• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 FSC April 26-27 Ellensburg WA

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    Field Shooters Challenge: Spring, April 26 & 27

Shooters: 32

Round Count:100-250

Cost: $150 includes t-shirt

Caliber: Any Standard bolt face caliber, NO MAGNUMS!! (TRUST ME YOU WON'T NEED OR WANT ONE!)

*No Restriction on bolt or semi auto*

PREFACE:

This match was inspired by a combination of being a competitor/match director and long time basketball player. I have always loved the effort and emotions that are brought out by a tournament. I have noticed that to be a successful match shooter you need a combination of accuracy, efficiency, precision movements, and adaptation. This equates to being able to engage multiple targets from multiple distances, possibly from multiple positions. This is purely based on hosting/competing in many precision rifle matches (I have no military experience in this field, I just love shooting!).

COF:

Without further adieu I bring you FSC 2014 a Head to Head Match Tournament. To start things off there will be two rounds of shooting for seeding which will be roughly 2.5 min and 12-16 rds each. Seeding rounds will be followed by a seeded Head to Head double elimination tournament. Each round will consist of roughly 5 min and each shooter will fire 26 rounds. In each round you will fire from 4 different barricades and two different distances (between 250-700yards), each barricade will be at a different distance and different positions. Be prepared to shoot from rooftop, doghouse, sitting, kneeling, prone, or other adapted positions. Targets will be multiple sizes and have varied point values based on size and first round hits. Scoring for the seeding and head to head tourney will be based on targets hit. Ties will be decided based on fastest time to complete cof.

Based on the nature of this head to head shooting challenge, there will be two of everything built and targets will be designated by large colored cones to eliminate confusion. Participants will shoot at the same time and the winner moves on to continue the tournament. To make sure everyone has a chance to shoot a fair amount and give shooters the chance to come back from a bad round it will be a double elimination tournament. Even the shooter that is out after two rounds will shoot 78 rounds or more from other stages. The tournament will be true bracket style with 32 shooters. There will be 4 brackets seeded 1-8. The top four shooters in the seeding rounds will be the four number 1 seeds. Shooters 5-8 will be the number 2 seeds, 9-12 the number 3 seeds, etc... To win the tournament from the winners bracket it will take 7-8 wins, from the losers bracket 8-9 wins. The winner of the winners bracket will shoot against the winner of the losers bracket for the title. For the winner of the losers bracket to win the title he/she must beat the opponent two times.

Motivation:

This will minimally be a 50% payout tournament so with 32 shooters it will create a $2400 cash payout to the top 4 shooters. There will also be a prize table but will be based on how much we can get donated in the next 5 months (we already have commitments from Benchmark Barrels, JC Steel targets, Sage Flats Shooters, with more to come :)

Top Shooter will take home at least $1000 if there is 32 shooters.

Additional Events:

To make things more interesting we will also have two buy in stages that will also be 50% payout stages and there will be daily winners. There will be a minimum of 2 pay to play stages at $5 per attempt at a stage. Shooters will be allowed to shoot each stage up to 3x a day and winners will be determined at the end of the day. So if there are 30 attempts at a stage there will be a $75 prize. This will give you time to shoot more and make additional money! One stage will be a long range stage 800-1300yds, and the other will be an unidentified barricade under 800yds.

Donations: $1 of each entry fee from pay to play stages will go to Camp Patriot (My way of thanking of Carl Taylor for what he has done for camp patriot!! He and his event donate so much more in both time and money!)

Range Officers: Due to the fact it is hard to find range officers I will be giving the range officers of these two stages $1.50/shooter in there event. RO's are free to donate there earnings to Camp Patriot if they desire. Also Range Officers for the tournament will be paid $50/day (2 needed) which I know isn't much, but not bad for getting to watch some pretty awesome shooters competing!

Registration link will be open Feb 1 at 9am. ( I will put a link to the registration on here and it will go active at 9:00am, you will get an email notification of being in the match) After being accepted you will have 14 days to get you check in to me otherwise you will lose your spot.

If you have any questions feel free to post them on here.

Teamsendit, on Feb 1 Eatonville is having a match. Could you start registration on another day so alot of shooters won't be distracted with their cellphones during the Feb 1 match at 9:00?

Count me in Scott. Haven't really pulled a trigger in about a year. It'll be good to see the guys again and (hopefully) smack some steel.

Heck ya, sounds like some good times!

JC Steel will be there, and of course throw some targets on the prize table.

And, JC Steel will donate a 3x5 diamond target to every shooter, and all the RO's, and that tall goofy MD

Look forward to it.
    Count me in as well

In hopefully, I think.....probably... and a blast from the past...

I'd like to go! Count me in for now, please.

Can see this match being a blast ! Everyone rooting on the two people trying to win the stage, reminds me of the FSC shoot off between Jesse and Chad except this time the competitors are going at it at the same time.

Moving the sign in date would help or make it live at 7 P.M on Sat. I'm sure there will be a few who are shooting the UNSC match that would like to sign up including me lol.

Teamsendit, on Feb 1 Eatonville is having a match. Could you start registration on another day so alot of shooters won't be distracted with their cellphones during the Feb 1 match at 9:00?

What is the Feb 1st shoot in Eatonville?

Scott, sent you a text. Count me in +3. If you can make the Karstetter Memorial 6/14 it would be great to have you!!

Yeah, if saying "I'm in" gets you in, then "I'm in".

Otherwise I'll have to try and register after the Eatonville match when I can get good cell service.

match is full but I will leave the link for a waiting list to get in. If you want to come still sign up every year it seems like we lose at least 5 shooters in the last couple weeks.

Scott- any updates on approximate round count, or is it STILL in the 100-250 range? :eek: I'm going to be on vacation just before the shoot, and would like to try and have enough ammo loaded for the shoot and practice between now and then.

Thanks!

I'm excited for this match! Although I haven't practiced at all. And I'm shooting a 308.....

What time sign in Saturday?

Sheesh Marty! Do i need to come get your ass too?!? Following is from the email blast...

Saturday:
    9--10am registration
    10-10:20 Safety briefing and description of event
    10:30 First rounds down range and will be shooting until roughly 6pm (water will be onsite however bring a lunch if needed)

For those planning on staying in a motel in Eburg and haven't made any reservations, most/many of the motels are booked up with no rooms left. Don't know what the heck is going on in town, but not a hell of a lot available that I could find in the last day. I did stumble into one online mid today at Cedars Inn- but I'm cheep and didn't want to pay 100plus/nite at Best Western, (and my old back doesn't like rocks too well poking thru the sleeping bag pad :eek:

Last edited:
    Scott mentioned there are a couple spots still available for this match. Give him a call or PM to get a spot if you want to play!

Does anybody have the range address? I just got confirmed, but looks like I missed some emails. Looks like I need to book a hotel ASAP.

If anyone needs any AR500 Steel targets, let me know and I can bring them to Ellensburg to save some more for yall. Just let me know what you would like. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so let me know tonight and I will get you taken care of. Thanks!

Jake

If anyone needs any AR500 Steel targets, let me know and I can bring them to Ellensburg to save some more for yall. Just let me know what you would like. I am leaving tomorrow morning, so let me know tonight and I will get you taken care of. Thanks!

Jake

Hmmm... need or want or can afford. I've got a coffee can full of change- what will that get me Jake? ;)

If we get there early, can we get sighted in and check dope? I can be there at 8.30, and it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

Well I just got home it was an absolute whirlwind for me leaving at 4:45am Friday to head over and setup. Can't thank Eric Blais, Mike Wytko, Jake Vibbert and Marty Harris for helping me setup!! Huge thanks to the RO's and everybody that helped me through this crazy idea I had to have the first head to head precision rifle tournament. To say that it was entertaining to watch would be an understatement. It was for sure the most fun I have had as a match director getting to watch/cheer/heckle for all the shooters. I would love to go into more detail but I am wore out.

To all the shooters that were brave enough to come out and give it a try thank you for trusting me that we could make this new style work. I learned a lot on how to possibly improve things!

Almost forgot big thank you to Sunrise Tactical, JC Steel, Craig Dibble. These companies and individual were 100% unsolicited for prizes and just decided to bring some anyways for some of the shooters in attendance, Very Awesome of you guys!!

If there is enough demand for doing this style of match again I have taken some notes and have some new ideas on how to make it more fun from top to bottom!

Time to go pass out

Terrific match Scott -- I think the idea has proven itself. Let's do it again!

***** FREEKING AWESOME!!! *******

Those words only MARGINALLY begin to describe this event. I have never had so much fun at a shoot! It was awesome to be able to cheer, jeer, catcall, hoop, and holler as your friends shot against each other. Only wish I had a couple smoke grenades I could have popped to ... shall we say add to the increased stress levels of this head to head competition. Congratulations to Jeremy, Jake, and Eric, and to all shooters who competed. Thanks to the RO's for helping with the shoot, and to you folks that cancelled out, you missed out on a helluva fun shoot..

Scott, PLEASE MAKE THIS AN ANNUAL EVENT, but extend the COF to 1.5 days. ;)

Jake, after all we shared...why no phone call...

special thanks to the photographer/creative sumbeotchh who shall remain anonymous

Last edited: