPSR.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ralfabco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know, if the FN rifle 'ballista,' is going to be offered for sale to civvies, in the U.S. ?

FN purchased or has partnered with Unique Alpine, to offer this rifle for sale.

I contacted the correct people at FNH/USA about this rifle. Unfortunately, they must have assumed, I just finished playing an XBox game. FN, did not bother returning questions. </div></div>

While I did not ask an FN rep, I have noticed the Ballista is in both the Military/LE and Civilian sides of their 2012 product catalog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AX that has caliber interchangeability.

IMG_4909.jpg

Sig Sauer straight pull PSR entry?

SigPSR.jpg
    </div></div>

Good to see that Tac2 chassis get off the drawing board and into production. Going to need a shitload of ladder covers for all that rail though.

JJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Sig chassis is the one I was talking about but I guess it's for the Blaser not the SSG3k.</div></div>

Thanks anyway.

Blaser R8 is my favorite hunting rifle. And I wouldn't mind having a Blaser Tactical in that stock. But I'd rather have a similar chassis for the SSG 3000 since replacement barrels for the SSG 3000 are much cheaper than replacement barrels for the Blaser. (But from a PSR standpoint the Blaser makes a lot more sense since it is available in .300WM, .338LM and .308W.)

I'm just not getting some of these modular stocks that have about 100 different parts in the cheekpiece alone. I can't imagine how many things can get caught on those buttstock assemblies. Sometimes simple is better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolf6151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did Remington have to offer at the 2012 SHOT Show? </div></div>

mediocrity I imagine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolf6151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did Remington have to offer at the 2012 SHOT Show? </div></div>

mediocrity I imagine </div></div>

SPS Tacticals with AR 15 buttstocks and other craptastic features.

Only interesting thing is the .338 Lapua with a detachable mag. Not that I'd want one.