• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2012 Wyoming Antelope Adventure

Oregonmuley

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
Jennings Lodge, Oregon
Well, I just returned from my annual trip out to Wyoming to chase antelopes. I usually do this trip solo but this year I had fellow Sniper's Hide member Darren aka darrenk75b and his dad join me.

I had bought a rifle from Darren a couple years ago and we had kept in contact so I'd been pestering him to join me for a antelope hunt.

So everyones schedules worked out this year and we all met up in Kaycee last Sunday afternoon, did the meet-n-greet with the rancher and headed out hunting. First evening Darren's dad Del got a nice doe so things started off pretty good.

Monday morning it was time for Darren to find a good buck, it seemed that the area had way less antelope then I have seen in the past but we still got on a small bunch and put the stock on a nice buck. Darren made a perfect shot with his 6br and dropped his first antelope buck. The buck turned out to be nice and heavy, about 13 1/2" tall with good mass which is right at 7" and carries it on up. He also has the blackest face I've seen on a buck so anyway it was a fine morning!
Darren and his buck
003_zpsa8d252dc.jpg

Darren and his dad Del
009.jpg

So then it was my turn to try and score. We drove out to the other end of the ranch and where almost to the gate when we spotted some does we tried to put the sneak on. While trying to locate the does I noticed a buck running full speed towards the fence, he turned and ran in front of me and over the edge of a hill, stopped and ran some more but made the mistake of stopped one last time before dropping over the edge. So at about 280 yards I dropped him with my Kampfeld .243Win and our bucks tags where filled.
My buck is pretty much a twin of Darrens
011-5.jpg

They both have good mass.

001-6.jpg

A couple scenery pictures - Wyoming is a wonderful place, great people and always fun hunting. Even got to meet Scott aka Sendero_man and had lunch with him. Can't wait to get back there again.
019_zpsdc56fbe8.jpg

026_zpsc91e9640.jpg

Re: 2012 Wyoming Antelope Adventure

Good going and Awesome pics. I missed out this year. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Antelope hunting is a lot of fun, with long distance shots, stalking, and not much pressure.

Man Im jealous! I dont get to hunt speedgoats this year. But next year im gonna try for both MT and WY

Well, I was using 95 grain Fusion factory ammo - I know Karl Feldkamp cringes when I tell him I shoot that but man it shoots good out of that rifle. I think Darren was using 105 VLD handloads - they do nasty things to antelope I know that!!

Great job on those goats, glad you all got some good eating meat.

Gotta get back to Wyoming for goats. Its been 3 years since a buddy and I took goats around Douglas. WY is heaven on earth.

Looking forward to a speed goat trip out there myself in the next year, have been banking bonus points so it's a sure thing when the time comes...

Congrats! Both bucks look great and that landscape... man, how fantastic!!

Eric

Excellent!! I love to see people come out here and enjoy their self. Congrats on the nice buck.