• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition 2019 Berger SW Nationals

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    Logged on at 7:00 AM MDT and was able to register for the Grand Aggregate. Heard that all slots were filled within 15 to 20 minutes. Anyone else get registered?

You may want to check the Hampton in Anthem. Close to Ben Avery and have stayed there several time for the SWN.

I was lucky enough to get in also. I attended this year for the first time and had a great time. Well run and well supported by the industry sponsors.

I'm in... #2, actually... ;)

Think I'm gonna pull the travel trailer down this year. The hotel rates in Phoenix that time of year are stupid high for any place you might actually *want* to stay in. Better off to find something on VRBO/HomeAway/AirBnB in the surrounding area, IMO.

My buddy and I just pull my "redneck RV" (a kinda fancied up cargo trailer with a flat screen TV, heat, LED overhead lights, bunks and carpeting in it) down there and camp in the Shooter's Campground East....only thing we do not have in the "RV" is a toilet, so we jsut reserve a space real close to the toilets/showers they have there. It is a lot of fun as we have about a dozen or more folks there that camp and to shoot the matches and is VERY convenient to the range...not to mention cheap! We both got registered for the 1000 and the 600 yard (we are both F-Open shooters) in about the first 10 minutes it was open for registration. It sure closed out QUICKLY!! WehHave been there for the last couple of years to shoot and camped in the Shooter's East Campground and that worked out great!

I was able to get signed up for the grand aggregate as well....even with a few network errors that morning and looking forward!

I was able to get signed up for the grand aggregate as well....even with a few network errors that morning and looking forward!

Hey there deplorable...were you on that team I saw running around Ben Avery last year that had T shirts that said "deplorables" across them? Does that US ARMY looking star in your icons mean you are also an Army retired guy?

Last edited:
    Hey there deplorable...were you on that team I saw running around Ben Avery last year that had T shirts that said "deplorables" across them? Does that US ARMY looking star in your icons mean you are also an Army retired guy?

This will be my first time shooting at the SW Nationals and my icon is the Dallas Cowboys star

I went two (and a half?) years ago, just for the Midrange day, and it was absolutely the coolest match I ever attended. Not the least because my Granddaughter was shooting her very first formal match that day alongside me as the two of us shot the .223 at 600yd.

Meeting up with the Thompsons and Gallaghers again was another highlight.

My ancient bod, however, was not up to the task; and I ended retiring from the match after the first stage. I continued to score, etc. for my other shooter, and he did quite well. I learned a useful thing or two about the .284 that day, too.

Considering that two months later, I had a heart attack; retiring was the wiser option that day.

I have since hung up my competition hat for good, and consider it a final thing.

But the Berger SW LR Nationals of 2016 will be one of my lifelong top memories, regardless.

Best fortune to all who make it there.

Greg

Last edited:
    I need to shoot about 60 more rounds so all my cases are empty. I will wait to load until about a week before, I dont want to loose any neck tension.

Yep...looking forward to shooting the 600 yard, the Palma and the 1000 yard matches on Saturday and Sunday. Getting all the reloading done for all that was kinda like making reloading into a danged J-O-B (three letter bad word) or maybe W-O-R-K (4 letter bad word!)! Looking also forward to some warm weather and definitely ready for some shooting fun!! Gonna spend part of Thursday the 14th at the LAPUA facility in MESA getting a 40X test done (mine) and a Vudoo tested, too (my buddy's) and am VERY MUCH looking forward to that!

See you ALL there!!

Reactions: Rangemaster
    Yep...looking forward to shooting the 600 yard, the Palma and the 1000 yard matches on Saturday and Sunday. Getting all the reloading done for all that was kinda like making reloading into a danged J-O-B (three letter bad word) or maybe W-O-R-K (4 letter bad word!)! Looking also forward to some warm weather and definitely ready for some shooting fun!! Gonna spend part of Thursday the 14th at the LAPUA facility in MESA getting a 40X test done (mine) and a Vudoo tested, too (my buddy's) and am VERY MUCH looking forward to that!

See you ALL there!!

Don

what day you leaving? I am leaving Monday and should be rolling in around Tuesday morning.

We (my buddy Todd and I) should be arriving Tuesday mid afternoon-ish and we are camping in Shooter's East Campground in my redneck RV (My big white cargo trailer) in, IIRC, spot 7...titanium gray Ford F250 and White trailer, w/NV plates. We will be Northeast of the shower/toilets about 80 yards I think

Hi guys,
    Where can one find the scores to date or follow them by day?