• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 Rayner’s SE Ohio Fall Sniper Challenge Oct 31-Nov 2

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
O.K., here it comes again. Oct 31st through Nov 2nd. I just cut and pasted the info below from the previous match thread, but I'm sure it will be similar. Any changes will be announced in this thread. There will be 20 shooters per day for Saturday and Sunday. $50 match fee is due Oct. 1st.. Any cancellations after Oct 10 will not be refunded. If you already signed up after the last match you are GTG and no need to call back in. All match fees are dues right away to hold the slots that are spoken for. If not paid by Oct.1st., all unpaid slots are up for grabs to guys on the waiting list or day changes. This holding slots for no shows or two day notices of not coming keeps others from shooting this match.

Cost to shoot the match will be $ 50.00 (see note below as the match fee will increase next year). There will be trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd places (NO PRIZE TABLE). Start time will be 8:00 am. We are looking at about 20 stages. We are going to run a few stages timed like a pistol match. Most stages you will have 2 shots per target if needed. It looks as if the longest shot could be 1000 yards or so. Minimum of 45 shots and max of about 80. It will be shot in a one day format. All competitors will pre register for the match. They will be able to shoot the match either on a Saturday or a Sunday. The staff will shoot on Friday. It looks as if there will be a couple of different structures to shoot from incorporated into the match. Scoring will be 10 points for a first shot hit and 5 points for a 2nd shot hit. Competitors will walk and carry what ever they think they will need for the match. There will be a break for lunch. There will be no spotters. We will call out a hit or a miss that is it. The scenario is You are behind enemy lines and your spotter is dead. There are no classes .... it's run what you brung. Nothing larger than .338 and of course no armor piercing ammo. Target ranges will be given, so no range finding needed for most of the match, but there could be a stage where you need to range a target using your reticle.

For directions, contact info etc. the web site is Rayner's Range There are also monthly matches on the 4th Sunday of every month if you'd like to check it out ahead of time. Overnight camping is permitted. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the concession/registration area.

As of right now this match is filled to capacity, but a waiting list is available. There are always a few cancellations or non-payments, so if you want to shoot it wouldn't hurt to get on the waiting list. It seems that pretty much everyone on the waiting list gets to shoot, but no guarantees. There might still be a few spots that may be available to shoot on Friday with the match staff. Obviously this is a pretty popular match and a lot of fun. You can search some of the old match threads for pictures and good videos. Good luck to everyone.

Please contact the Rayner's for availability, reservations, etc. I'll answer what questions I can, but have nothing to do with running the match. I'm just spreading the word. Here is their website Rayner's Range

Next year the match fee will increase to $100, however there will be prizes awarded for the top shooters. The paybacks will be $100.00 for 1st $75.00 for 2nd $50.00 for 3rd.

Out me on the waitkist please, or let me kniw hiw to do so!

Sorry for the above spellings, I fat-fingered my phone keys! Anyway, I'd very much like to be on the waitlist. I was signed up for another match in PA this fall that now been cancelled. I'm newly moved to Ohio and want to find some good local matches and a place to shoot. Thanks!

Called and spoke with Tom yesterday, my money has been received and I am ready for the match! For anyone who has not attended an event at Rayners, this is my 3rd Snipers Match there and Tom and his family all out-do themselves as well as the RO's to make it match worth every penny. If you have never shot a match, or want to try something new, come to Rayner's! They are some of the best people you will meet, and treat everyone like family.