• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2015 SHC...where and when? Any plans??

dondlhmn

RLO
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2013
Reno, NV, USA for now
Well, I am getting tired of reading about a match I have never gone to and shot, so like the title says...2015 SHC...where and when? Any plans?? My buddy and I have asked about 500 questions about how the stages were set up, etc, etc and if we can get time and money together next year WE WANNA GO!! Still have a LOT of questions about a LOT of things....but hey...WE WANNA GO!!

So, SERIOUSLY...any kind of SOLID PLANS for a 2015 SHC? I have never attended, but have read all the back and forth as to where/when/gonna happen or not and am curious about the dates (if a decison has been made) so I can start making plans NOW. I really believe that the sooner one starts making plans, the more likely they are to actually happen and NOT get pushed aside by or distractions/events/family/WIFE/economics, etc.

By the way...I want to say THANK YOU to the organizers of this event in past years and also in advance for the year 2015. Without folks willing to step up and do the planning/organizing/hosting/hard work, our sport would be way behind and suffering compared to what/where it is now.

Last edited:
OK...if that is WRITTEN IN STONE , we are going to start planning NOW!! Fort Morgan, CO...actually------

Where: Weldona, CO Exit 66A off I-76 and When: May 22-25, 2015

Do I have that all correct? Is it pretty safe to start making motel reservations NOW?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do I have that all correct? Is it pretty safe to start making motel reservations NOW? I'm guessing it is best to be there the day before the match...is that a good guess? When does the shooters meeting/briefing happen...is it the night before or on the first morning?

Lotta questions I know and the answers may be spread around on the site here but I haven't found all of them yet, but we want to do it the best we can when it comes to planning...especially since this will be our first and it is a LOONG drive from home!!

PS...we have a LOT more questions, but will ask our local guys (I think 2 of our fellow local match shooters were there) that were there this year. I might also post a list of questions that we new attendees have and maybe guys that were there this year can chime in with answers. I'm thiking iIt would be great to have both all the questions AND the answers in one thread. HOPEFULLY that will be helpful to guys that are pondering attending/shooting in the SHC!

Last edited:
Don,

First of all.. breath deeply and RELAX. There are a lot of options for housing, travel routes, restaurants, etc.

Get a hotel in Fort Morgan, CO. There are quite a few. If camping is your thing, you can camp out there. Some people have camped at a nearby lake, but it was not impressive.

In regards to preparing for the actual shooting, Casey and I have some suggestions we will share with you in the near future. Time to get your DOPE perfect so that you are ready for first round hits, without sighters, in almost any conditions. Scotty can also assist.

It will all work out and I am glad you made the decision to go!

Neil? BREATHE DEEPLY??? RELAX??? ME?? :eek: I have already made reservations for a motel room in Ft. Morgan for the 21st through the 26th....I'm thinking NOW is better and if I should wind up having to cancel my res, that can always be done. We don't really want to camp as we both HIGHLY VALUE getting a good hot shower at least once a day.....though evening/after shooting beer and BBQs on site just might be doable/kind of fun!!

I already used up all my DOPE....oh, wait...you don't mean that kind, I'm gonna bet! LOL!! Gotta get my new rifle loads all tested and do the zeroes for it....gonna be fun, but finding time is tough....too many things interfering....!!

Not for nothing but you can get into a campground maybe 30 mins away with a Parks Pass and they have showers on the order of about $0.50/two minutes of hot water. If you are willing to take a short drive over and back you can camp for free on site and still use the shower at the campground.

Weldona, CO? That would be a haul from eastern Washington but it sure looks fun. I've been wanting to try something new. I'm guessing this is Memorial Day weekend. Are the qualifications to come and play? I've spent some time shooting conventional high power rifle but I am mostly a pistol shooter. Is there a mailing list?