• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

1b375

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
Georgia
The 2013 Mammoth Sniper Challenge will be January 4th-6th.

We have integrated a new division this year. The tough man division went over well last year, so this year we are having that division plus an Extreme Tough Man division.

All the details are on the website mammothsniperchallenge.com

The extreme tough man division winner will win a pair of matching rifles from Templar Tactical regardless of finish. If they win both the extreme division and tough man then they win the pair of Templar Tactical rifles plus the tough man prizes. If a team can pull out a match win from the extreme division then they would walk away with between $14,000.00-$15,000.00 in prizes(the pair of matching rifles from Templar Tactical, $2500.00 cash, JP Rifle and go to the prize table first).

The tough man division winner will win $2500.00 cash plus a JP Rifle and go to the prize table in the overall order of finish.

We have a huge prize table already with a lot more coming in. Al competitors will go to the prize table in overall finish order regardless of what division they shoot in.

The regular division competitors will have a chance to shoot an 8th stage on Saturday for a separate prize while everyone else is walking.

We hope to see everyone there. I will try to answer all questions about the divisions in a timely manner. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Re: 2013 Mammoth Sniper Challenge

So is that a 2'x2'x2' box per competitor or team? This could be very interesting in January!

Per Team, we are throwing the idea around about each team being able to have a 12" cooler with the box.

We will have water coolers on the trucks and 4 wheelers. Water will be accessible at anytime you need it.

Minor detail... the dates are incorrect on the website schedule. It has January 5-8 in the lower portion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the ETM competitors be able to have a fire in the camp areas?</div></div>
Good question

No fires, we will have a couple of burn barrels at the camping site.

There will be RO's with the competitors the entire time for safety issues.

Will the secondary shooter be able to get more points by shooting standing or kneeling like last year?

Any chance of changing the TM and ETM secondary weapon caliber restrictions to the same as Regular Division?

I only ask because we are already at a disadvantage in TM and with the addition of ETM we will be at even more of a disadvantage.

Leveling the playing field on the caliber restrictions makes it the same for all, while still separating those in the different divisions.

Just a thought, either way Im walking.

Oh and will the same rule apply about the first team to the next stage chooses the shooting order? Or is that gone?

Thanks much.

Are secondary rifles 5.56 to 308. Or 5.56 or 308 ? I read it 2 different ways but competing for he same top position.

The calibers will remain the same as listed. There has been no disadvantage in the past matches for the secondaries. The last Mammoth the top 3 finishers overall came out of the TM division and all were shooting 308 caliber as secondary. The furthest target for secondary last year was 550 yards and it was a 2.5 MOA target and it will not exceed 600 this year.

The TM and ETM tough man are competing for a lot more than the regular diviisions.

i may go extreme regular. camp and drive.

Not to get anyone's feathers in a ruffle but what's up with limiting the bullet weight to 200 grains??? 300 win mag shooters are mostly running .208 Amax or higher as in the 200grain plus choices out there. Why not just limit caliber without choosing which bullet weights? Any thought to opening the weight up to allow the win mags to compete with their full options?
Just my opinion the 200 gr limit unfairly targets the 300 win mag for no good reason. The steel holds up just fine to 200 grainers plus.

So I need a partner to try the Extreme tough man I can shoot a 300 mag for primary or .223spr for secondary I have a 308 bolt gun that I could use for secondary, but it's a top loader.
PM for more info icluding my creds.
-Adam

Looks like ill be back in the southeast in time to shoot this match. Looking forward to registration so I can get signed up and back shooting.

I live here in ky. Definately looking to shoot this. Gonna need a partner. I play a pretty descent precision rifle but could strum a carbine if nescesary. Pm me. Looking at the TM or ETM would like to get somebody close enough to do.some training with I have access to 400 yd all the.time and an occasional 1000 yd

I'm about 100mi north on I-65 and am thinking about it too...it'd be my first match ever and the sheer amount my ass would get kicked would be EPIC...

By the way. I use MOA not mils. I know that is like saying you're HIV positive but I can't help it. I can convert if I have to.

I may need a partner and would be fine running either rifle and yes I run a MOA Nightforce. I will PM you my contact info

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: backyardsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way. I use MOA not mils. I know that is like saying you're HIV positive but I can't help it. I can convert if I have to. </div></div>
LMAO that is really funny. Maybe not as bad as the high 5. More like the herpichancor

Ah come on what's wrong with moa? You might be the smelly kid in the class but you still have the same chance to get an A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Per Team, we are throwing the idea around about each team being able to have a 12" cooler with the box.

We will have water coolers on the trucks and 4 wheelers. Water will be accessible at anytime you need it. </div></div>

Awesome! Thank you!

JohnnyB. I see you're from KY and you're on team swag. You must shoot with Brian. I been talking to him about getting together and doin some training. I.shot with him.at ky regulators the other day.

Yep we have been shooting together for the past year. I'm always up for training so keep me updated. If your the guy he was trying to find a partner for, I might have a buddy wanting to shoot the etm. He is checking his schedule to see if he can make it.

Can we bring a caddie? Ya know, like Pro Golf. I'm thinking nothing says Extreme Tough Guy like having your own caddie to carry your gear. What do you think?

Only if you where the plaid pants and hat with the fuzzy ball on top.

Will the application show up on the website on the 15th and we email it in or do we mail it? I forgot what we did last time

Application will be on the website sometime the 15th. You mail it in.

Can normal toughman be solo shot?

Yes it can, and so can the extreme. The only thing is that the shooter must carry everything. He can either shoot one weapon in 308/233 or carry 2 weapons.

What would the one man team cost?

Same

You will be shooting in a team slot.

that's a really interesting challenge. just fumbling around with both guns and ammo on the clock would be a pretty big disadvantage, plus no partner to spot for you. plus i don't own a 308 anymore, so i'd have to shoot an AR15 again.

I never got a response back on this question. Will the secondary shooter be able to pick up more points by shooting standing or kneelig like last year? What the verdict?

The stages raw not drawn up yet. They will not be drawn up until November. Can't answer the question without stages drawn up.

No problem. I hope you configure it the same way. It made the match a lot more interesting last year. Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to the match

You never know what you weapon you may see on some of the stages this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of changing the TM and ETM secondary weapon caliber restrictions to the same as Regular Division?

I only ask because we are already at a disadvantage in TM and with the addition of ETM we will be at even more of a disadvantage.

Leveling the playing field on the caliber restrictions makes it the same for all, while still separating those in the different divisions.

Just a thought, either way Im walking.

Oh and will the same rule apply about the first team to the next stage chooses the shooting order? Or is that gone?

Thanks much. </div></div>
I agree, it would make sense for all classes to have the same weapon restrictions. Especially if you bumped up to an easier class.
Also, are the stages timed?
Thanks, Brandon

For the people in the extreme group will there be a place for them to camp the night before the match starts? Also will there be any restrictions on their coming and going once at the camp site in the evening? This will impact beer consumption and is of vital importance!!

Also this year on those stages that have LRF can we use our own or are we using one that is provided at the stage?

The extreme division will not be allowed to leave the camping area at night. Kinda defeats the purpose of the division.

There will not be a place to camp on the range the night before. You can camp beside the lodge.

Will the 2'x 2'x 2' box be at checkin on Friday for extreme, or do we have to carry everything the first day?