• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 2018 Wisconsin Events and Shooting thread

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
2018 discussion and chatter thread -

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Some cool info on a TV show below - King of 2 Mile on the Pursuit Outdoor channel.

Attachments

• photo86407.png
    photo86407.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I have the series set to record!

Ed was good enough to chamber up my old 260 barrel to 6.5-47L for my old boy (Buzz). It's got a short threat because I wanted to shoot lighter bullets to reduce the recoils for him since he is only an 80lb 10 year old. Well, took it out on Tuesday and did a little rough load development with varget and 120amax. Showed promise so I loaded 20 of the best shooting load to take out to a friends farm to shoot. We set steel at 225,318 and 400 because the land owner has never really shot past 100 yards. He said his zero was good at 100 and I brough a couple larger plates for confidence. Had him making hits with his ar on a 8" plate with his AR and 55gr vmax factory ammo. He was stoked!

We took out a couple of my guns and I wanted to see what Buzz's gun could do at distance so he jokingly suggested we put a plate at the far end of the field we were shooting by a little gravel pile. I said "hell yeah!" To his surprise it lasered out at 1200 even. I had 10 rounds left. After 5 to true the drop and wind I put 2 rounds on he 10x13" plate and the final 3 into 4" on the 12" round plate beside it! Needless to say I'm very happy with how it shoots!! 44moa of drop and 6moa of wind.

My 300wsm, shooting 210vlds at 2850 were using 5moa of wind for comparison.

Another great start to the year and I think another guy bitten by the long range bug.

Excellent to hear Geno

Glad to see another one in the area getting the shooting bug. It looks like you got a tack driver as well, a nice setup for Buzz.

Cheers

oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Last I heard about Racine they were hoping to get one spring and one fall match in around the land work.

Made it out today with Garrett G to Shiocton. Shot a little prone and a little off my tripod. I still need tripod work. I also brought the AR out and got that dialed in a bit closer.

IMG_1143.JPG Got the new fx 120i on the way! Let's see those SDs shrink! Spring for Buzz's model 70 came in today too.

Attachments

• IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Info.

To all those that have shot at the TNT club, there's word that they are going to do another tightest group shoot at 420 yards on Feb. 3rd this event will be a team shoot compiled of 4 or 5 member teams. There's a lot of gray area with the rules, some of the chatter - it might be random draw teams, guns only shot once. The whole idea is they want to try something different. You shoot your target and get scored individually as well as used for the team or you may be shooting two targets.

Plan a 4 or 5 member team ahead of time just incase that flys and the random draw doesn't happen.

Anyways things will get figured out on Feb. 3rd and it should be fun.

For those that have not been at the TNT club - folks will start showing up around 10:30 sign up is probably at 11:00
Location look at a map -
Locate Marshfield, WI
Follow Highway H west out of town till you meet Highway V
Follow Highwasy V north from Highway H for about 3 miles till you see Mann Road
Turn West on Mann Road and go a 1/2 mile
The TNT motorcycle club will be on your left

Just passing along what I heard

Cheers

If they're going to do the team thing it would be best they figured out how it was going to be done sooner. That way people can plan accordingly

Jamie and buzz are out... they're leaving for FL that day

I can make it. I just need to be on the road by 2:30 so I can make a prior obligation.

Can’t wait to see everyone again! It’s been too long!

Looks like the guy I'm bringing , his wife will probably make it. Now that she's coming Jamie is going to try to work it so she can come too... lol

Gonna be a busy week! Jamie wants to get out for some trigger time too before we go. Is it really starting that late this time?

Not my event Geno :unsure:, Bob is thinking folks will start showing up around 10:30 and hopefully they will get started early

I know I know, it would be nice if they didn't wait till lunch to start though. No worries it'll be cold but fun anyway

Probably won’t be at any events until the April Border Wars series, unless the spring Racine match goes through.

Right now I’m waiting on my AI bolt to come back from Mile High Shooting. Hopefully a new extractor remedied some issues I was having.

I'm sure they'd let you shoot in some goofy assed position if you really wanted to. Imagine the bragging rights if you could beat us prone guys! ;)

I sure hope I was reading into this to deep, I sensed that prone shooting is ?? Beginners level to a more advanced PRS or Borders War type of shooting.

If so I seen the unfortunate effects of this from some of the best at the Grinder years ago.

Cheers everyone
Oneshot

I sure hope I was reading into this to deep, I sensed that prone shooting is ?? Beginners level to a more advanced PRS or Borders War type of shooting.

If so I seen the unfortunate effects of this from some of the best at the Grinder years ago.

Cheers everyone
Oneshot

You're reading into it too deep. I just don't enjoy shooting prone matches as much anymore. I like movement. I shot the Ripon 600 yard matches a handful of times and that was fun for awhile but lost it's luster after a few times.

They both require application of the fundamentals and an amount of dedication to be good at them. I just, personally, enjoy one more than the other. To each their own.

Everyone has their favorite shooting discipline and at the end of the day it doesn't matter which type it is as long as we are all having fun pulling the trigger and enjoying the sport. It's the camaraderie both here and at the line that makes this sport what it is, Good Luck and have fun in 2018.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Reactions: Jec375
Got another guy coming. Borrowing a rifle too... He's the one with the farm in currently shooting at.

Good shooting everyone, it was a good time and camaraderie, thanks Geno for bringing in some new folks to the sport. I hope you and your truck full and Merc made it home safe in the snow.

Cheers
Oneshot

It was good seeing everyone again. All the new ones had a blast! Paula is gonna frame her 5 shot group! Jamie is a bit disappointed because it didn't go as planned and there was nothing she could do about it but I'll get her back in the spirit. Hanging with all the KO2M celebrities helps ;)

Nice looking setup there Geno.
Pretty serious looking gadget up front on it.

Oneshot

When they said no rests for marshfield I figured I better show them there's ways a way around. This this is actually more stable than the rest

I agree it would be interesting but when I look at rifle shoots this year I would rather do a shoot that’s more applicable to me. I don’t do much night shooting.

I’m going to use it as practice for Lodi. Shake the rust off a bit and iron out any issues prior to the Border Wars and SDSC.

The additional element of being at night throws and added amount of stress into it that I hope reveals some things I need to practice on.

I did not look at the format on this shoot but just to throw a little out there for those that might like the info.

If they force you to do all of your functions in the light of the night, practice at home in your dark room with getting your balistics app lighting tamed down and work at setting up your dope in the darkness of the room to the point of adjusting your scope - any struggles will surface and can be put to rest versus at the event.

Utilize low level red lighting flashlight to read your info and making adjustments - easiest on your eyes in the darkness.

Utilize the ability to read what the local weather is in your area through a smart phone in order to see what the baseline winds are doing in the area and do your best to scrub off of that info - at times winds are still blowing at night and you can't see anything to read off of.

Don't worry about your reticle lighting up if the are using lighted targets - a lighted target makes any reticle look top notch even without lighting your reticle up. Now with that said if its a dim target then you will want a reticle that is able to give you just enough light in order not to wash out the target image.

Hope some of this helps

Cheers

Oneshot.onehit

Thanks for the info.

My big thing is trying to get my DOPE all trued up with what my ballistics calculators are telling me.