• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2018 Sniper's Hide Team Challenge Colville WA

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    2018 Sniper's Hide Team Challenge

June 1st to June 3rd

Colville Washington Range

Support equipment/ Shooting aids:
    All match equipment used by competitors must be carried during the entire match.

Cartridge requirements:
    minimum 6mm - maximum .338, velocity not to exceed 3200 fps

Rifle:
    "open" specification - must be safe to operate and have a functioning safety

Round count (estimate):
    250 rounds, firing extra rounds may be allowed on certain courses100 rounds of handgun

Rifle target distances:
    0-1200 yards,

Pistol target distances:
    The effective range of pistol All targets will be reactive armor steel plate.

Pistol Requirements:
    No Open or Full “Race” guns, but Delta points and Trijicon RMR, style sights are acceptable.

Registration is OPEN

This is a TEAM Event being held in Colville Washington along with Carl Taylor and In Motion Targets

Images from previous years

IMG_3653.JPG

SH_HD_vEventStage-1.jpg

SH_HD_AICoville2-1.jpg

This is a field course designed to test the shooter in a practical way. Find it, range it, engage it.

This year we are doing things a bit different, the range will open on Friday for a Fantasy Camp to help new shooter understand what goes into shooting a match of this type. We will have trial stages set up that you can practice on. You'll be able to interact with other shooters and brands to learn how to engage targets in this type of setting.

We always have a robust junior crowd so this is a great event for new or junior shooters in a very low-stress environment.

We will be offering a discount code for sponsors and junior shooters. So if you want to bring a junior (under 18) contact me for the code.

There will be range campsites available. Campsites are dry camps i.e. no hookups for septic, water or power.
    Prices are as follows:

• Tent and RV Sites $30
    during registration, you will be able to pay for camping if you so choose.

Hotels / Motels

Kettle Falls Inn
    205 E 3rd Street HWY 395
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141
    Phone: 509 738 6514

Benny’s Colville Inn
    915 S Main
    Colville, WA 99114
    Phone: 509 684 2517

Comfort Inn
    166 Canning Drive NE
    Colville, WA 99114
    Phone: 509 684 2010

Grandview Inn Motel & RV Park
    978 HWY 395N
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141
    Phone: 509 738 6733

Link to Registration Page

HOLY CRAP!!!......that looks like a beautiful part of the country to go shooting in. ?

It is a fun course. I had a blast when I was there for the Cup in 2016. I had an awesome group of people I got squaded with. It can be frustrating but well worth the trip.

45E5A5D8-9533-461F-A749-8061F1EDDDB6.jpeg

Amazing location. Hoping to be there again this year

Reactions: MarinePMI

June 1st to June 3rd

All match equipment used by competitors must be carried during the entire match.

Cartridge requirements:

Rifle:

Round count (estimate):
    250 rounds, firing extra rounds may be allowed on certain courses100 rounds of handgun

Rifle target distances:
    0-1200 yards,

Pistol target distances:

Pistol Requirements:
    No Open or Full “Race” guns, but Delta points and Trijicon RMR, style sights are acceptable.

Registration is OPEN

This is a TEAM Event being held in Colville Washington along with Carl Taylor and In Motion Targets

View attachment 6883800
    View attachment 6883801
    View attachment 6883802

This is a field course designed to test the shooter in a practical way. Find it, range it, engage it.

This year we are doing things a bit different, the range will open on Friday for a Fantasy Camp to help new shooter understand what goes into shooting a match of this type. We will have trial stages set up that you can practice on. You'll be able to interact with other shooters and brands to learn how to engage targets in this type of setting.

We always have a robust junior crowd so this is a great event for new or junior shooters in a very low-stress environment.

We will be offering a discount code for sponsors and junior shooters. So if you want to bring a junior (under 18) contact me for the code.

There will be range campsites available. Campsites are dry camps i.e. no hookups for septic, water or power.
    Prices are as follows:

• Tent and RV Sites $30

Hotels / Motels

Kettle Falls Inn
    205 E 3rd Street HWY 395
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141

Benny’s Colville Inn
    915 S Main
    Colville, WA 99114

Comfort Inn
    166 Canning Drive NE
    Colville, WA 99114

978 HWY 395N
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141

What time on Friday will the fantasy camp begin and is there a separate cost associated with it?

Lowlight--If I RO instead of shoot this year, would I be allowed to do the Friday trainup?

What qualifies as a "Limited" class? If your partner is shooting "open" do you have to shoot "open"?

I’m sure looking forward to making the trip out this year. And the Friday train up sure sounds worth it to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, this match is on the RTC schedule as part of the "Rifleman's Team Challenge". The RTC has a limited division in which both team members have to run calibers in the "limited" division. I think that the only calibers for this are .223/5.56 and .308. Is this what you were referring to?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, this match is on the RTC schedule as part of the "Rifleman's Team Challenge". The RTC has a limited division in which both team members have to run calibers in the "limited" division. I think that the only calibers for this are .223/5.56 and .308. Is this what you were referring to?

Probably, I went ahead and did open because my partner is shooting one of those 6.5mm whipper snappers. Thanks though.

Just noticed the Inmotion website registration is using one of my photos from last year, pretty cool, ive got some more if they want them

Is registration per shooter or per team (of two)?
    Anyone looking for a team mate? ;)

Registration is per person because you need to sign the release of liability. There is a section where you fill out your team mate. If you don’t have one, leave it blank. They will pick someone if there is another solo sign up or you run the match solo. I think there was someone last year who didn’t have a partner and shot solo.

For the pistol portion, is there a preferred method of carry? As in, would a holster of some sort be necessary or can we assume that the pistol section will be fairly limited so keeping it unloaded in a pack would suffice?

Maybe someone can clue me in. I thought I heard on the podcast the course of fire is practical tactical...? Being brand new to bolt guns and just scratching the surface on longer range shooting can someone clue me in on this?

The reason I ask is that I have been watching a NRL 2017 match video and see like 100 guys humping all kinds of gear... what sticks out most to me are all the bags trailing behind some of these guys. I am I crazy thinking this is just way to crap to carry... I guess this is why the word practical stuck in my head.

Maybe someone can clue me in. I thought I heard on the podcast the course of fire is practical tactical...? Being brand new to bolt guns and just scratching the surface on longer range shooting can someone clue me in on this?

The reason I ask is that I have been watching a NRL 2017 match video and see like 100 guys humping all kinds of gear... what sticks out most to me are all the bags trailing behind some of these guys. I am I crazy thinking this is just way to crap to carry... I guess this is why the word practical stuck in my head.

You’re gonna be doing a lot of walking at the team challenge but the stages (last year) are more field positions, prone, Tripod, sitting with a tall bipod, shooting off your pack to see above tall grass. You don’t need all the pillows off your bed but a rear bag and a tack pad worked great for me last year.

I walked 12 miles the first day and 10 the second (per the health app on iPhone so take it for what it’s worth).

Here’s an example, there was some pistol first then run and get setup, laying downhill but having to look up, a 6-9in bipod was too short so most people shot off their packs.

79BD51C1-01E7-49CA-8033-2297AF0CBE17.jpeg

Is this still open for sponsorship ?

June 1st to June 3rd

Cartridge requirements:

Rifle:

Round count (estimate):

Rifle target distances:
    0-1200 yards,

Pistol target distances:

Pistol Requirements:

Registration is OPEN

View attachment 6883800
    View attachment 6883801
    View attachment 6883802

Prices are as follows:

• Tent and RV Sites $30

Hotels / Motels

Kettle Falls Inn
    205 E 3rd Street HWY 395
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141

Benny’s Colville Inn
    915 S Main
    Colville, WA 99114

Comfort Inn
    166 Canning Drive NE
    Colville, WA 99114

978 HWY 395N
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141

A .223 is fine if you are shooting heavies at 2900fps or so, a Valkyrie is no problem either. Some targets are beyond 1000 yards but not many

Most of the kids I saw last year were shooting 6.5CM

I was an RO last year and Frank's right, all the kids I remember were running 6.5CM. Can't forget MB rockin' one!!! She's awesome

Here is a few examples of images

4a25-277d-2d0d-67f4.jpg

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

All the other bags were staged by another competitor, but what you carry is up to you, the air filled bags work best they don't weigh anything

A way to look at Practical Is, we use very little artificial obstacles, most of what you shoot off of is natural terrain

SH_HD_SHTCMB-1-2.jpg

SH_HD_SHTCMB-1-3.jpg

SH_HD_SHTCMB-1.jpg

That is impressive! I’ve got a mini Fix on order for my 10 yr old. He will have to put in some time and I hope we can be there in 2019. Santa is bringing me a 6.5 so these pics are great motivation. Thanks!

Frank--Looks like I can only get Sunday off from work. Do I get ahold of Carl to help RO?

What's the schedule like on Sunday? I'm trying to book flights and don't know when everything will be wrapped up.

Dude, can't help you on the flight thing,

I hate when people try to manage sunday flight wise, pick the latest flight you can get and hope for the best.

I have no idea when it wraps, could be 2, 3, 4, 5, etc

Reactions: Lonestar1027
    The shoot location is ~ 2hrs from Spokane airport. I'd suggest you have a relaxing evening and leave on a Monday flight.... awesome venue to shoot at if you haven't been there in the past. Scenery is simply outstanding as the photos indicate.

Reactions: Lonestar1027
    DIBBS,
    That's what I decided to do since the last flight was at 6pm on Sunday. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to shooting the shit with you guys

@Lowlight If you're all signed up and ready to go, do we just meet at the range camp (main) site on Friday at 8am for sign-in and practice shoot?

Last edited:
    Do i need to register for the open range day Friday? I would love to enter the match but just don’t know enough yet. How do I find the location of the shoot? This will be my first time at an event like this. All I’ve found posted is that it’s somewhere just outside of Colville.

Anyone going to this years SHC know when check-in is? My teammate and I were planning on being there at the site on Friday morning at 8AM to check-in and get some get some fam fire in to dial things in before the Sat/Sun comp. I'm not sure what the protocol is, so any info is much appreciated.

Registration is per person because you need to sign the release of liability. There is a section where you fill out your team mate. If you don’t have one, leave it blank. They will pick someone if there is another solo sign up or you run the match solo. I think there was someone last year who didn’t have a partner and shot solo.
    I was the "solo" guy; was a good learning experience, a bit frustrating on first day because RO's gave me half the time they gave the teams (90 vs 180 seconds), which did not take into account that the team members both set up in about 1 minute simultaneously and each shot for 1 minute consecutively. I asked ROs on second day to level out the playing field by giving me 2 minutes (1min setup, 1 min shoot), which they were easy on. But 50% of personal amounted to less than 50% of effort, as the beauty of team effort is spotting, helping and sharing gear with each other plus the peer support/pressure. Would recommend that host has one RO on the bench that can jump in as a partner, kind of like the designated player caddie in golf.

@Lowlight mentioned there would be some activities on Friday, but the communication from Carl has only been about registration at Benny’s at 5:00. Is that being coordinated separately?